Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah not really impressed with his CV. Years of mediocrity under Hinkley and one year at the Giants where they finished 6th and got destroyed in the grand final. I get that his history is not necessarily a reflection of Nicks' senior coaching ability, but hard to get excited until he proves otherwise.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Until I see some the club make some decisions that prove they are capable of making good ones, I will continue to doubt their abilities. There have been many, many examples of poor judgement at the club over the years, so I have great difficulty backing their judgement at the moment.
The Club has a long way to go in regaining the trust of its supporters
The messaging coming out needs a more professional re vamp as well
Roo should shut his mouth for a start

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
I wonder if the Eddie thing hampered us a bit.
Why. Have you heard something. Personally I feel a little sad that he has gone but the sadness also comes with the way his move and his talk has been presented. When Eddie was playing with us he talked about how much he loved our club but he also talked so highly of Carlton. Now its all about his love for Carlton whilst Adelaide is so so. Then the media beat it up as the Crows doing the deal fo a pick that Carlton wouldn't have used next year....effective for nothing. We could have played hardball and stopped the fairytail. No credit given to the Crows for ensuring the so called fairytail gets done.

Anyway just feeling a bit done on losing Eddie. I love seeing the club up in the spotlight especially about things that are exciting or actractive about the club. We lost Dangerfield who bought those qualities with him and so did Eddie. Sloane is another and Tex was. But who do we have now. Sloane, maybe Milera. Not even the Crouch boys bring those qualities. Fogarty maybe.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah not really impressed with his CV. Years of mediocrity under Hinkley and one year at the Giants where they finished 6th and got destroyed in the grand final. I get that his history is not necessarily a reflection of Nicks' senior coaching ability, but hard to get excited until he proves otherwise.
We've picked good coaches previously, the review has told us we didn't help them like we needed to

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we wanted to give Eddie clean air, that was a big thing for a large portion of our supporter base.
Maybe.

Ended up being a Carlton day. We should have been worrying about our own business, and not leaving an applicant out to dry.

Bit unprofessional IMO, but hey, we’ve all kicked them enough.

Time to move forward

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why. Have you heard something. Personally I feel a little sad that he has gone but the sadness also comes with the way his move and his talk has been presented. When Eddie was playing with us he talked about how much he loved our club but he also talked so highly of Carlton. Now its all about his love for Carlton whilst Adelaide is so so. Then the media beat it up as the Crows doing the deal fo a pick that Carlton wouldn't have used next year....effective for nothing. We could have played hardball and stopped the fairytail. No credit given to the Crows for ensuring the so called fairytail gets done.

Anyway just feeling a bit done on losing Eddie. I love seeing the club up in the spotlight especially about things that are exciting or actractive about the club. We lost Dangerfield who bought those qualities with him and so did Eddie. Sloane is another and Tex was. But who do we have now. Sloane, maybe Milera. Not even the Crouch boys bring those qualities. Fogarty maybe.
No it just we probably wanted yesterday to be about him rather than squeeze the coach in too.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Which makes me think that perhaps he wasn’t the part of the problem. I dunno.
I don't think he was the main problem at all but he understood that a senior coach needs to be accountable and fell on his sword. He is a man of integrity unlike Campo and Burton who tried their best to hide under a rock waiting for the storm to pass. I have no doubt that Pyke will go on to have success coaching in the AFL whether as an assistant or another senior gig down the line.

I think Pyke must have known he was running out of time. His selections in 2019 made no sense but now I can see it was basically a hail mary. He threw everything at making the 8 in 2019 by selecting mature agers and it failed. He did the right thing by resigning.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I understand where you are coming from but I am feeling optimistic about the club starting a new chapter. Onwards and upwards for the 2020s

On SM-T590 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have a mild amount of optimism creeping in, but Roo and Chapman have demonstrated they are clueless about the club and what is going on. Having Roo involved in the coaching appointment doesn't fill me with hope.
Once bitten etc...

Most assistant coaches have rather uninspiring records. Even Phil Walsh.

Phil Walsh
Fitness, Geelong 1996-1999
Assistant, Port 1999-2009 (one premiership, plus the worst GF loss in history)
Assistant, West Coast 2009-2014 (wooden spoon)
Assistant, Port 2014

Don Pyke
Senior coach, Claremont 1999-2000
Director, West Coast 2001-2004
Assistant, Adelaide 2005-2006
Not involved with football 2007-2013
Assistant, West Coast 2013-2015

It's because one person doesn't make or break the success of a team. It's a group effort.

Even if you look at Malcolm Blight before he came to Adelaide, people would have complained about his repeated failures in Grand Finals at Geelong and in finals in the SANFL

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have a mild amount of optimism creeping in, but Roo and Chapman have demonstrated they are clueless about the club and what is going on. Having Roo involved in the coaching appointment doesn't fill me with hope.
Once bitten etc...

Roo was involved in appointing Phil Walsh, who I don't recall too many people complaining about. Ditto Pyke - did a good job until the 2017 GF, obviously the wheels fell off after that (as much to do with Burton as Pyke), but I'd hardly call it a bad appointment at the time.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
My hope is whilst Chappys replacement is from the current board they have some new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back