Past 19. Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching Eddie speak at the presser it’s clear we need to thank the following:

Richmond for beating the crows in the GF
Collective minds for the “camp”

If crows win that GF.....no camp, no Eddie for CFC

Yellow and black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I've waited this long to post and the occasion seems to warrant an outpouring of genuine affection, so here goes.
I have loved the Blues since before I could walk. I had no choice. Sensibly my mother and father dictated that as a family there was to be only one shade of blue, and it was to be navy.
When Salty old Mick arrived at the club fresh off the book tour, I felt that nothing good would some of this appointment and when my favourite number 19 exited shortly afterwards, rightly or wrongly I attributed his departure to that bitter old scroat, Salty Malty.
I have loved the initial hard yards that Bolts and SOS put in and firmly believe that Teaguey will lead us into finals as early as next year.
But something was missing.
And that missing component is now home and folks, that component is soul.
I love you Eddie and cannot wait until Round 1 2020.

I honestly feel like this puts closure on a dark period in our history

The process that led to sacking Ratten and replacing him with Malthouse led to the guts of the club rotting from the inside, leaving us the weakest we have ever been

Betts leaving when he did, in the way he did, was the canary in the coal mine for what was to come

His homecoming, symbolic as it might be for a year or so, is just so important for the fans. We’re back!

I honestly feel like this puts closure on a dark period in our history

The process that led to sacking Ratten and replacing him with Malthouse led to the guts of the club rotting from the inside, leaving us the weakest we have ever been

Betts leaving when he did, in the way he did, was the canary in the coal mine for what was to come

His homecoming, symbolic as it might be for a year or so, is just so important for the fans. We’re back!

Yep, Mr. Milo summed it up perfectly, it gives us back our soul.
What we do with it from now will be our choice.

No words.

Will there ever have been a louder roar from the crowd when this guy collects the ball near the boundary and slots an unlikely goal for the first time back in navy blue?

(Oh, and I need a new BF name.)

Welcome Back Eddie.

Me right now:

DjQYpjv.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back