Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott McLaughlin has broken the Mount Panorama lap record for the third time in successive days to clinch ARMOR ALL Pole Position for the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

The Shell V-Power Racing star was the last man out in the Top 10 Shootout and it quickly became apparent that a special moment was on the cards.

McLaughlin went fastest in all three sectors to deliver a breathtaking 2:03.3783s to go more than a tenth faster than the benchmark he had set on Friday.

I note that the information conveyed in the above would literally be exactly the same if you left out ARMOR ALL, Supercheap Auto and Shell V-Power Racing.

I note that the information conveyed in the above would literally be exactly the same if you left out ARMOR ALL, Supercheap Auto and Shell V-Power Racing.

In the early 80s there was a footy book came out, a funny one, paperback, just having a laugh at and about footy.

There was a chapter where the author lamented the way advertising was moving into the game and wrote a short skit taking the piss out of advertising by making what seemed like a completely over the top description chock full of advertising, at least by 1982 standards. Of course its tame compared to today's reality but for some reason Gaso and your posts reminded me of it. Sometimes stuff comes up on this board that does. I can't remember the books name but I've still got it somewhere. Here or at mum's. You might have come across it.

Then again when I was a kid I always knew Bathurst/Mt Panarama as the James Hardie or Hardie-Ferodo 1000 even back before that book I just mentioned came out.

it’s lifted straight off the SuperCars App as a reply to Nate

Would never have thought product placement would be an issue when I look all around the borders of BF... I have been reading about the Shapes Flavour Battle for a week now...maybe you ought to direct your angst there or perhaps the WEEKS of Gambling Ad encouragement?

Last edited:

it’s lifted straight off the SuperCars App as a reply to Nate

Would never have thought product placement would be an issue when I look all around the borders of BF... I have been reading about the Shapes Flavour Battle for a week now...maybe you ought to direct your angst there or perhaps the WEEKS of Gambling Ad encouragement?

Angst? It was a joke pointing out the total encroachment of advertising.

Try to take yourself less seriously.

Lads. Brethren. North Melbourne alumni.
I need some advice.

My future mother in law has a duck problem with them infiltrating and leaving droppings in the swimming pool.
Covers aren’t an option and we’ve tried everything else on the net.

Anyone have an idea of what may work or something left field? Getting a dog and shooting them have been ruled out.
I’ve been having the same problem with our pool and ducks. I just got a couple of plastic owls from Bunnings - one a solar powered hooting one - and some of that anti-duck surfactant stuff. Seems to be working so far. So if you’ve tried those I don’t have any other suggestions, apart from maybe getting an inflatable crocodile and having it in there permanently.

I’ve been having the same problem with our pool and ducks. I just got a couple of plastic owls from Bunnings - one a solar powered hooting one - and some of that anti-duck surfactant stuff. Seems to be working so far. So if you’ve tried those I don’t have any other suggestions, apart from maybe getting an inflatable crocodile and having it in there permanently.

For reference see OP

Lads. Brethren. North Melbourne alumni.
I need some advice.

My future mother in law has a duck problem with them infiltrating and leaving droppings in the swimming pool.
Covers aren’t an option and we’ve tried everything else on the net.

Anyone have an idea of what may work or something left field? Getting a dog and shooting them have been ruled out.
Buy her neighbour a pool, make it a nice one with some plants and shade and whatever ducks like.

For reference see OP
I printed that owl pic, laminated it and blue tacked it to a window as some dopey bird was bashing into its reflection for ages. The OP was a brilliant solution, so glad it was posted as it turned one of my grumpy thoughts around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I printed that owl pic, laminated it and blue tacked it to a window as some dopey bird was bashing into its reflection for ages. The OP was a brilliant solution, so glad it was posted as it turned one of my grumpy thoughts around.
My second worthwhile post since March 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back