I'd pick Hunt in a forward six ahead of Hannan, personally
Playing what role? Recency bias over Hannan, In form he's way better

Tmac and Weid are marking forwards

Then Melksham and Fritsch are lead up forwards

Then Trac and Hunt are marking forwards

That's why our forward line sucks

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You assume.

Random year
2013 - Cam McCarthy, Billy Hartung and Alex Pearce.
Heeney Langford Durdin and Garlett were the 15-18 the next year and Heeney was an academy selection. Boekhorst was 19.

They might have given up 4 spuds, they might have given up 2 spuds and 2 very good players. End of the day in their premiership hitting zone next year they have one of the best mids in the AFL

Yes, I do assume. They might have given up the four greatest players in the history of the game. Its a high price to pay.

They'd want to be right up there in the next few years because they're going to be light on for replacements when they need to start phasing out the older players.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd pick Hunt in a forward six ahead of Hannan, personally

On last season's showing, Hannan would be delisted. Hopefully he gets over whatever it was that saw him with a string of 3 or 4 possession games in a row.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yes, I do assume. They might have given up the four greatest players in the history of the game. Its a high price to pay.

They'd want to be right up there in the next few years because they're going to be light on for replacements when they need to start phasing out the older players.
They could just trade out everyone for draft picks in 2 years and be the best ever again.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
They could just trade out everyone for draft picks in 2 years and be the best ever again.

Yes, sounds sensible. You're on to a cracker there.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
On Hunt, could he possibly train as a mid this year? We don’t really have anyone with his explosiveness which would give him a POD over the rest of our mids.

NFI if he’s ever, or could ever be a midfielder though 🤷‍♂️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
On Hunt, could he possibly train as a mid this year? We don’t really have anyone with his explosiveness which would give him a POD over the rest of our mids.

My opinion? No hope in hell. He's terrible at reading the play when the balls loose, has poor evasiveness and is poor with ball in hand.

At the moment he's Gary Rohan

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Wouldn't work imo. He is very quick in a straight line but has crap agility for a small and has low footy IQ. Still maintain his best position is as a role player up forward and even then if we improved enough to make finals he'd be 50/50 whether he is getting picked or not.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Fluff piece on Melbourne in the Herald Sun.

Not much to take from it, except the club is adamant the three amigos of May, Lever and.... Oscar McDonald... will form the nucleus of our defensive end and they will get the pre season to build chemistry together.

Also mentions that May was surprised at the scrutiny he received this year? Really, Steven? From turning up unfit, to getting soft tissue injuries, to getting on the sauce in rehab, to arguing on field with a teammate, to getting soft tissue injuries again, all while earning 800,000 in a side that gave away a top pick to get you for a flag and then finished 17th...

I'm not saying the scrutiny was fair, and I'm actually a big fan of Steven May the player, but come on mate , have a bit more self awareness!

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Fluff piece on Melbourne in the Herald Sun.

Not much to take from it, except the club is adamant the three amigos of May, Lever and.... Oscar McDonald... will form the nucleus of our defensive end and they will get the pre season to build chemistry together.

Also mentions that May was surprised at the scrutiny he received this year? Really, Steven? From turning up unfit, to getting soft tissue injuries, to getting on the sauce in rehab, to arguing on field with a teammate, to getting soft tissue injuries again, all while earning 800,000 in a side that gave away a top pick to get you for a flag and then finished 17th...

I'm not saying the scrutiny was fair, and I'm actually a big fan of Steven May the player, but come on mate , have a bit more self awareness!
I'm actually interested to see, if we can get 2018 OMac back, how he goes having May and Lever around him (which they only did in Round 21). Everyone jumping up and down about Frost leaving should be taken as a slight on OMac, because it is, so he should be gearing up for a big preseason.

As for May being surprised at the scrutiny, that could be considered part of the problem, or it could be considered an indication of how much of a beat up it all was. Turning up unfit - it wasn't so much that he was unfit, he was as fit as he had been his whole career, but at a new club, that wasn't fit enough. While I think I remember reading somewhere his skinfolds were about 60, but they wanted them to be 50<, not sure how many of you have ever had your skinfolds tested, 60 is not fat. The soft tissue injuries were a result of him working so hard to get where he needed to be, which is a credit to him, but also an issue of our S&C team more than anything. While the drinking is the most overblown thing of them all, not ideal at all, but it's hardly shooting bambi like some made out, and thats before you consider the extenuating circumstances which lead to it.

Of course, all said, it was hardly a great first year for him, but hopefully its the making of his career as a Demon, one this is for sure, he won't be "fat and unfit" when training resumes in a few weeks.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm actually interested to see, if we can get 2018 OMac back, how he goes having May and Lever around him (which they only did in Round 21). Everyone jumping up and down about Frost leaving should be taken as a slight on OMac, because it is, so he should be gearing up for a big preseason.

As for May being surprised at the scrutiny, that could be considered part of the problem, or it could be considered an indication of how much of a beat up it all was. Turning up unfit - it wasn't so much that he was unfit, he was as fit as he had been his whole career, but at a new club, that wasn't fit enough. While I think I remember reading somewhere his skinfolds were about 60, but they wanted them to be 50<, not sure how many of you have ever had your skinfolds tested, 60 is not fat. The soft tissue injuries were a result of him working so hard to get where he needed to be, which is a credit to him, but also an issue of our S&C team more than anything. While the drinking is the most overblown thing of them all, not ideal at all, but it's hardly shooting bambi like some made out, and thats before you consider the extenuating circumstances which lead to it.

Of course, all said, it was hardly a great first year for him, but hopefully its the making of his career as a Demon, one this is for sure, he won't be "fat and unfit" when training resumes in a few weeks.

Not to mention he's an indigenous bloke who played for GC. He could do a fev and no one cared last year.

It was a shithouse year but I don't reckon he understood the fishbowl of Melbourne at all. He's got this pre season to earn back his respect and I'll back him to be ready to go round 1

Good players don’t go beyond the mid 50s anymore. With the academy and improved drafting you don’t get obscene sliders anymore.
2016:
Rioli
Graham
Ryan
Larkey
Morrison
Lewis
Marshall
Henry
Ronke
McInerney

All of these went 50+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
2016:
Rioli
Graham
Ryan
Larkey
Morrison
Lewis
Marshall
Henry
Ronke
McInerney

All of these went 50+
Not that I back nick dal santo and his stats but on trade radio when I listened he was banging in about this. More so the number of 100 game players past 15 in the draft is rubbish and if you look at this list it is about 1/4 decent picks past even 30 I would suggest.

Not great fishing even if there are some great fish in there.

Not that I back nick dal santo and his stats but on trade radio when I listened he was banging in about this. More so the number of 100 game players past 15 in the draft is rubbish and if you look at this list it is about 1/4 decent picks past even 30 I would suggest.

Not great fishing even if there are some great fish in there.
Of that list, I’d say Ryan, Lewis, Marshall and Henry are locks to play 100 games if they stay fit.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Appologies for the intrusion, but I have recently come across this commemorative mug.
Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on it.
The "EC" instead of "FC" puzzles me, and it appears to be made in Italy.

20191015_112816.jpg

20191015_112837.jpg

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Appologies for the intrusion, but I have recently come across this commemorative mug.

View attachment 764744

View attachment 764745
i think that may be the Melbourne Equestrian Club. and with the picture of some bloke about to jump onto his horse, i'm 99% certain that's indeed what it is.

i like it. will you take 5000 lira for it?

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

View attachment 764744

View attachment 764745

Nice, definitely looks like something you could drink out of. You've certainly got yourself a mug, there.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
goblet doesn't quite suit either, not sure why

Neither does tankard, although a Melbourne commemorative tankard from a decade ago would certainly have novelty value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back