Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rutten is the obvious one, but he might not want to come back here while we are such a shitshow.

A good left field bet would be Matthew Nicks. Originally from SA, pretty experienced and I think he played with Roo at West Adelaide.

TexForPM I hope you loaded up. I'll take my commission thanks.

TexForPM I hope you loaded up. I'll take my commission thanks.
Backed Yze

Dunno why it didn't back nicks, probably because he's bald. Best chance to get a clarko assistant..
7257cc85b0b24d6ec2ff0e8b8f189fe4.jpg

You wont see me mouthing off if its nicks.

past or future tense?

Kingsley 1st choice
Yze 2nd choice
Dont really want nicks.
Not really. I wanna kick more than 3 goals in a grand final. 😉
Nicks has only been an assistant at port for 8 years and lets be real, they're mediocre and now 1 year at gws.
Caracella, kingsley or bust.
Nicks and burns would be underwhelming af. Get someone with a fu**in personality like yze.
If roo doesnt pick yze over nicks and burns I''ll take his advice and not follow the afl anymore. We need a coach who has a personality and who is fun. Ive seen the other two talk in pressers. Dull and talk like robots.
ok yze, been coaching with clarkson since 2012 and was involved with their premierships.

Nicks, 8 long years of mediocrity working with hinkley at port adelaide. 1 year at gws, managed to kick just 3 goals in the gf.

I dont understand why some supporters here like mediocrity. Why would you want anyone from the current port coaching team.
Yze or gtfo. Dont want a mediocre ex port assistant.
Hasnt been involved with that garbage port side under hinkley.
Picking nicks over yze would be like picking mcgregor over pavlich again.
Port= mediocrity
Nicks: 8 years as an assistant at port.
Because port are garbage and he was there for 8 years. An apprenticeship under hinkley, pukes.
Yes, they wanted him and they managed to kick 3 goals in the gf. 😉 They got absolutely anihilated.
Port have done absolutely nothing since 2014 so why would you want an ex assistant from that club? Then again malcom blight did say right now, we're a mediocre football club. I would have to agree with him. I mean, they need an external review to even know if they need to sack burton. Clearly no idea.

Why would you not want yze? He's the current match day strategy assistant and every time we play hawthorn they kick our ass.

Initially I was unsure about Nicks, but thought about Doc Clarke and how every year it was Doc has to go, etc etc. got his own team, his own game plan, system, made bold changes to player structure... boom!

Will be fascinated to see who he brings with him....
I was the same when Nicks name first bandied about but really the only advantage the competitors seemed to have on him from an objective sense was the 'Clarko card'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this win you premierships ?

It's one part of the battle. You need your players to be willing to run through a brick wall for you/do the hard stuff which inevitably comes from having a good relationship with them.

Gameday is the other, and I'll assume a senior assistant who is a bit more specialized there will end up with the role.

I back the panel 100%, so let's do the same and give him a chance, the panel know more about him than we do. Also those mentioning Nicks 8 years at Port and how they were mediocre, end of the day it wouldn't have mattered who was in his role those years it would not have changed any results.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Until I see some the club make some decisions that prove they are capable of making good ones, I will continue to doubt their abilities. There have been many, many examples of poor judgement at the club over the years, so I have great difficulty backing their judgement at the moment.

Until I see some the club make some decisions that prove they are capable of making good ones, I will continue to doubt their abilities. There have been many, many examples of poor judgement at the club over the years, so I have great difficulty backing their judgement at the moment.
But DJ ... also many many good decisions by the club

Let’s keep this assessment balanced

Wasn’t Sando supposed to be a relationship guru? A guy who would be very tight with the players and get them to play for him?
The tactical ability bit was his downfall..... and the nose beers.

Well they couldn’t drag it out any longer - worst kept secret in town.

should have got ahead of it yesterday
I think we wanted to give Eddie clean air, that was a big thing for a large portion of our supporter base.

I understand where you are coming from but I am feeling optimistic about the club starting a new chapter. Onwards and upwards for the 2020s

On SM-T590 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would never write off Nicks but I'm also not going to start celebrating his appointment either. We will just have to wait and see. If the club is going to give him a clean slate, supporters should probably do the same. Let the new coach live and die by his own decisions, instead of getting bogged down by what's happened in the past.

Initially I was unsure about Nicks, but thought about Doc Clarke and how every year it was Doc has to go, etc etc. got his own team, his own game plan, system, made bold changes to player structure... boom!

Will be fascinated to see who he brings with him....

Absolute man of honour. 1.6 million almost gets us out of the hole and the soft cap blowout we've caused ourselves by poor boardroom judgement holding onto Burton and Campo until the club imploded.

Total respect for Pyke. Epitome of a club first man. Took the hit and even brought the hit on himself to save his troops.
Which makes me think that perhaps he wasn’t the part of the problem. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back