News Gone: Hugh Greenwood traded to Gold Coast for 2020 3rd, 4th round picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns are on their knees, have been raped of talent, have a worse go home factor than us and have no need to play nice. The reason that the PSD doesn't get used is because when a club like Gold Coast approach a negotiation with a take it or leave it attitude, you take the pineapple or you get nothing. I'd have not been concerned if we got nothing on principle, but I understand why we've accepted what was on offer. There was no getting more from them, it's that simple.
It's a fair point you raise, I was also happy to take nothing on principle.

Can only think it's sort of a salary dump (well what it would cost to keep him).

GC probably offering 5-600k a year? We're a couple of years away from doing anything relevant, no point tying up that much cap space in a guy that won't be here (or at the level) when it matters.

Potentially tough times ahead so we will need extra dollars to retain youth and players who will contribute on the other side of the rebuild who will be very gettable during this period.

I'd say he's not worth that much $$$ and picks combined to the Suns, but if they can get him for a steal the length and dollars make sense for them. Once he chooses GC, he pretty much gets there, players have all of the power.

Would have obviously liked a bit more.
Greenwood wasn't on much to say it's a salary dump

Watch us trade that 2020 3rd with Keath for a pick in the 30s.

Effectively trading Greenwood and Keath for pick 32 or something like that
Sounds like we are a way a way from that trade.

So Hawthorns list managers who was pushing Ben to nominate them rather than us are nuffies. You should flick them an email and offer them your services.

If they rated him so highly, why didn't they take him?

They had plenty of opportunities, especially in the rookie draft after we elected to let him slide there.

So ellis yolman leaving an an unreztructed free agent nets us just about the same as greenwood gets us in a trade.

I wonder whether the club put up a garage sale sign at that meeting with the clubs back in august...or did they just simply put tags on our players with a caption reading 'anything over a dollar,..FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold cost arent even going to use the picks they gave us.... they got him basically for free, a week of negotiations for a packet of chips. Jesus and I thought we'd turned a corner
We have.

It was a long corner to turn though, we've only just started

Remove this Banner Ad

Back