Traded Aiden Bonar [traded with future 4th to North Melbourne for future 3rd]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we keep him. I think he has ability. As everyone knows he missed a fair bit of football and development on his late teens, always going to be a slow burn. He is pretty good 1 out and is a bit of a beast. I hope we persevere. In addition to how well publicised established talent, We have a heap of young talent on the roster from the last 3 drafts (which I reckon is underated), hard to get a game for Bonar, which may see him push the issue

Gws would be crazy to hold onto him, guys like Caldwell, hately, o halloran even Shipley have outperformed him. He’d literally be their 12th best mid and even with their injury crisis really didn’t get a look in. Has little forward nous aswell. Might be able to sucker a team into handing over something decent now. Hope we steer clear

He's behind Cogs,Ward,Taranto,Hopper,,Deboer, Greene,Green assuming draft)Hately, Shipley,Caldwell and possibly Ohalloran as players who can be inside mids.Kelly and Williams can also play as inside/outside mids.Add to this he can't compete with Whitfield etc on a wing.He has been underwhelming at NEAFL level from m I've seen and read..Bit similar to Matt Kennedy when he was at Giants.Good guy apparently .Hope we get something similar to that trade so a pick in 30s or maybe something tied in with Patton

$400k x 2 years remaining on his contract is whats pushing clubs away

A team with alot of cap space and a pick in the mid 40's-50's it might be a nice risk but doubt a top line team thats competing for top 8 would be highly unlikely
Overpaid big time

Doubt that'll get it done.

Giants want a 2nd rounder and he is under contract.
We don't need him true but I think we are mostly over giving away players for nada.
Given he’s reportedly on 400k next year, him staying will push someone else out GWS want to keep more, or there’s less money for Cameron, Whitfield and Williams next year.
Suggest he gets cheaper closer to the deadline.

He needs to build his tank. He also is a big ball hunter. He’s got two more years with us. I’d like to see us keep him for one more year to see if he improves those two areas.
You have way to many who are better options than bonar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given he’s reportedly on 400k next year, him staying will push someone else out GWS want to keep more, or there’s less money for Cameron, Whitfield and Williams next year.
Suggest he gets cheaper closer to the deadline.
We are already trading out Tomlinson and Patton who are on big contracts.
Keeping Bonar won't push someone out

The first one was a fu** up and didn't graft. It's essentially 1 knee injury that required 2 ops to repair due to medical reasons, not really comparable to somebody returning and re-injuring.

Sounds similar to Beau Muston.....And you blokes want a Top 30 pick for him?....Pass.

Has played 2 years without any re-occurence, so no, not like that at all.

Can't even dominate at NEAFL level after 2 years there, & your club has the temerity to ask for a Top 30 pick....LOL.

The bloke is a steak-knives selection.

We are already trading out Tomlinson and Patton who are on big contracts.
Keeping Bonar won't push someone out
Wont hurt the cap if he is gone either , The way its looking Bonar is not really what the GWS are wanting to keep so no point paying out for something thats not needed . just move on and concentrate on the players that matter

Wont hurt the cap if he is gone either , The way its looking Bonar is not really what the GWS are wanting to keep so no point paying out for something thats not needed . just move on and concentrate on the players that matter

Won't hurt the side at all of he is gone.

Doesn't mean we accept nothing for him either.

I'm sure If something fair is offered we will accept. We aren't a club known to be pricks.

Looks like we’re the only club interested. Reckon if Daniher gets done early enough and some cap frees up this will get done.

Back