Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Status
Not open for further replies.

AT97

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
"We're hopeful on Papley"

"We're hopeful on Jack Martin"

"Won't necessarily go down to the wire, hopefully happens quicker rather than later"

"In discussions with Hawthorn for Pittonet, hopeful we can get that done"

Stephen "The Hopeful" Silvagni

Standard line by sos. Probably would still say the same thing if asked Betts.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

I just saw this on the news. There was more to it, before the quote he basically said Martin might be an easier get than Papley. Also joked that he’ll give Jack Martin a call.

Agent Betts has a nice ring to it.

Juddrockz

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Round 1 Carlton vs Richmond
Kreuzer wins the tap down to cripps who win the first clearances handball out to Walsh who kicks is long to center half forward McGovern and Curnow fly for the mark ( McGovern puts his knee in the back of Rance head 😂) balls comes to ground Papley roves it brilliantly handballs over the top to Eddie who shrugs off grimes snaps around the corner and kicks the first goal of the yr and 50 thousand Carlton supporters erupt
Make that 75 thousand Blues members 😊😊😊

MrJimmy

All Australian
Sep 18, 2011
The Red House Over Yonda
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton FC
That’s trade talk, but the kid has dominated at VFL level but is way way behind Ceglar.

He is a decent tap ruckman and when he tackles he hurts them, but he is lumbering and for a Big guy he has very small hands (that’s a Hawk board in joke about his inability to take a mark)

We also have young Reeves on our rookie list who is developing nicely.

My take on it was they were fattening him up for a trade and now they have a bite.
Oh good... for a second there i thought he was going to be the next Max Gawn 😉

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
I think Bombers would be mad not to take 5&9 from Syd for Daniher and then on trade them to try and land Wines which is exactly what they need, more so than us, would have to be bat s**t crazy not to look at something like that, then again dodo is an imbecile that is prone to idiotic moves like keeping Daniher and losing him next year to free agency. Either way as long as we still get Papley I don’t care if they all curl up in a dark corner and die.

Welcome home Edward I have missed you greatly you little champ you. 👍🏽

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
That’s trade talk, but the kid has dominated at VFL level but is way way behind Ceglar.

He is a decent tap ruckman and when he tackles he hurts them, but he is lumbering and for a Big guy he has very small hands (that’s a Hawk board in joke about his inability to take a mark)

We also have young Reeves on our rookie list who is developing nicely.

My take on it was they were fattening him up for a trade and now they have a bite.
You don't fatten someone up to get a 4th round pick.

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Safely assume it wouldn’t be cheap.

Contracted, captain and unexpected.

Anything less than a 1st and 2nd round draft pick would be very unlikely.

“assume” is the key word here.

Wines fell out of favour late in the year at PA.

Also talk that Port will run with 1 x Captain this year (not Wines).

Also whispers that there is disharmony in the club.

Do they really want to keep a $800K per year player on their books when they have too much grunt and not enough run?

Assumptions are silly.

Always best to ask the questions - sometimes the answers will surprise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back