Traded Blake Acres [traded with #10, #58, future 2nd & 4th to Fremantle for Hill & future 3rd]

Who won this trade?

• St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

marcus1232

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2009
knoxfield
AFL Club
St Kilda
The most frustrating player at st.kilda I think because he has so much bloody talent.

I just think he doesn’t have that ticker that drives the best players. Maybe playing with a Fyfe or a Mundy 2 guys that get the very best out of themselves will inspire him.

What he should be bloody worth a first rounder

What he is actually worth late 2nd early 3rd

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Blake is a space cadet, noone, including himself knows what the hell he is going to do on a football field. That is what makes him both brilliant and frustrating to watch and by all reports, play with.

He was going to find himself in the awkward zone of fringe player this year, especially with our kids like Hunter and Coff coming on, guys returning from injury and the trade inclusions, all of which I see as coming straight in.

We are paying him around $450k next year, which would be a lot to pay a bloke to play at Sandringham.

There is a reason why he was nicknamed Goat at St Kilda, he has 'it', but is yet to put it together for a full game, let alone a season. I partly blame our old coach for his lack of development in a specific role, think Tomlinson.... but maybe he will just be a tease and never actually realise this potential. Who knows, he could really be anything.

There is a better chance that he will be higher in the pecking order at Freo than at St Kilda next year so if Freo offer Blake 3 or 4 years then he'd be crazy not to take it.

I guess we are getting $450k off our books for next year, I'm confused that we'd be giving him up for next to nothing but I guess sometimes thats the way the cookie crumbles. If we are giving him away after a deal is agreed upon, sounds like he is not exactly in our plans going forward and we have lost patience waiting for him to mature into the player we thought he could potentially be.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Blake is a space cadet, noone, including himself knows what the hell he is going to do on a football field. That is what makes him both brilliant and frustrating to watch and by all reports, play with.

He was going to find himself in the awkward zone of fringe player this year, especially with our kids like Hunter and Coff coming on, guys returning from injury and the trade inclusions, all of which I see as coming straight in.

We are paying him around $450k next year, which would be a lot to pay a bloke to play at Sandringham.

There is a reason why he was nicknamed Goat at St Kilda, he has 'it', but is yet to put it together for a full game, let alone a season. I partly blame our old coach for his lack of development in a specific role, think Tomlinson.... but maybe he will just be a tease and never actually realise this potential. Who knows, he could really be anything.

There is a better chance that he will be higher in the pecking order at Freo than at St Kilda next year so if Freo offer Blake 3 or 4 years then he'd be crazy not to take it.

I guess we are getting $450k off our books for next year, I'm confused that we'd be giving him up for next to nothing but I guess sometimes thats the way the cookie crumbles. If we are giving him away after a deal is agreed upon, sounds like he is not exactly in our plans going forward and we have lost patience waiting for him to mature into the player we thought he could potentially be.

I thought he was called ‘goat’ because he just stood around in a paddock doing stuff all.

Roadto2018

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Could be a seriously good get for freo, yes he's been inconsistent af but he's been played out of position basically his whole career, having to play 2nd ruck even which is just crazy. Showed great potential early and has patches where he does really good things, if given a full crack in the midfield he could be a great addition for freo.

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Really wanted him to be tied up in the Jones deal.

Big talent, just feel it’s as much in the head as anything else with him. In the right surroundings he’ll be awesome.

Ive got a feeling he might be the Dunkley of 2020

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really wanted him to be tied up in the Jones deal.

Big talent, just feel it’s as much in the head as anything else with him. In the right surroundings he’ll be awesome.

Ive got a feeling he might be the Dunkley of 2020

If he does a Dunkley I'll be mad at Richo because it basically just confirms he was consistently played out of position

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel
View image on Twitter

The picture reminds me of Kevin Beattie at Liverpool, with a modern touch.

Beattie travelled to Liverpool and impressed manager Bill Shankly sufficiently for him to be invited back to sign for the club. Beattie returned to Liverpool on his own, but nobody from the club arrived to meet him at Lime Street station. After waiting an hour and assuming they had lost interest, and with nothing but his boots and train ticket, he returned home to Carlisle.[14] Shankly would later describe missing out on signing the youngster as one of his biggest mistakes

Presumably someone picked the poor boy up, all's well that ends well.

Back