• Fail

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fail

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Really bad fail

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Reid is only the executable instrument of the List Management Committee. He doesn’t make the calls, isolating him is simplistic and only for the true morons. Try thinking instead of lashing out.
Thats fine. You've got your opinion and i have my opinion. Personally i dont rate hiim one bit and have no faith in him. Certainly not lashing out as you stated as i have had this opinion of him for a while. Not everyone has to have the same thoughts as you.

Reid's trade last year for Carlton's first was up there with our best trade's, pick 4!!!!

Now the trades:
- CEY free agent and to get third round was a good outcome
- Betts, freed up salary space on a guy that had 12 months left. Would have been nice to get more but expected
- Greenwood, we got hammered but as it was GC he could have been picked up in PSD. Losing him for nothing would have been a disaster
- Keath, we should have got a bit more but pick 45 and next year's pick in late 20's isn't bad
- JJ for pick 37 was a good outcome
- Jacobs for Frampton was good

I for one like the potential of Frampton and FOG bashing defenders up forward. Tex at CHF with McAdam, Stengle and McHenry

Last years was probably worse.

Had a ton of currency, let Port outmanoeuvre us and steal some absolute guns from right under our nose.

Two pathetic years in a row - but what do you expect from a Club with no clear strategy or plan, and a shithouse, lame Duck executive?
Let’s not get too over the top here. We needed a clean out. Everyone (including other clubs) knew this.
We did ok by freeing up cap space, getting some modest picks this year, some points for next year.
Not ideal (no rebuild ever is) but did what we had to do.
Hopefully good kids in the draft and see how we go in 2020.

Let’s not get too over the top here. We needed a clean out. Everyone (including other clubs) knew this.
We did ok by freeing up cap space, getting some modest picks this year, some points for next year.
Not ideal (no rebuild ever is) but did what we had to do.
Hopefully good kids in the draft and see how we go in 2020.

I'm optimistic on balance about where we're going, but there's no point creating cap space if you don't then use it. Get busy, Reid.

If our goal was to clear cap space, it seems to have gone pretty well. Even if we're paying a bit of JJ and Eddie's contracts, we've still probably freed up what, $800k or so of cap space? I don't know what Sauce was on but he was RFA which suggests he was in the top 10% at the club, so let's say that freed up maybe $500k? So that's about $1.3m of salary cap just from those 3 players. Which, coincidentally, is the kind of money they're talking about for Grundy when he becomes a free agent next year. Or, if he stays at Collingwood as I suspect he will, it's a decent pile of cash to chase other targets with (Lukosius?) and lock in our own players like Brouch.

Didn't lose a player under 27 years of age.
Brought in a hungry and aggressive youngish KPP
Going into the 2020 with two players over 30. Three if you count Sloane, birthday in March.
Five picks inside the top 50
Pick trading still live. So that equation can change.
Some extra picks for NGA and FS players next year.

For a rebuilding side it is actually not a bad outcome. Yes we could have done better in the Keath and Greenwood trades. But the real value is in not having these guys contracted into their 30s and the risk they have peaked.

If you expected better value from the guys we lost, yeah you would be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats fine. You've got your opinion and i have my opinion. Personally i dont rate hiim one bit and have no faith in him. Certainly not lashing out as you stated as i have had this opinion of him for a while. Not everyone has to have the same thoughts as you.

Do you really think that Reid makes these calls all on his own when he’s part of a List Management Committee? I get it, our list management blows, but there’s more than one name that is at fault. Blaming Reid gives a pass to others that deserve at least as much blame.

If our goal was to clear cap space, it seems to have gone pretty well. Even if we're paying a bit of JJ and Eddie's contracts, we've still probably freed up what, $800k or so of cap space? I don't know what Sauce was on but he was RFA which suggests he was in the top 10% at the club, so let's say that freed up maybe $500k? So that's about $1.3m of salary cap just from those 3 players. Which, coincidentally, is the kind of money they're talking about for Grundy when he becomes a free agent next year. Or, if he stays at Collingwood as I suspect he will, it's a decent pile of cash to chase other targets with (Lukosius?) and lock in our own players like Brouch.

Exactly, but we still have people not getting this.

The freeing up of the cap allows them to re-jig existing contracts for next year, which creates room for 2021.

Hello Grundy!

Reid's trade last year for Carlton's first was up there with our best trade's, pick 4!!!!

Now the trades:
- CEY free agent and to get third round was a good outcome
- Betts, freed up salary space on a guy that had 12 months left. Would have been nice to get more but expected
- Greenwood, we got hammered but as it was GC he could have been picked up in PSD. Losing him for nothing would have been a disaster
- Keath, we should have got a bit more but pick 45 and next year's pick in late 20's isn't bad
- JJ for pick 37 was a good outcome
- Jacobs for Frampton was good

I for one like the potential of Frampton and FOG bashing defenders up forward. Tex at CHF with McAdam, Stengle and McHenry
We didn’t get JJ for 37, we also gave next years third rounder which was tied to Gold Coast.

That’s the pick we got for Greenwood. So in the end we got a future fourth rounder for Greenwood. ******* hell.

We didn’t get JJ for 37, we also gave next years third rounder which was tied to Gold Coast.

That’s the pick we got for Greenwood. So in the end we got a future fourth rounder for Greenwood. ******* hell.
That is essentially JJ leaving for nothing and moving pick 37 next year based on Suns finishing last and bringing it forward to this year.

Exactly, but we still have people not getting this.

The freeing up of the cap allows them to re-jig existing contracts for next year, which creates room for 2021.

Hello Grundy!

Oh yes. The line is still out on that big fish. We've been angling since Dangerfield and lost players and 'freed up cap space' every year since, but this time, yes this time we're really going to deliver.

Why can't the idiots see that?

I'm have no strong feelings about Reid one way or another but it seems a little unfair to blame him when the context surrounding this fire sale had nothing to do with him. Does our trade period end up looking this way if we hadn't appointed a mediocre GM and sent our players on some experimental camp which destroyed our team's morale?

He's gotta show something soon. I'm still vividly remembering his first year Gibbs stuff up.

Back