Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Fages was appointed 3 years ago today. What a choice that ended up being. 🥰🥰

I remember being Devo for leppa at the time.
Unfortunately for Leppa, things become pretty much untenable in the end.

I was with him until the last 4 or so weeks of the season, after that it was obvious he was only biding time.

When you are already on the bottom and things start tracking even further South, it’s hard to see any other outcome.

Surfing through the tv channels last night and came across one of those airport security shows.....lo and behold there was a ne'er do well being grilled re his visa etc wearing a 2010 members Lions hat!

How dare he besmirch our good name, the scoundrel...

He was deported back to his country post haste.:womansboots::airplane:

Last edited:
Heard a rumour about junior footy in Qld.Age groups being changed to If you were born between 1st of July to 30th of June the following year being the age group.So in theory if you were born on the 1st of July 2007 next year you would play in the under 12’s but be 13 halfway through the season.Which numpty decided this would be a brilliant idea as it’s a winter sport.It would be the only state in Australia to do this.

Heard a rumour about junior footy in Qld.Age groups being changed to If you were born between 1st of July to 30th of June the following year being the age group.So in theory if you were born on the 1st of July 2007 next year you would play in the under 12’s but be 13 halfway through the season.Which numpty decided this would be a brilliant idea as it’s a winter sport.It would be the only state in Australia to do this.
Heard this too. Maybe looking to get into schools? Harder to take different year groups out (say 3 & 4) vs a grade.

Heard this too. Maybe looking to get into schools? Harder to take different year groups out (say 3 & 4) vs a grade.
No good for club games and rep footy for juniors.Just mystifying why Qld would go with this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though he gets good recognition I still think Dayne Zorko is a little underrated, IMO he should be right up there on that top 50 just behind the likes of Dusty, Danger, Fyfe, Bont and Cripps, Zorks is a bona fide star of the competition.
I love the guy but the 13 above him had better years. And there are some bloody good footballers behind him too.

heard of news that the lions are moving to classic sportswear next year replacing majestic :)

Oh yay yet another bloody apparel provider change. That's about 4 in the last 6 years now

Thanks for the heads up

Given apparel choices are driven by the club I'd doubt it. The true lion seems to be for their retro ranges

Gotta be a contract thing. Surely the management we have now can see which symbol truly represents our club. And the demand for the real thing.

Every time the club is on tv, the paddelepop is in the background. And I hate it. It does not represent my club.

Interesting comment popped up in the WA thread on the draft board.

Nepotism, pure and simple, in football like every industry.

Some deliberate and some no doubt unintentional and maybe even subconscious.

Players from some schools and some families get an easier ride than others and are preferred although they have inferior stats.

Also some have been in the 'system' that is all the underage teams from under 12's and a bit like the Australian cricket team sometimes once you are picked, its hard to get dropped.

Brandon Starcevich was a Trinity boy, pretty good footballer who was in every development squad and rep team from under 12's up until he was drafted by the Lions, had a great footy name and went to a great footy school, in year 12 when he played first 18 Trinity had a very good team but for whatever reasons did not produce on the field. Starcevich had a good year but i watched nearly every game and for mine he was not the best footballer in that team, but the only one drafted.

This is why we see players like Tim Kelly pop up quite regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back