Traded Eddie Betts [traded to Carlton for 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes you were aware of the mathematical possibilities, but you and most other Carlton fans expected better results this season (as did AFC supporters)

Nope again. 7 wins was the floor of my expected range. And I was always open to the wider spectrum of possibilities.

I did post this back in January though ...

A possible outcome of this scenario - Crows get pick 4, Carlton get Stocker and pick 8.

Could be an inspired trade if they’ve got their rating of Stocker right.

According to the AFL Website it should be pick 69 or 82, back of the draft token pick should do it.

Eddie Betts (Adelaide to Carlton)
A veteran and a great of the game in Betts is reportedly looking for a reunion with his former side in Carlton. Fortunately, there are a few examples of celebrated older players moving clubs recently, including Luke Hodge. The Lions essentially gave up pick No.75 in order to secure Hodge, then 33 years of age, back in 2017. The Blues will not have to part with much more in order to secure the 32-year-old Betts. Carlton has picks No.69 and No.82 at the bottom of the draft order. Either should be enough to welcome the talented goalkicker back to Ikon Park.

Yes you were aware of the mathematical possibilities, but you and most other Carlton fans expected better results this season (as did AFC supporters)

7 wins and a % of 84.5 would have seen us finish 13th or 14th in every season since we expanded to 18 teams. So bottom 4 was a little bit of an anomaly in that respect. I note the Crows board had 7 wins as the very utmost of forecasts in their poll.

2 wins to 7 wins really was a great improvement.

According to the AFL Website it should be pick 69 or 82, back of the draft token pick should do it.

I think what pick will depend on who pays what of his salary. The more Carlton pay, the less the pick will be.

7 wins and a % of 84.5 would have seen us finish 13th or 14th in every season since we expanded to 18 teams. So bottom 4 was a little bit of an anomaly in that respect. I note the Crows board had 7 wins as the very utmost of forecasts in their poll.

2 wins to 7 wins really was a great improvement.

That’s not true though, you would make it outside of the bottom 4, in half of those years
In 2011, 7 wins gets you 14th out 17.

In 2012, 2014 you’d finish 14th out 18 with 7 wins.

In 2013 you’d finish 16th.

In 2016 you’d finish 13th.

In 2017 and 2018 you’d finish 15th.

A very generous gesture from young Reid in paying half of Eddie’s salary to play for Carlton with a nothing pick the trade price.
Shows the respect young Reid has for Silvagni ... fine lad is young Reid.
Aren't the blues renegotiating his contract he only has one year left on his existing one

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Ive heard Kane Cornes say we are paying some of the wage, but no one can give a confirmation yet

I could live with up to $100K of the $500 he was on

Big Gun thinks its $250K
Big Gun is full of it...

Source please or are you making up crap again, salary part that is

Mate thats whats being talked about all week both here and on the radio , But unless you have proof its less then im happy to listen
anything from 25%-50% is what they are saying on the trade radio.

But with the way Reid has traded with SOS in the past i wouldnt put it past him

Now do you know what amount the crows are paying ?

Young Reid gets sos'd again , Pick in the 70/80's and paying half the salary

Sos has found the golden goose that keeps on laying the golden eggs's
so a guy that we got for nothing by the way of draft capital 6 years ago - goes on to kick over 300 goals for us, win multiple goals of the year and put bums on seats. We then trade him back to Carlton for a late pick (more than what we paid for him in his prime) when he is just about done as a player and we get just about all of his contract off our books and you (who has a shocking record of trolling) think we got SOS'd..you missed your calling and that was as a court jester

Mate thats whats being talked about all week both here and on the radio , But unless you have proof its less then im happy to listen
anything from 25%-50% is what they are saying on the trade radio.

But with the way Reid has traded with SOS in the past i wouldnt put it past him

Now do you know what amount the crows are paying ?

Confirmation please, but I guess you wont be able to provide anything

I could handle $100K thats 20% of the $500k plus we are paying him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back