Traded North Melbourne trade #8 to Melbourne for #26, #50 & 2020 1st Round Pick

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong. They are tipping that like 17 picks of the top 30 will be academy and father son next year. So pick 5 could easily end up at like 18

Wrong.

There aren't going to be 13 bids between pick 1 & 5.

There's a realistic chance that a top 5 pick may only move 1 pick next year.

Obviously the higher Melbourne finish, the higher likelihood the pick will get pushed out more, but you are dreaming if you think a top 5 pick is going to get blasted out to the teens next year....

Given next years draft, break even would only require finishing around top 10. If we finish bottom 4, or 6, we have bigger problems than this trade.

Wrong.

There aren't going to be 13 bids between pick 1 & 5.

There's a realistic chance that a top 5 pick may only move 1 pick next year.

Obviously the higher Melbourne finish, the higher likelihood the pick will get pushed out more, but you are dreaming if you think a top 5 pick is going to get blasted out to the teens next year....
17 of the 48 kids selected in the U17s all star game this year are already tied to clubs. Do some research.

It's gonna be compromised

And they are tipping that you’ll pick a kid rated outside the top 15 at pick 8.

Hopefully you split pick 8 otherwise this trade looks ugly.
We want a particular player in the draft, we are making sure we are getting him.

One way I can see us bombing it next year is a couple of injuries to key position players, as we are paper thin in terms of depth. It won’t happen, but I would grab Jenkins, providing cover and allowing TMac to go back if needed.

I'd happily split the picks but someones gotta wanna do it? Besides I'm not convinced we are 100% on weightman. Media wouldn't know.

Cats and Lions seem like good bets to me, and at this rate Port might give you 12+18 for it too /s.

Plenty of water to go under yet and Weightman might become a star anyway. I just feel this looks better for North atm.

Cats and Lions seem like good bets to me, and at this rate Port might give you 12+18 for it too.

Plenty of water to go under yet and Weightman might become a star anyway. I just feel this looks better for North atm.

But do either of those clubs feel they need 8 to get the player they want. We desperately need a small forward. If we think Weightman will be that man for us then I applaud us for having the balls to get it done.

Yeah on the face of it it does. But if we finish 6th next year and 8 becomes a very good player then it's all academic? I love the risk. We need to get better now not after next year.

17 of the 48 kids selected in the U17s all star game this year are already tied to clubs. Do some research.

It's gonna be compromised

I'm probably just a little bit more informed than you.

And do you know who they are and where they're likely to fall?

Here's an early estimate:

1. Elijah Hollands - Vic Country
2. Riley Thilthorpe - South Australia
3. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Vic Country *WB NGA
4. Will Phillips - Vic Metro
5. Braeden Campbell - Sydney Academy *Sydney Academy
6. Denver Granger-Baras - Western Australia
7. Connor Downie - Vic Metro - *Hawthorn NGA
8. Nathan O'Driscoll - Western Australia
9. Luke Edwards - South Australia *Adelaide FS
10. Ollie Henry - Vic Country

So yeah, if you stink it up again, we aren't exactly getting a second rounder, 4 of the top 7 at the moment are open to all.

The top 5 in that draft is as strong as the 2018 one.

If you finish bottom 5 and North get Will Phillips as an example, we've won the 1st division lottery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I welcome any extra rivalry with North, they're a pissant club, just like us

Our games are such prawn sandwich meh affairs. I'm not even sure this trade will bring an edge.

We have probably given you one of Ash/Kemp/Stephens/Flanders

Just be grateful.

Apart from St.Kilda, we have to be the two most depressing clubs to support.

I'm probably just a little bit more informed than you.

And do you know who they are and where they're likely to fall?

Here's an early estimate:

1. Elijah Hollands - Vic Country
2. Riley Thilthorpe - South Australia
3. Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Vic Country *WB NGA
4. Will Phillips - Vic Metro
5. Braeden Campbell - Sydney Academy *Sydney Academy
6. Denver Granger-Baras - Western Australia
7. Connor Downie - Vic Metro - *Hawthorn NGA
8. Nathan O'Driscoll - Western Australia
9. Luke Edwards - South Australia *Adelaide FS
10. Ollie Henry - Vic Country

So yeah, if you stink it up again, we aren't exactly getting a second rounder, 4 of the top 7 at the moment are open to all.

The top 5 in that draft is as strong as the 2018 one.

If you finish bottom 5 and North get Will Phillips as an example, we've won the 1st division lottery.
We will finish above you next year. Happy to bet on it.

People saying risky for Melb, I think way more risky for north.

Melbourne improve & with all the academy picks, the future first could be in the teens without melb playing finals.
Agree.

Next years draft is heavily compromised and they were saying on the radio just now that in the U18s game played before the grand final that 18 of the players on the ground were either academy selections or tied up by the father son rule next year.

Not to mention all the free hand outs to the Suns as well.

People should do a little research before they post a bunch of crap. We wouldn't have used 50 in this year's draft anyway so it's a future first and 26 for 8. It's almost worth paying 26 for the extra year of development
Maybe you should have done some research - you have to take a minimum of 3 players in the draft.

3, 8 and 97 unless you can get some picks somehow.

Maybe you should have done some research - you have to take a minimum of 3 players in the draft.

3, 8 and 97 unless you can get some picks somehow.
A rookie upgrade can count as a pick. Anyone who did their research would know that

Back