Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAbroad

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Another great update guys

Just on Dan's view of Grundy, great player, but no elite ruckman has been part of a flag in the last decade, so wouldn't be going overboard on trying to secure him

Doubt Pies would entertain the prospect of trading him

Yeah 100%

The reaction has been sensitive about this one. It was more a talk about what Collingwood would want for Grundy if we actually made the call.

Highly unlikely, almost impossible to happen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
Beautifully written and educated, first-hand view of Eddie's journey and recruitment + what he'll bring back to us from 2020.
All by his good mate and our first 200-game indigenous player.

That is a brilliant article.

The Ian PrenderCast

Senior List
Jun 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
We came together last night for a chat all things AFL Trade period, including the Daniher deal and how that affected our pursuit of Papley, the Martin situation, fallout and angst from our own wheelings and dealings, new acquisitions and more. Throw us a listen via the links in our signature.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

on SEN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting when he was asked about Harley Bennell he avoided the question the first time around then and started talking about players being delisted for some reason then when pushed he said we haven't talked about it but we might in the next week or 2.

Knowing how blunt SOS usually is if we really weren't into Harley he'd have just said no, so his waffling tells me there's at least some interest.

Hands On

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting when he was asked about Harley Bennell he avoided the question the first time around then and started talking about players being delisted for some reason then when pushed he said we haven't talked about it but we might in the next week or 2.

Knowing how blunt SOS usually is if we really weren't into Harley he'd have just said no, so his waffling tells me there's at least some interest.
:think: I think you may be onto something here. I read it the same. No need to show consideration and have the media ll over it daily leading to other clubs starting to think about it. IF he is not suited no one will know any better and Bennell does not need to be tarnished with the rejected by Carlton tag.

This is another the low risk high gain scenario. Sooner or later one will pa off

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
:think: I think you may be onto something here. I read it the same. No need to show consideration and have the media ll over it daily leading to other clubs starting to think about it. IF he is not suited no one will know any better and Bennell does not need to be tarnished with the rejected by Carlton tag.

This is another the low risk high gain scenario. Sooner or later one will pa off
Interesting, I heard it completely the opposite, pretty much ruling it out but leaving a small amount of wiggle room just in case.

I would be surprised if we take Bennell after those comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back