Racing The Everest

2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure he was last year $8 ish from memory on a bog heavy 8 or 9

$8.50 if you can believe it - a truly astonishing price having won it at the same price the year before (and buttered up in the Classic at $4)

Last year Shoals, who who had never won a race against older horses I believe (let alone males) got backed into $5 fave in one of the dumbest moves you will ever see in a major race in Australia

$8.50 if you can believe it - a truly astonishing price having won it at the same price the year before (and buttered up in the Classic at $4)

Last year Shoals, who who had never won a race against older horses I believe (let alone males) got backed into $5 fave in one of the dumbest moves you will ever see in a major race in Australia
One of the dumbest moves?
Kementari starting fav multiple times last spring .... 😉

Speedsters all wide

Did I just hear Munsie say 12 is a good gate for NS? lolol

It is. He can come across at his own speed now and decide at what stage to get to the front.

If he drew barrier 1 would have to be ridden aggressively straight away to stop others crossing him.

I will note NS is a nervous starter. Has a real tendency to be half a length slow away. You probably want to draw 1 and really dig him out the gates and hope he doesn't miss rather than crossing from 12 though.

He is not a good gate horse and needs to find his feet before using his natural speed. Hunting up from the outside gate to cross 11 Gp 1 sprinters he will need to work, and when he works he won't settle.

Has just south of none, reflected in the market straight after the draw.

He is not a good gate horse and needs to find his feet before using his natural speed. Hunting up from the outside gate to cross 11 Gp 1 sprinters he will need to work, and when he works he won't settle.

Has just south of none, reflected in the market straight after the draw.

I know he was stopping and this is an extra 100m

But he jumped, crossed and beat Pierata in the Galaxy. He's an enigma and should be priced as such. Pierata has been topline horse for almost 18 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he was stopping and this is an extra 100m

But he jumped, crossed and beat Pierata in the Galaxy. He's an enigma and should be priced as such. Pierata has been topline horse for almost 18 months.
He has a LR win against nothing and 2 unplaced runs at Gp level over 1200.

He was folding up at the end of 5F last start.

He has to cross the best 11 Gp1 sprinters in the land, without working whilst being able to settle.

He was not good enough for Waller to select over YYY

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be locked in on his back at the 300

Without going full Heathsy - surely McEvoy is completely taking the piss by calling Sunlight the best horse he has ever trained (*cough* FOO *cough*)
he also said the Everest has gone past the Melbourne cup in interest. The man is an idiot

as for FOO being a good called a good horse.. i want to spew up! His era was pinker pinker like, his only good quality was he thrived at the Valley.

The wide draw is perfect for Nature Strip and the race. He’s got plenty of time to get across even if jumping awkwardly. If he draws one, jumps poorly and is crossed it’s game over. Still don’t imagine I’ll be backing it but this is its best set up.

Pierata and Santa the more concerning draws for me. Pierata will need to be ridden for luck and Santa the same unless he drags right back and tries to circle them.

Awkward draw Redzel and can imagine him getting stuck osl? Arcadia Queen, Sunlight, Classique Legend, Trekking and IHT all pretty happy I would think. Alizee was going to go right back anyway and YYY probably has none from there.

At the time Paris said it would never be repeated and isn’t wrong yet.

Yeah but I thought it would be $6 here not $26 - happy to have a lotto ticket at that price. Only needs to run to 80% of that to win this

Paris how can you say pierata is a moral at $4 or above from gate 1 but lay Santa from gate 2 saying it won’t get out
Both get back run on horses

Errr Because I think Pierata settles closer in the run of course. Like he did when winning the All Aged. Pierata is a horse that settles midfield. SAL is a pure get back horse. That's the difference.

YYY into $8 after the barrier draw. Market mover. Anything can win this.

I am confident YYY can't.

That move for YYY is as laughable as the one for Shoals last year - price should be swapped with Ten Sovereigns.

This race causes some of the dumbest flucs you'll see on a race track. Pierata already on the drift despite a perfect draw. I honestly thought we'd back lucky to still get $4 when he drew that gate. He can settle in the same place AQ did in the Theo Marks - pop out at the 400 and run away for an easy win.

Can see him starting a ridiculous price like the GOAT has won at the last two years. HE SHOULD BE CLEAR FAVE!!!! Now AQ is shorter in most markets. Pure madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back