• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Think North come out ahead here. Unless next year's draft is a really poor one for Melbourne to break even they basically have to get back to 2018 form fast. I am far from certain that will happen.

Didn't like the news initially, but some merit for North in a few ways. We can package up our picks in the 20s this year for a teens pick or we can be a psuedo-gatekeeper next year for clubs looking for high picks or really go after someone after the North list has matured a bit more.

Rawlings is a ballsy customer.

Didn't like the news initially, but some merit for North in a few ways. We can package up our picks in the 20s this year for a teens pick or we can be a psuedo-gatekeeper next year for clubs looking for high picks or really go after someone after the North list has matured a bit more.

Isn't Shaw doing all your list management at this point?

Rawlings is still GM, and would have to 'unofficially' call the shots atm. We can actually call him. Shaw would have had input as well.

Rawlings is just not physically there to officially sign off, but this reeks of his handiwork.

You’ve been listening to Barrett too much.

Rawlings isn’t involved in WCE’s trade week either because of IP.

I doubt he’s sitting on a beach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting trade. Could turn out to be a great move for North if Melbourne struggle again next year.

They do need some more young talent now though. I hope they plan on doing more deals, maybe they just back themselves to nail those picks in the 20s.

Well there is talk Melbourne are making a late but for Brad Hill. Hmm

On face value of picks you definitely appear to come out on top.

Obviously it depends how Melbourne go next year, but they'd have to be top 5/6 to come out on top.

Interesting trade. Could turn out to be a great move for North if Melbourne struggle again next year.

They do need some more young talent now though. I hope they plan on doing more deals, maybe they just back themselves to nail those picks in the 20s.
Melbourne are more likely to struggle. Despite all the crap that happened this year, we didn't finish bottom 4. North have been largely consistent over the years, Melbourne have been way more flakey.

Back