Opinion Sack Chapman - October 2019 Edition - Maintain The Rage

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
The board want chappy on

As quoted on 5AA

I think I’m the best person to be chairman of this football club... with all the change that is going on the board has encouraged me to stay on and see thought the next 12 months.”

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's is pumping his own tyres . He is also defensive about his extending himself. This guy is not doing it on performance. Another year of non achieving social posturing.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I just re-watched the Pyke/Burton press conference on the back of the camp controversy and it is utterly unbelievable that Burton was a) rolled out for the press conference, and b) not sacked immediately.
It is indefensible. It was a complete and utter train wreck. We can look back now and see from the constant and 'categorical' claims that "there are no lingering issues from the camp" that both Pyke and Burton were completely delusional. There was clearly no connection or understanding of the playing group at all.

dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Can someone make me a SACK CHAPMAN aviator please? :D

Not sure if you wanted an animated one, but here's a start:

y21wD2P.gif

and the same again, this time with googly eyes:

rVnbVwn.gif

One more...with googlier eyes

s6ZrmOo.gif

Last edited:
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I just re-watched the Pyke/Burton press conference on the back of the camp controversy and it is utterly unbelievable that Burton was a) rolled out for the press conference, and b) not sacked immediately.
It is indefensible. It was a complete and utter train wreck. We can look back now and see from the constant and 'categorical' claims that "there are no lingering issues from the camp" that both Pyke and Burton were completely delusional. There was clearly no connection or understanding of the playing group at all.
Agreed and when you combine that with his absolutely insane selection policies, it only makes Pyke look even more out of touch.

The vibe I get from Don Pyke is that he'd be better off as a background operator, like a head of strategy. Somebody who does a lot of analysis behind the scenes but doesn't really need to interact with the players all that much.

Back