Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep - it’s a sticky situation.

I’m interested to know if SoS has gone directly to Dodo and asked what we could add in the deal as a tie breaker. Philips? 2020 3rd rounder?

Essendon > 5, 25, 2020 3rd rounder & Philips
Sydney > Daniher, 9
Carlton > Papley

It’s a lot, but we replace Philips with Pittonet for cheap, get Papley. We’ll have to suck up losing the 3rd rounder though.

The sticking point is definitely 9/Sydney player.
I fear Casboult might be the circuit breaker, either by going to * or going to the Suns for extra picks we will need.

Dodo said in the AFL article hopefully he will fall back in love with the club. The reason why they are driving such a hard bargain is because there is no Joe in this year’s draft. That’s why his buying price is so high. Make of it what you will. Only one year to go on his contract. You’d be shitting yourself if he doesn’t change his mind in the next 12 months. Posturing is all it is but he is contracted.
And that's fair enough but i hate all of the bullshit mind games, eg. He's not being traded, he's a required player, up until Sydney offer a deal we like...
Dodoro should just come out and say (honestly) we will not do business without Picks 5, 9 & a Player for a start, or "He's not up for trade - end of discussion".
Dragging it out is not helping his club. Then again it might be Sydney stuffing around.

I an starting to become a bit concerned about our ruck stocks.
MK
Phillips / Pittonet (or both = ample)
TDK
+ either another draftee (think this draft may have some options) or another option at the draft table
May have our eye on a DFA or another ruck should their position slide down the pecking order at their current club ala Collingwood’s Max Lynch

Regardless of specifics, every club would have more trade options a month out from trade week, than 3 days before the deadline.

If Papley (who by every account is our #1 target) falls through, I seriously doubt we see a player coming in for #9 on Wednesday.
I don't think bigblueboy has said anything contradictory.

Never said he did

But you or anyone else think that Papley, Martin and Betts are our only targets and or we will definitely land all 3 and no one else, then you might be in for a surprise

Dodo said in the AFL article hopefully he will fall back in love with the club. The reason why they are driving such a hard bargain is because there is no Joe in this year’s draft. That’s why his buying price is so high. Make of it what you will. Only one year to go on his contract. You’d be shitting yourself if he doesn’t change his mind in the next 12 months. Posturing is all it is but he is contracted.

Essendon could do worse than package the two Swans Daniher picks with both their second rounders for Gold Coast’s King.
5, 9, 31, 33 for a player who could be a big flight risk next year. That’ll give Gold Coasts rebuild 9 picks in the first two rounds this year when they add the Martin pick. Of course they’d want to retain King... but if Essendon were serious about doing something they’d send Daniher then throw the kitchen sink at King if he’s likely to go anyway and they get to restock Big time from a single draft.

Agree with you Arrow, Silvagni is aware of the testosterone and over inflated demands of all recruitment mngrs this time f the year, because we’d do likewise its the nature of the beast.
Stephen has long had contingency plans with multiply targets non doubt, next week will be fun , Monday to set the tone of things to come.
We have 2 top 10 picks to dangle at the gallery something quality will drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon could do worse than package the two Swans Daniher picks with both their second rounders for Gold Coast’s King.
5, 9, 31, 33 for a player who could be a big flight risk next year. That’ll give Gold Coasts rebuild 9 picks in the first two rounds this year when they add the Martin pick. Of course they’d want to retain King... but if Essendon were serious about doing something they’d send Daniher then throw the kitchen sink at King if he’s likely to go anyway and they get to restock Big time from a single draft.
I think King signed a contract extension.

If the Papley deal falls over, I wouldn't be averse to picking up Jamaine Jones as a dfa....thought he was a bit stiff to be delisted, but the Cats have a plethora of small forwards at the moment.
I think he’s pursuing a career in a boy band.

You know reporters are struggling for content when they run with that for a story.

Sydney won't deal either of those players.

I reckon Daniher will get out.. He is a liability at the moment.

He is a good player when he is up and going but has been out of action for over 2 years.

Asking for Heeney is not realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back