Traded Eddie Betts [traded to Carlton for 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the emotion and excitement will seem him have good moments in the first month or so of the season but he'll fall off dramatically after that and wouldn't expect him to get over 20 goals.

In a way that's enough for Carlton to give them early feel-good factor and (possibly) momentum.

It's a win-win-win for Adelaide, Eddie & Carlton.

Adelaide need to re-invigorate their list and play younger players.
Eddie gets to move back to Melbourne and more likely play seniors...plus likely has some kind of coaching role in place after his career finishes.
Carlton get a mentor to our young forwards and likely a development coach / indigenous cultural coach.

You obviously didn't see any games Eddie played this year. He kicked 25 goals in 19 games not v GC this year. Good luck with the 35
Head space is an important motivator and may have been a factor.
Anyways Eddie's smile is infectious with his mentoring will galvanize our forward line.
surprise bonus for media and membership department too. No brainner

Head space is an important motivator and may have been a factor.
Anyways Eddie's smile is infectious with his mentoring will galvanize our forward line.
surprise bonus for media and membership department too. No brainner
I agree, he's a suoer person to have around the club. The crows were VERY faciliting aiming to get the best for Ed.
He will be great for the kids you have on themlist and supporters will love him. I hope he does well...though I will be death riding again for the 4th rd pick 😎

I remember a while ago there was a thread asking would Betts be remembered as a Blue or a Crow once he was retired

This probably tips him into the Blues side of the ledger now

:(

Ultimately it was the best for Adelaide & Betts, but I'm still sad

Sort of the same feeling when we traded Modra

It's a win-win-win for Adelaide, Eddie & Carlton.

Adelaide need to re-invigorate their list and play younger players.
Eddie gets to move back to Melbourne and more likely play seniors...plus likely has some kind of coaching role in place after his career finishes.
Carlton get a mentor to our young forwards and likely a development coach / indigenous cultural coach.
Agree, I can't think of a bigger win win trade...maybe the Gibbs/JJK one

You can kick 35 goals and let your player run off you at every opportunity and is that a win

Hes 34 years old next year FFS and he really really struggled with any distance in his kicks and really showed the catch up of age

HE may be going to carlton as more a mentor who knows

WE desperately needed to get him out for the refresh
Unless I’m mistaken, He will be 33 for the entire 2020 season, not 34.

Players do get omitted and come back their are no issue's with that , Even good players need to go back sometimes and come back
fact remains he is still 1 of your best goal kickers and he will be missed . Betts still has another year in him and at this stage of where the crows are at he is the type that would have been a good leader

The crows seemed to drop everyone at some stage in 2019, trying to make some big statements to get a response.

Didn’t seem to work

Really Carlton???

Why??
Because even "cooked", he'd still be our best small forward, will be an excellent mentor and will put bums on seats. And got him practically for free, too.

This is a really dumb question. And lol @ all the people suddenly treating him like he's got Ebola ... even players his age still have some magic left in them. Not like we traded the house for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because even "cooked", he'd still be our best small forward, will be an excellent mentor and will put bums on seats. And got him practically for free, too.

This is a really dumb question. And lol @ all the people suddenly treating him like he's got Ebola ... even players his age still have some magic left in them. Not like we traded the house for him.

Even if he proves cooked on field, still a good get off field and also will help with positive press/membership as the fans love Eddie

Eddie Betts will kick his goals next season but I’m looking forward to the way he will bring Curnow McKay McGovern Papley Martin and Cuningham more into the game.
Eddie Betts see’s things on a footy field that most players don’t.
He see’s openings gaps and holes in opposition defences and with his deft touch makes something out of nothing for himself and his teammates.
Having a quality experienced mentor amongst our talented emerging team will be of enormous benefit and the fact the cost of acquiring him for virtually nothing with Adelaide picking up some of the tab is a nice bonus.

Actually Eddie will be 33 next year, which makes yours a NQR statement, but I’m guessing that’s your intention; anything to soften the blow of losing Eddie Betts. It’s okay dude, we understand, we lost him once too.

Born: 26 November 1986 (age 32 years), Port Lincoln

Maths not your strong point I guess

To me that's 34 next year

2020 -1986 = 34

Great to have Eddie back in navy blue.

Think this can be a win/win/win for all parties involved.

Crows will be sad to see Eddie go but with a hard reset needed, it makes sense to part ways.

Eddie is happy, back where it all began for him, at a club he has always loved.

Carlton of course are happy. A favorite son has returned, everyone loves him and always has. My guess is his stay will last a while even if he doesn’t play beyond 2020.

Reckon we’ll get 30 goals out of him this year too.

Born: 26 November 1986 (age 32 years), Port Lincoln

Maths not your strong point I guess

To me that's 34 next year

Lol. This is so childlike it makes your attempted backhander even funnier.

The origin of your inaccuracy is that you treat continuous values as though they’re discrete. I initially thought it was intentional, but after this post, I concede this may be genuinely subconscious.

EDIT: Just to clarify, Eddie turns 34 next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back