Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the leak has come from us and we have therefore caused this story to linger for him next year, is it possible we have blown our chance to nab him next year
C4[2]Yo`DooR called it on the Port board in August this year, so it wasnt necessarily hidden...more a question of where the journalist got their information.

What are the honest chances of picking up Wines or Papley? Both will fall over on Wednesday afternoon and we will end up doing something stupid like giving Pick 9 for Martin. Unless swans confirm Lewis Taylor 100% we will finish up with Betts, Pittonet and Martin.
8C14E1DF-4C8B-4C1E-9C51-CDBC893751BA.gif

Yep, which is all the more reason to keep our future 1st. Can walk into next years trade period with Ollie as our main target and have the trade capital to get it done. In the meantime, we will get a better gauge on the rest of our list and potentially have a player or two that we would be willing to trade. And the timing works better for us in terms of having a E.Curnow replacement.

Wines isn't a Curnow replacement

Geez I wonder how this going to work. That means Sydney's gonna get a downgrade from pick 9.

Maybe it involves Hawks with pick 11 and Pittonet?

Do Saints trade back up to pick 9 for 12 & 18 to get Hill from the Dockers and we on trade those picks for Papley and Martin respectively.

You really gotta be thinking in some sort of multidimensional universe with these trades and way beyond me. I guess that's what separates the good list managers from the great ones and why we have faith in SOS getting the job done.

So in effect if things pan out, SOS will have converted our first pick this year into these possible scenarios:
A) Stocker and Papley (straight up #9)
B) Stocker and Papley and Martin (and a third rounder?) splitting #9 with Hawks
C) Stocker, Papley and Pittonet, again involving Hawks
D) Stocker, Papley, and Martin ( with a future second? ) and Pittonett , Hawks again to help out
I’m so 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say don't worry about Ollie wines. Let's keep next year's first and hunt down another young gun midfielder that can help Cripps and be good for years to come. We gotta play good footy this year and become more of a destination club!
What's Cam Raynors story?!?!

Wines isn't a Curnow replacement
I know theyre not like for like. Ed can run all day and tag, whereas Wines is a bit more inside and bash & crash. But I think our team will continue to evolve, and the role Curnow plays may be moved to someone like Dow, whilst we use Wines as an additional big body at the contest.

If we do manage to get papley and Martin while retaining next years first, what’s the chances we walk to port and offer it for wines.
He and we know it’s unders but if it means not putting up with 12 months speculation?????

I know theyre not like for like. Ed can run all day and tag, whereas Wines is a bit more inside and bash & crash. But I think our team will continue to evolve, and the role Curnow plays may be moved to someone like Dow, whilst we use Wines as an additional big body at the contest.

You don't always have to replace like for like and Wines would be that mature and senior body that would replace ECurnow in the team.

If Wines is so desperate to get out, why wouldn't Essendon be after him? They should have the currency to get that deal done, should they get the deal done.

Does this s**t really finish at 7:30pm? Almost lock in the 3 way Daniher, Papley, Phillips trade will be saved for the last 5mins to make a circus like last year.
Extra exposure.

Extra $.

Gil needs a weekend yacht when the weekday one is getting a service.

These are the problems 🙂

If we do manage to get papley and Martin while retaining next years first, what’s the chances we walk to port and offer it for wines.
He and we know it’s unders but if it means not putting up with 12 months speculation?????
It would be nice, but think the AFL rules for that to be even possible Carlton need to somehow get a future 4th back.

The rule is;
If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

The AFL can allow give you permission & Carlton could argue that they have taken so many kids and 1st rounders over the last 3-4 years. But your relying on the AFL.

So from the Papley, Martin, Philips or Pittonet deal Carlton would need a future fourth our way without touching any other picks from next year.

If suddenly one of these trades pop up and Carlton have a future 4th, then get excited

I see Stocker being a better version of Wines, we also have Dow who will be a burst bull type

Wines would be a great, but I would prefer players to be in/out mids

SPS with more speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back