Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Citrus22

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Definitely adds some flair to the midfield but he does still have the tendency to butcher it and have the occasional brain fade.. clearly a talented player but hard to tell what he'll become..

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
He's a solid B grader. He'll never be more than that. Has some good qualities and some bad that will never be ironed out. If he stays then great but not for an A grader pay packet.

No way IMO it’s 500k if we were offering Mitchell low 4s

Like Lloyd last I reckon it’s peanuts

Whatever Lloyd is on then jones should be 100k more at least

I’d pay him what it takes as I don’t see it getting silly

No ones offering him a million surely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Zac was more pushed out or looking to leave... He and Paps both seemed like heart & soul type players. Wear their passion on thier sleeves. Bang the badge after a goal, go into bat for teammates, seem to have pride for the club & invest themselves into the club culture... So it would be concerning if those types of players were leaving more of their own accord & less due to chasing opportunity/$/lifestyle elsewhere.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Wonder if Zac was more pushed out or looking to leave... He and Paps both seemed like heart & soul type players. Wear their passion on thier sleeves. Bang the badge after a goal, go into bat for teammates, seem to have pride for the club & invest themselves into the club culture... So it would be concerning if those types of players were leaving more of their own accord & less due to chasing opportunity/$/lifestyle elsewhere.

Harley is on record stating that Jones had a contract offer on the table for a long time. Also said it was difficult and they were lucky to sign him 2 years ago and the pull of home was there at that time.

Papley’s heart and soul, as far as I’m concerned is tucked into a cardholder in his wallet!

heard we were way off with the $

i like jones, leaves a gap in the side imo, i know he shits some off

ive sort of accepted an uncontracted player will fetch unders,

heard we were way off with the $

i like jones, leaves a gap in the side imo, i know he shits some off

ive sort of accepted an uncontracted player will fetch unders,
Won't fetch unders at all IMO. Only finished top 10 in the B&F once in his 6 seasons, in the bottom half of our best 22. His initial draft position is no more relevant than Papley's, I think we'll get a fair trade

Won't fetch unders at all IMO. Only finished top 10 in the B&F once in his 6 seasons, in the bottom half of our best 22. His initial draft position is no more relevant than Papley's, I think we'll get a fair trade

I think it will be a token pick though, really low

Wishing Zak all the best. Had hoped he would have stayed.

The Sydney Swans have secured draft picks 32, 76 and Fremantle’s 2020 Round 3 pick in exchange for defender Zak Jones, pick 56 and next year’s Round 4 pick following a trade with St Kilda in the final minutes of the AFL Trade Period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back