Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’s pretty clear that it’s been leaked that Nicks has it but the formal advice hasn’t yet gone to Yze which is a bit untidy.
Or it has and he won't say it because he wants to give the club the first opportunity.

I've been through interviews where i can't say anything before it's announced to the group.

Nicks beat Adem Yze for the role. Although the Hawks assistant was impressive in his interview, Nicks was the frontrunner for most of the process.

Yze and Hawthorn were still unaware of Adelaide’s decision as of late on Monday afternoon.

The panel was won over by Nicks relationship skills and ability to build emotional connections with players.

Does this win you premierships ?

We're going over, because we re-contracted all of the people we're terminating.

Incompetent fu**heads.

Yes and the external review findings were exactly what we were thinking internally. We were spot on. Finger on the pulse stuff. And people think we were/are not administratively right on top of our game ! C'mon. 😉 🤔

Edit: sorry, already posted.

Last edited:
Or it has and he won't say it because he wants to give the club the first opportunity.

I've been through interviews where i can't say anything before it's announced to the group.
Either way it’s a bit ordinary that Yze is doing media having to say he hasn’t been told, while other media are clearly sure enough that they’re running with it as fact. Thought they might have tried to get ahead of this when 9 broke it Sunday night.

Not the end of the world and TBH, small beans after the last 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way it’s a bit ordinary that Yze is doing media having to say he hasn’t been told, while other media are clearly sure enough that they’re running with it as fact. Thought they might have tried to get ahead of this when 9 broke it Sunday night.

Not the end of the world and TBH, small beans after the last 2 years.
I wonder if the Eddie thing hampered us a bit.

Yes and the external review findings were exactly what we were thinking internally. We were spot on. Finger on the pulse stuff. And people think we were/are not administratively right on top of our game ! C'mon. 😉 🤔 😂
Which is exactly why the very same people need to see us through the next phase. They clearly are the best people to do this, you know, based all the great decisions they have made previously...

I think it’s pretty clear that it’s been leaked that Nicks has it but the formal advice hasn’t yet gone to Yze which is a bit untidy.
Or Yze knows he does not have the job, but does not feel the need to add more to the Nicks has the job story. Allowing our club to break the story.

If Yze said this morning he did not get the job it pretty much confirms, from an actual source and not media guesswork, Nicks has it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Of course. You can have the best gameplan and tactics in the game but if you can't build relationships with your players then it's all for naught.
So which aspect have the club weighted the heaviest ....gamestyle / tactics v relationships ....acknowledging a coach / player was just as important with Pykes appointment

How do people react under pressure ...IMO is critical

7 News going with Nicks announced Monday. Said panel met again today, was a close race and not unanimous.

Now let’s assume this is accurate, who the fu** would leak that? Why start with a ? over his appointment.
I don't see it as a question mark over his appointment. If there are two excellent applicants and they are very close, why shouldn't the panel have a split decision? One of the principles of panel selection is to get some variety of thought into the panel, not a bunch of like-minded clones. A split decision over two excellent applicants is almost to be expected, and a good sign that (a) the panel is capable of some variety of thought, and (b) the position was attractive to a number of high quality applicants.

It would be a completely different matter if some of the panel objected to the preferred applicant and thought him or her unsuitable to the position. But a split decision does not mean that.

cheers

Yep if Nicks has been chosen for his 'relationships' skills, then we have to get a more 'tactical' senior assistant to balance it out

By no means am I doubting Nicks' tactical skills FTR, it's always occurred to me that Nicks seems to have a good mixture of both aspects, saw him as a frontrunner from a long way out

Or Yze knows he does not have the job, but does not feel the need to add more to the Nicks has the job story. Allowing our club to break the story.

If Yze said this morning he did not get the job it pretty much confirms, from an actual source and not media guesswork, Nicks has it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
All he said was that he's waiting for the call. He also mentioned the Scott Burns was waiting too (I think).

Yep if Nicks has been chosen for his 'relationships' skills, then we have to get a more 'tactical' senior assistant to balance it out

By no means am I doubting Nicks' tactical skills FTR, it's always occurred to me that Nicks seems to have a good mixture of both aspects, saw him as a frontrunner from a long way out
This !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back