News Gone: Eddie Betts traded to Carlton for 2020 4th Round Pick

ajs071

Senior List
Apr 28, 2012
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Carlton
Has there ever been a footballer like Eddie Betts. His story will make a great book one day. Both Adelaide fans and Carlton fans have been blessed that such a person has represented both clubs with honour and distinction. Looking forward and grateful that I get to see him finish his career at the club where it all began.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has there ever been a footballer like Eddie Betts. His story will make a great book one day. Both Adelaide fans and Carlton fans have been blessed that such a person has represented both clubs with honour and distinction. Looking forward and grateful that I get to see him finish his career at the club where it all began.
Yeh we got the best years from him happy to see him go home now

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Yes farke.n. You could of had him for the full term but you went pushed up Daisies.
But yeah it good it finishes where he began.

Yeah no doubt. Played his best footy at Adelaide.

You've got a good one in Teague though.

Would like to see Eddie get the chance to play in one more final at least.

PykeDream

Only the Betts
Sep 2, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Matthew Pavlich of external review insider status just raised this story on Nine News WA as ‘Eddie Betts flees the Crows nest’.

Wonder if he also feels that Chapman is a brilliant chairman.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Yep. 100% agree. Still I do not think he would have realised his full potential at Carlton. His years at Adelaide we no doubt his best
Oh you’re just being nice on oppo board. Some of his feats at Carlton pre were also miraculous.
Its ok.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
In before one of our usual suspects pops up with another of the world's falsest dichotomies.

"Well, you weren't happy when we wouldnt play the kids, and now you're not happy when we ruin the relationship with a club legend to the point that he no longer wants to be associated with the club. Just can't win with you, can we? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:"
Clearly things have not gone well the last 2 years, but it’s clear they’re trying to mend bridges, remove personnel responsible (yes, I know Chapman is still there) and move on.

When will you be able to actually move on from all of this s**t and enjoy watching the Crows again? Surely pushing out senior players at the right time, refreshing the footy department and hopefully a promotion of youth next season ticks all your boxes?

Large 1

Club Legend
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't understand. We signed him for 3 years and then after 2 years we take a crap trade to send him to Carlton and pay him part of his salary? I reckon the club did this because the club wronged Eddie very badly and this is compensation for whatever harm they did. I know this is speculation, but this club gives me no other choice but to speculate since all they're concerned about is trying to maintain some unattainable perfect public image. This club will literally lie to its members to avoid public accountability for their actions, if the club isn't broken, as Dunstall says, why do so many people want out, even those who are contracted beyond this year? All I know is the club has done something really bad that they will never admit to us if they can get away with it, just like they tried to do with TIppett.
That is one take on it....or the club signed Eddie up to invest is a three year premiership window that never came. Now we need to move on.
I hope it is this and not that Eddie is scorned, but I do think he REALLY like Teague and has not been happy with the forward line coaches since he left.

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
Will be weird for his kids. Have grown up with the crows and will now get probably 1 year supporting the blues. Wonder if they'll stay with them after next year?
Hopefully brainwashed. There is video evidence of his kids saying they want to play with crows not Carlton

Clearly things have not gone well the last 2 years, but it’s clear they’re trying to mend bridges, remove personnel responsible (yes, I know Chapman is still there) and move on.

When will you be able to actually move on from all of this s**t and enjoy watching the Crows again? Surely pushing out senior players at the right time, refreshing the footy department and hopefully a promotion of youth next season ticks all your boxes?

I'm not sure that I'll really know until or unless the final decision is made on whether we get voting members rights or not.

Our club's issues are systemic. They'll keep repeating over and over and over until we have a structure that demands accountability.

In the same way that moving Trigg out didnt cure the rot, and it infact festered and got worse, moving Burton on won't cure the rot.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
But you get the child more interested in your club than the other by having the child around the club. Lewie is a huge Adelaide Crows fan. He's been adorable to watch at SANFL games where he would get upset about other club songs being played and only wanting to hear the Crows song. Now his dad will finish his career at the other club and he will grow up associating around that club more than us.

How can you give a s**t about something that can’t even be a possibility for a dozen years? It’s on nobody’s radar and had nothing to do with Carlton’s decision, Eddie was going back to Victoria anyway where he’d have gotten involved in his beloved Blues again. We made him what he became, he’s gone, stiff s**t, move on.

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
How old are they?

Gosh the footy landscape will change so much by the time they are considered an option you would imagine.
20191014_214545.jpeg

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back