2019 F1 Championship Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix

I don't get the Vettel non penalty. Even though it compromised his start and race, he still jumped the lights.

Throws off those around him too. Ridiculous.

Just combing through this thread now, shouldn't be surprised at the complete silence about LeClerc's antics and Vettel's start. And somehow blaming Verstappen for...something. He was 100% spot on in his interview about the Ferraris.

Certain posters also have a tiresome repetitive agenda. Pitiful obsessions.

Going to stick to Reddit (lol) for actual meaningful discussion of F1.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Leclerc also under investigation for continuing to drive an unsafe car. Rightfully so

I don't get the Vettel non penalty. Even though it compromised his start and race, he still jumped the lights.
No way Leclerc gets done for that.
Not his fault that race control didn’t issue him with a come in or else command.
If he gets done, they’ll win on appeal being able to provide plenty of footage of cars running with various bits hanging off and not getting penalties.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just combing through this thread now, shouldn't be surprised at the complete silence about LeClerc's antics and Vettel's start. And somehow blaming Verstappen for...something. He was 100% spot on in his interview about the Ferraris.

Please..... don’t slam the door, I’ve got a headache.....

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
No way Leclerc gets done for that.
Not his fault that race control didn’t issue him with a come in or else command.
If he gets done, they’ll win on appeal being able to provide plenty of footage of cars running with various bits hanging off and not getting penalties.
I can't recall many drivers that have ignored team orders to come in, and allowed a flailing part to break off the car as a result. Is it all on race control to tell drivers when they have to come in for this type of thing? (I agree that they should have).

Also a little surprised that Albon didn't get a penalty. Screwed up Norris' race over a move that wasn't there.

Marmik

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
R.Federer, M.Verstappen, ChelseaFC

Haha I agree, not sure what's with the Charles love fest. Haven't been enjoying his antics recently but he is still pretty young so I guess it is a bit excusable. In his post race interview Charles stated he understeered and it was a "tricky" situation (imo he pretty much conceded that he stuffed up). Max didn't do anything, Charles moved into him. Regarding Vettel, I think it was because he did not actually cross the line or he didn't move enough to activate the sensor so he didn't receive a penalty. I didn't mind that decision.

And yes Reddit is much better, even for AFL.

Marmik

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
R.Federer, M.Verstappen, ChelseaFC
They can't do anything after allowing Verstappen to miss the apex and shove off Leclerc in Austria. No question that Leclerc should've got a penalty otherwise.

He didn't shove him off. Both times Max has held his line and Charles moved into him.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
You are wrong.
Fat Controller You Are Wrong.png

10 second penalty for LeClerc with the front wing incident. 5 second penalty for LeClerc again for the collision with Verstappen.

If the FIA were really serious about this, though, should have been a disqualification.

Imagine this at approaching 300 km/h...

Peqg3Md.jpg

Back