Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Summary of article:
  • Nearly 1000 jobs created as a result of the works on the $70m, 10,000 capacity Springfield stadium - 242 during works and 740 ongoing.
  • Earthworks kicking off this week
  • Ready for AFLW matches by 2022
  • Detailed design work still ongoing, expected to be ready by October
  • $44.5m upgrade to the park and ride facility at Springfield Station started two weeks ago
  • Works to be coordinated with other projects, including the new Springfield Central Commuter Car Park and the duplication of Springfield Greenbank Arterial Rd
All sounds great to me :thumbsu:

FAN BLOODY TASTIC.
source.gif

Hopefully it gets a name other than Springfield Stadium. Do we get any naming rights Lions_Insider ?
Naming rights will go to the highest bidder!
If that happens to be Springfield Land Corp, so be it!
As they have already put in, something like, 18mil towards the project.

Neither are classy as a name for our new facilities imo..

...if we want to be taken seriously up there in a Rugby state, lets go with a good solid name.

..just don't think a Superman, Disney World/Land etc name would cut it somehow.

Last edited:
Talking to one of my work mates and said they have a D12 dozer working out there.Capable of pushing around 12 m3 each push it would average around a full push every 3 minutes.So moving around 2500 m3 of dirt a day.A truck and dog trailer holds 20 m3.Just thought this might be of interest

Talking to one of my work mates and said they have a D12 dozer working out there.Capable of pushing around 12 m3 each push it would average around a full push every 3 minutes.So moving around 2500 m3 of dirt a day.A truck and dog trailer holds 20 m3.Just thought this might be of interest
Tell your mate to get a bloody move on, I want it ready for the 2019 off season.

Get the Dean Brothers in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20191016_102636.jpg

Hi all. Just a quick snap I took of the ground broken for construction of The Reserve out at Springfield. The photo was taken from the platform at Springfield Central Station, which will service the ground.

(Mods feel free to move if this is not the best place for this).

View attachment 765549

Hi all. Just a quick snap I took of the ground broken for construction of The Reserve out at Springfield. The photo was taken from the platform at Springfield Central Station, which will service the ground.

(Mods feel free to move if this is not the best place for this).
Thanks heaps Dynamics, I've been wondering how this is going, fantastic to see.

I hope that creek there doesn't flood, I assume it doesn't as that was one of the reasons given for not seriously considering Coorparoo or Yeronga as our new base.

Thanks heaps Dynamics, I've been wondering how this is going, fantastic to see.

I hope that creek there doesn't flood, I assume it doesn't as that was one of the reasons given for not seriously considering Coorparoo or Yeronga as our new base.

No worries!

We had a nice little storm a few days ago, with some hail, that filled everything up nicely. Prior to that I imagine the water level in the photo would have been much lower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back