News Gone: Eddie Betts traded to Carlton for 2020 4th Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Carlton play us here in 2020 and we can cheer him off like the legend he was for us. I feel this is 1 player leaving us who won't be booed ;)

And if does, shame on any Crows that participates

But as sad as the situation is, it's the right move for the club. Stengle and McAdam can now make their mark. The future is now
Ill call it now
Indigenous round
Thursday Night at Adelaide Oval

I understand all the list management realities of this, and I have moved home for family reasons in the last couple of years, so I can sympathize with the family aspect.

But honestly, I'm pretty flat. This feels like rock bottom. Going to be hard to look at the signed Eddie Guernsey in my office.

Hopefully it's new coach day tomorrow, then onwards and upwards.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eddie = You did a great job at Adelaide and you deserved a premiership, it is a shame that never happened.
Adelaide = meh, gives in easily to a crappy trade. Might work out okay if we get the spoon and #1 pick next year.

I don't understand. We signed him for 3 years and then after 2 years we take a crap trade to send him to Carlton and pay him part of his salary? I reckon the club did this because the club wronged Eddie very badly and this is compensation for whatever harm they did. I know this is speculation, but this club gives me no other choice but to speculate since all they're concerned about is trying to maintain some unattainable perfect public image. This club will literally lie to its members to avoid public accountability for their actions, if the club isn't broken, as Dunstall says, why do so many people want out, even those who are contracted beyond this year? All I know is the club has done something really bad that they will never admit to us if they can get away with it, just like they tried to do with TIppett.

Eddie = You did a great job at Adelaide and you deserved a premiership, it is a shame that never happened.
Adelaide = meh, gives in easily to a crappy trade. Might work out okay if we get the spoon and #1 pick next year.

We won't get the wooden spoon.

We won't get the wooden spoon.
Agreed
Have a strong nucleus still
Depends on how good our youth is determines if it's 10-14 or 6-10.
But we wont be bottom 4 (unless the league is as even as this year was and we get the bottom end of the pack. But well still be 3-5 games clear of the bottom 2)

Get over the PR aspect, that doesn’t win flags. These are the types of cut throat calls successful clubs like the Hawks make with legends. I have no doubt he will have a couple of decent games next year, but Stengle needs to step up and give us 30+ goals a year.
This was not a cut throat call. It was a case of Eddie wanting out. There’s nothing admirable about what the club has done here and I think a lot of members and supporters will not be happy that by our actions we have bolstered Carltons membership and their salary cap.

The fact we had to dump his salary shows how poor the contract given to him was.

We should never have paid so much to a player getting on in years like Betts.

Another poor list management decision that, when I questioned it at the time, I was smashed for.
Agree. To offload half a mil next yr if you include Jenkins is shite management and the list manager who also paid 2 first for Gibbs should get out of Dodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankyou Eddie, you're a legend.

That said, right move by the club.

I don't understand. We signed him for 3 years and then after 2 years we take a crap trade to send him to Carlton and pay him part of his salary? I reckon the club did this because the club wronged Eddie very badly and this is compensation for whatever harm they did. I know this is speculation, but this club gives me no other choice but to speculate since all they're concerned about is trying to maintain some unattainable perfect public image. This club will literally lie to its members to avoid public accountability for their actions, if the club isn't broken, as Dunstall says, why do so many people want out, even those who are contracted beyond this year? All I know is the club has done something really bad that they will never admit to us if they can get away with it, just like they tried to do with TIppett.

Or shits changed.

3 years ago and we have a list not only capable of challenging for a premiership, we are.

The past 2 years have seen this club implode, and via that, made the only option left to pick up the pieces, refresh the list and start the process ago. It's not wronging anyone, it's just things change and on our end, Betts is one of the players we need to move on due to his age, and how we've focused small forwards last year.

It's the price of such failure. If we were still top 4-6, you'd probably find that only Douglas, and Jacobs would be moved on, and we'd pony up for Greenwood/Keath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back