Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless Papley falls through, won't happen. Papley won't fall through. The fallout for Wines will make him a cheaper pickup next year.
Yep, which is all the more reason to keep our future 1st. Can walk into next years trade period with Ollie as our main target and have the trade capital to get it done. In the meantime, we will get a better gauge on the rest of our list and potentially have a player or two that we would be willing to trade. And the timing works better for us in terms of having a E.Curnow replacement.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Pittonet with the lack of opportunities/not setting the world on fire. He is still only 23 which is an absolute baby in ruck years. 4th in the Liston is a good sign.

He is coming in to bridge that age gap in our rucks. Kreuzer getting older but still has a few years left. Pittonet will only play (maybe) when Kreuzer is injured. Even then we have Casboult

Exactly. He's insurance. That's it. He's young and who knows what his ceiling could be.

Phillips had already peaked (if you can call it a peak) and the thought of him rucking half the year if Krooz goes down AND overpaying him makes me shudder.

It's a solid trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Carlton trade related but .....

I’ve heard it this..

Port adel trade their pick 10, Ryder and Dougal to the saints.

In return, saints give port picks 12&18

Saints then trade pick 10 to Freo for Hill and also give Freo next years first round.

Does this sound right?? Two likely top 10 picks for Brad Hill ??????

Yep, which is all the more reason to keep our future 1st. Can walk into next years trade period with Ollie as our main target and have the trade capital to get it done. In the meantime, we will get a better gauge on the rest of our list and potentially have a player or two that we would be willing to trade. And the timing works better for us in terms of having a E.Curnow replacement.

Pretty much the way I see it.
We'd also know whether we need Wines then, or whether we have more important, or better alternatives.

It does seem as though the game will play out just how it needed to - Getting Papley and Martin and hanging onto '20 1st....just in case.
Should SOS walk out of this trade period with '20s 2nd intact, then he truly has done an amazing job.

Guesswork:
Martin will get done today.
Papley will be done ‘live’ tomorrow night, along with Daniher.
Clubs have probably had agreements in place for weeks for most trades, but have to appease the AFL media circus in terms of timing the lodgements.

Interestingly from what I can see on the Port board - they feel like they have enough Wine's type players on the list. They need more quality kicks than inside mids.

Port was number one in the comp for contested possession and number 3 for clearances. Didn't help them win games, whilst the worst 2 teams in these categories have shared the last 3 flags.

I’d love us to get Wines this year. That would be an all time great trade period. No way Port trades him, though. They would be a laughing stock.
As long as he stays at port, then im fine with us missing this year. If he were to end up at * or Hawks, I would be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back