Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Aish, Ben Ronke. Any interest in either?

would love Ronke, builds his game on defensive pressure. The same game he kicked 7 he also had 10 tackles from memory. My thinking is that our forward line is potent enough now. We just need someone elite at chasing and tackling who can also slot 1 or 2 a game.

Guess Adelaide can see what Keath is worth when he goes to the draft. Then they’ll know how much more than a 40’s pick they could have got but have SFA to show for him.
I have a feeling the Saints May blink soon. Just hoping the blink doesn’t involve re-signing Bruce

C4 bang on again with the wines rumour. He is looking to come back to victoria

Wow! That’s huge. I probably don’t rate him as highly as a lot of people but I think he’d be the perfect get for Carlton. Get another big bodied midfielder in their prime to help Cripps.

Can’t see how it gets done this year though. Once the Papley and Martin deals go through Carlton won’t have a lot of assets. You’d think at the very least that Wines would cost the same as the Shiel/Treloar deals. Two first rounders with a second coming back, might be more since he has another three years left. Just can’t see it getting done.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again. Le Young will be a star, a monster KPD. I’d be basing my defence around him. Keath will complement young....
I like the boy

1571016161812.png

Last edited:
Nice to see Ben King pulling the old, “I’ll lock in my cash at the suns then demand a trade in 12 months time”, trick.

Gives him the mega cash and he’ll end up in Melbs. Smart play.

And no, I don’t know anything. Just spitballing. That’s what I’d do if i were representing him. Smart either way.
Agreed. Gives the suns leverage too. Win win for both Ben and the Suns regardless of whether he stays or goes.
Takes the co tract pressure off him during the year and allows him to perform stress free, too.

They are getting Lewis Taylor from Brisbane, IIRC he beat Bont for the rising star.

Note: Just wanted to use (IIRC) in a post.
Nobody beats the Bont. IINM it was rigged.

Taylor is average and won't cover Papley's loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butler is the other guy out there which would slot nicely into our side. Pressure forward with great goal sense.

Can we get into his ear, late change of heart?

I like the move by the swans to get Lewis Taylor. He cops a raw deal in these parts imo.
Swans are the best at turning recycled duds to decent players.
Michael Talia says hi.

Can't think of any player currently on the Swans list that was a recycled dud player that became decent after moving to Sydney.

Does anybody think Bruce's value has gone up since the re-signing of King?

Feel like Bruce would be more important to St Kilda right now
Not really. They had no interest is offering Bruce a contract passed 2020 regardless of whether King was getting there. They’d be stupid to manage their list based on a very big maybe of getting Ben King.

Does anybody think Bruce's value has gone up since the re-signing of King?

Feel like Bruce would be more important to St Kilda right now

If they get all five targets this season they’ll have to let Bruce and Steven go (both to get further assets and open up list spots). I can’t see them not dealing both of them.

Butler is the other guy out there which would slot nicely into our side. Pressure forward with great goal sense.

Can we get into his ear, late change of heart?
He was terrible in the second half of the year. Not a clear best 22 player with us.

If they get all five targets this season they’ll have to let Bruce and Steven go (both to get further assets and open up list spots). I can’t see them not dealing both of them.
They'll need to let Bruce go to onforward picks to Sydney for Zac Jones. May as well set that up as a threeway trade IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back