Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Collingwood club focus thread
I don’t think we have to go over the top to “woo” players to the club. He either wanted to come or he didn’t. We are not the North, Gold Coast Suns etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's just a good draft haul. I don't remember any trade activity that led to it.
Jeremy Howe for Paul Seedsman.

And you should remember Wellingham for pick 18.......Brodie Grundy. All clubs have good and bad recruitment decisions both trading and drafting. It's not an exact science.

Is it my imagination, or are the Pies toying with a mini 'reset'?

- It come out they entertained the idea of trading Treloar
- Cox is on the trade table.
- They're playing hardball with Grundy
- Elliot was touch and go to be re-signed
- they currently don't have any early picks

going to be a quiet period for us. Should really go hard for King next year. perfect fit for us

It is your imagination.

Guess the Darcy Cameron trade will happen but here are a Few Possible we could do Monday - Wednesday

• Trade in Josh Jenkins. Probably for Scharanberg
  • Trade Thomas and ? to Suns for Pick 15
  • Trade Cutler in for ?
  • Trade Scharaneberg for a Pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balls deep in cap pressure

At this point, I'd be looking to off-load players who have some value of some sorts. As AFL Salaries aren't released, we have no clue what our cap situation is like. Players I'd consider off-loading for the right price are (assuming we need to off-load players) are:

Would preferably seek future picks and this is what I'd want for them, not what we'd necessarily get:
Matt Scharenberg (30-40)
James Aish (30-40)
Will Hoskin-Elliot (25-35)
Josh Thomas (30-40)
Mason Cox (35-45)
Brayden Sier (20-30)[I know he just re-signed but he seems a surplus. Wills is also better in every way bar age]
Sam Murray (not sure what he is worth and we would've delisted him so probably a pick 50+.

If the rumours are true, I'd happily bring in Jenkins if he will play for 200k only which is apparely around 40-50% of what Cox makes for similar output. I'd try and land Cameron with a pick that is 60+. I'd also consider re-drafting Dale Thomas as a rookie as he will cost virtually nothing and he is clearly AFL standard as he had a good year and is a very versatile option.

Firstly, thanks for visiting.

Secondly, we have no cap pressure. It is a media beat up to keep a revelant club in the news.

You may not understand that.
Will be hilarious seeing people’s reactions when the Pies go after a huge FA next year.

This has been their strategy all along while people think it’s salary cap relief.

Will be hilarious seeing people’s reactions when the Pies go after a huge FA next year.

This has been their strategy all along while people think it’s salary cap relief.

Any idea who?

At this point, I'd be looking to off-load players who have some value of some sorts. As AFL Salaries aren't released, we have no clue what our cap situation is like. Players I'd consider off-loading for the right price are (assuming we need to off-load players) are:

Would preferably seek future picks and this is what I'd want for them, not what we'd necessarily get:
Matt Scharenberg (30-40)
James Aish (30-40)
Will Hoskin-Elliot (25-35)
Josh Thomas (30-40)
Mason Cox (35-45)
Brayden Sier (20-30)[I know he just re-signed but he seems a surplus. Wills is also better in every way bar age]
Sam Murray (not sure what he is worth and we would've delisted him so probably a pick 50+.

If the rumours are true, I'd happily bring in Jenkins if he will play for 200k only which is apparely around 40-50% of what Cox makes for similar output. I'd try and land Cameron with a pick that is 60+. I'd also consider re-drafting Dale Thomas as a rookie as he will cost virtually nothing and he is clearly AFL standard as he had a good year and is a very versatile option.

Personally I only really see value in Sier (as a Tigers supporter) but plenty of clubs might have a go at some of those. Wouldn't offer our first pick (19) for Sier though and our next one at 38 might be a bit weak for you unless you want a steak knife role player.

Agree re: Jenkins. Would come cheap AF and probably perform better than Cox but I think you have to be careful you don't end up with a Quintin Lynch MK2 type of player. If the window is still open (mindful that Pendles + Sidebottom are ageing etc) then a guy like Jenkins could help your forward structure without setting the world alight. De Goey needs to get himself fit and as much as I like Mihocek I don't think he handles being 1st key forward very well at the pointy end of the year.

Any idea who?

Personally I only really see value in Sier (as a Tigers supporter) but plenty of clubs might have a go at some of those. Wouldn't offer our first pick (19) for Sier though and our next one at 38 might be a bit weak for you unless you want a steak knife role player.

Agree re: Jenkins. Would come cheap AF and probably perform better than Cox but I think you have to be careful you don't end up with a Quintin Lynch MK2 type of player. If the window is still open (mindful that Pendles + Sidebottom are ageing etc) then a guy like Jenkins could help your forward structure without setting the world alight. De Goey needs to get himself fit and as much as I like Mihocek I don't think he handles being 1st key forward very well at the pointy end of the year.

Jenkins Can be the Leigh Brown MK2 ;)
Yeah you’re right about Mihocek for sure.

After doing a bit of research, I'd say we should not target Jenkins and instead target Riccardi in the VFL with our 2nd round pick as I believe he has a lot of potential and would rather get games into him over a Jenkins.

After doing a bit of research, I'd say we should not target Jenkins and instead target Riccardi in the VFL with our 2nd round pick as I believe he has a lot of potential and would rather get games into him over a Jenkins.
Strange you say this as Collingwood are really into Riccardi and he is a very good chance to end up at the Pies

Strange you say this as Collingwood are really into Riccardi and he is a very good chance to end up at the Pies

Well I hope he does. I hadn't heard his name at the time of posting and from the looks of it, seems the best Key Position Forward in this draft class, even as a mature ager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back