Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fail

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Really bad fail

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last years was probably worse.

Had a ton of currency, let Port outmanoeuvre us and steal some absolute guns from right under our nose.

Two pathetic years in a row - but what do you expect from a Club with no clear strategy or plan, and a shithouse, lame Duck executive?

So right. Port are running rings around us. We just don't have any position.

Last years was probably worse.

Had a ton of currency, let Port outmanoeuvre us and steal some absolute guns from right under our nose.

Two pathetic years in a row - but what do you expect from a Club with no clear strategy or plan, and a shithouse, lame Duck executive?

I think the strategy is obvious. Do you need it spelt out?

If some of our posters were the list manager and tried to do the trades they are suggesting we should've, we would've ended up with

- uncontracted Greenwood and/or keath going to GC in the pre season draft, for nothing
- expensive discontented fringe players betts and Jenkins on our list
- uncontracted Jacobs going to GWS in the draft or PS draft, for nothing
-uncontracted CEY going to Brisbane in the draft or PSD.

There was very little leverage, or desire to keep any of these players.

Reid's trade last year for Carlton's first was up there with our best trade's, pick 4!!!!

Now the trades:
- CEY free agent and to get third round was a good outcome
- Betts, freed up salary space on a guy that had 12 months left. Would have been nice to get more but expected
- Greenwood, we got hammered but as it was GC he could have been picked up in PSD. Losing him for nothing would have been a disaster
- Keath, we should have got a bit more but pick 45 and next year's pick in late 20's isn't bad
- JJ for pick 37 was a good outcome
- Jacobs for Frampton was good

I for one like the potential of Frampton and FOG bashing defenders up forward. Tex at CHF with McAdam, Stengle and McHenry

It wasn’t JJ for pick 37

We got nothing for him, and paid half his salary

Your hero officially has negative value

Someone once told me that "you don't paying a sex worker to sleep with you, you're paying them to leave right afterwards".

Same with Eddie and JJ. We're not paying them to play for the opposition next year, we're paying them to leave the club when now we're done with them. They'd still be on our books, playing SANFL and getting paid their full salary otherwise. It's not a bad thing.

Oh I'm sure Port are pumped about decimating their own KP stocks unintentionally. They're not in a better position than us, they're on our level - and they're still sticking by a coach who won't get them anywhere.
I'd love to see Nicks thrive for 2 reasons. 1 it will mean we are doing well, and 2, cos Port supporters will despise Ken even more knowing that Nicks was 2IC at Port and they achieved nothing, so he clearly wasn't the problem and is just another missed opportunity.

It's why players do medicals at clubs

Oh come on. Our plan was to let it heal without surgical intervention, which from all reports was working. If the Dogs want a different approach on our dime, then have something signed before taking their approach. ******* amateur hour.

JJ didn’t leave for nothing, it cost us half his salary and we still got nothing.

It's almost like these people completely forget that our football department signed these ******* spuds to these contracts that we have to pay a part of even when they don't play for us.

The trade period wasn't the problem. The two years leading up to it was. Everyone knew the crow was dead on the side of the road and they could just pick the bones off the carcass. Not much Reid could do about that.

But we didn't lose anyone we didn't want to and we've cleared most of the dead wood in one fell swoop.

We're going to be pretty bad for a couple of years so don't fret - more picks at the pointy end will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh come on. Our plan was to let it heal without surgical intervention, which from all reports was working. If the Dogs want a different approach on our dime, then have something signed before taking their approach. ******* amateur hour.
That's not how it works

We chose to use him to his weaknesses, I suspect Geelong will use him to his strengths and he'll do well.
How ?? He averaged 40 goals a year in his time here, I don't know anyone who will get more out of him than we would've, not at 31.

Do you not see the contradiction in terms in wanking on about cap space, whilst declaring that we shouldnt be concerned with having good players (or presumably with getting value for them when we lose them) because of a rebuild?

What the frig is that unspent cap space going to be doing for us exactly?

Has Grundy signed up yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least the Blues have categorically come away with the worst trade period. Disaster for them. They also think they’ll somehow land Martin the PSD or AFL draft itself. Would love to get that Pick 4 to turn into two mid 1st rounders for Gould and someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why has their trade period been so bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im happy. with each disaster and each meek performance, it makes it easier and easier to extract this club from your life.i have zero expectations now.

btw ST you're clearly one of the 1% that Roo was talking abour. just stfu and let them do their job. " you're tearing this club apart"

This gets boring quick, you'd be a delight at parties.
hes so negative isnt he.. its not all doom and gloom. all we did was blow yet another rare premiership window with our incompeyence and shitty cultire.

now enough of this negativity. pass the Kool Aid Baghwan.

Mate, funnily enough, I am! I actually have multiple nicknames within my group of friends based upon how positive and optimistic I generally am...

It's just the bloody Crows that I've become a pessimist about (and I was still telling everybody we'd be top 4 before this season started!) :(
Sure they're not ironic nicknames?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If some of our posters were the list manager and tried to do the trades they are suggesting we should've, we would've ended up with

- uncontracted Greenwood and/or keath going to GC in the pre season draft, for nothing
- expensive discontented fringe players betts and Jenkins on our list
- uncontracted Jacobs going to GWS in the draft or PS draft, for nothing
-uncontracted CEY going to Brisbane in the draft or PSD.

There was very little leverage, or desire to keep any of these players.
This is my take. None of these players were being headhunted until it was obvious we were happy to move them on. Not a strong bargaining position...

This is my take. None of these players were being headhunted until it was obvious we were happy to move them on. Not a strong bargaining position...

Factors such as: Not wanted, Age, Injury History, Salary, Contract Position.

Basically all our trades these factors worked against us getting any real value. We did well enough to get the 6 players off our list with anything in return.

Back