• Fail

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fail

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Really bad fail

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you not see the contradiction in terms in wanking on about cap space, whilst declaring that we shouldnt be concerned with having good players (or presumably with getting value for them when we lose them) because of a rebuild?

What the frig is that unspent cap space going to be doing for us exactly?

Between that and the Dangerfield warchest, we must have an absolute truckload of cash to throw around!

We knew players were going from a long way out and we were only able to identify one person worth trading this period? What a fail.

What kind of absolute deadshit Club allows another Club to make demands about the medical treatment of OUR player, without an ironclad commitment as to what the trade will be?

Hopeless.

Do you not see the contradiction in terms in wanking on about cap space, whilst declaring that we shouldnt be concerned with having good players (or presumably with getting value for them when we lose them) because of a rebuild?

What the frig is that unspent cap space going to be doing for us exactly?
2013-2016: $400k for Mackay is absurd!

2019: $400k spent for players to play for other teams is a calculated masterstroke.

What kind of absolute deadshit Club allows another Club to make demands about the medical treatment of OUR player, without an ironclad commitment as to what the trade will be?

Hopeless.
Look at all the trades other than Hill, the team the player is leaving tends to get reamed, Players have all the say and you just get out of it what you can. At least we shed $$$'s and can start the rebuild now

I'm okay with how things panned out. Freed up a lot of cap space.

Don't see much point in keeping players who don't want to be here, especially as we begin a rebuild.
Pretty much this. The only one with any value was Keath who we got a future 2nd for.

More would've been nice but compared to most years, we have pick ******* 4

I really think Justin Reid is just a horrible multitasker, who just takes one instruction from the list management group and focuses on it way too much.

The list management group says to him in the situation we’re in we look like we should be looking very closely at going to the draft for this and especially next year because academy picks and Justin Reid takes that as a go ahead to just put on the blinkers and solely focus on what ever draft picks gets chucked into deals especially if they contain ‘future picks’ and doesn’t look at a lot of other options.

End result is he ends up with 3rd round picks and Frampton who literally just fell into our lap with little planning.

Last edited:
This gets boring quick, you'd be a delight at parties.

Mate, funnily enough, I am! I actually have multiple nicknames within my group of friends based upon how positive and optimistic I generally am...

It's just the bloody Crows that I've become a pessimist about (and I was still telling everybody we'd be top 4 before this season started!) :(

At least the Blues have categorically come away with the worst trade period. Disaster for them. They also think they’ll somehow land Martin the PSD or AFL draft itself. Would love to get that Pick 4 to turn into two mid 1st rounders for Gould and someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cleared the decks of some age and salary. This is the bottom from here we build!
Just sitting back and looking at the upcoming draft , we have 6 picks in the top 50. Only 1 in first round but a good one. And we have picked up Frampton. I was disappoint we could not have picked up better trades but it is what it is. Let hope Hamish does his job well. I wonder if we will explore picking up any uncontracted players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, funnily enough, I am! I actually have multiple nicknames within my group of friends based upon how positive and optimistic I generally am...

It's just the bloody Crows that I've become a pessimist about (and I was still telling everybody we'd be top 4 before this season started!) :(
The reality is this trade period was about clearing some deadwood and not overcommitting to contracts as we have done in the past.

We succeeded in that, and whilst we did cop a bit of a reaming for Hugh we got fair value for Keath despite first look, we got overs for CEY, traded Jacobs for Frampton, and got rid of 2 problem contracts in Betts and especially JJ.

The whole universe knew four years on good coin for a 28 year old big lug like JJ was crazy. One of our worst decisions ever.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
He gave us false hope with a pretty good year last year.

I still reckon it's more attitude based than salary. He became a toxic influence.

Jenkins will go alright at Geelong.
Maybe.

I suspect he gets in the way. The point of this wasn't about whether he would go OK, he would probably have done so here..... He just became unnecessary.

How much more damage can justin reid do to this club? Over contracts and over pays players and is absolutely useless in trading players. No wonder other clubs keep coming at our players because they get traded by reid for a packet of chips.

Justin Reid is only the executable instrument of the List Management Committee. He doesn’t make the calls, isolating him is simplistic and only for the true morons. Try thinking instead of lashing out.

Back