• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is zero chance Nature Strip finishes in the top 3. How much evidence do you need this it's a pea heart over 1200? It's weak as piss.
i wouldnt be so sure. He has the ability to beat all of these. I am not backing him but he will go in the quad and if he gets to ridiculous odds (which i doubt) i might have a few bucks on him

I guess ideally you would hope the second best horse had run a placing, any placing at Group level, any Group level over 1200m

Pssst - the horse he has equal fave doesn't even meet that criteria!

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you want to back a horse that looked dead with 300m to go against B/C graders in an Everest? The fastest 1000m horse in the world only just beat home Miss fecking Leonidas - and she couldn't even run down that! I think I'll let her go around without me.
remember how lord of the cats (his twin) almost beat Chataqua in a TJ smith? he is better than LOTC,

the egg

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So you want to back a horse that looked dead with 300m to go against B/C graders in an Everest? The fastest 1000m horse in the world only just beat home Miss fecking Leonidas - and she couldn't even run down that! I think I'll let her go around without me.

Nature Strip is an A+ 1000m horse champ. B/C graders your words not mine. Go back and read my post properly if you can read. Sunlight way better over 1200. Even SAL would get destroyed by NS over 1000m.

the egg

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Everest thoughts.

Overview: Very very very even field. going through main form reference with multiple competitors show very tight compact finishes with a blanket covering them. Luck track and bias will affect result heavily on the back of this. Who aren’t the horses that follow this pattern? AQ, NS and SAL (to a lesser extent TS) they require a bit of predicting the up and downs.

SAL - Best horse. Bounces around a bit but happy to say he will perform here. map a big neg. Would prefer him on a S5 with a nice even track worried they just go too fast for him here from the turn
Pierata - King of the turn takers. (in a positive way) G1 horse in the best form and consistency of the mid rangers. Is the benchmark horse, or a type i call a marker in assessing form where you can visually assess performance on margins before even looking at time. consistent type and unlikely to fluctuate highly when in form. neg is map and something just being better than him.
Redzel - A previous marker horse who is probably a consistent 0.5-1L inferior to Pierata for a while now. Would need some map and bias assist but is the type of horse that gets that.
NS - Probably at his best the second best horse, well discussed horse for mine he is starting to get over the hill so we won't see his best again and that's the only reason i won't say he's a fringe single figure chance. Map a neg, not as high as some will say if he drew a gate this would be his best preparation for running and winning a big G1 1200m race.
Trekking - Needs too many to go poorly and doesn't map to take advantage if they do. needs a spike (unlikely at start 23)
CL - Confident he will be around a redzel in time. Makes the grade of mid rangers we have an abundance of racing here. Fair first up, poor second up has slight chance spike here on the back of a strong firming on the exchange first up against most logic. Was strong in market last time but more were keen to take him on which to me says disappointing first up and poorer second up and that's a negative SP trend for a hype horse which is not where you want to start investing.
TS - Been a fan for a while. The dry is the obvious factor but he was off the map that day he bolted in. Personally i don't like him 3w around a bend probably punching the breeze. These coolmore sprinters have had a terrible run of late in Aus. I think his best is around Pierata or slightly above and i'd much rather be on the Australians who are much more likely to perform at that level.
Alizee - The next of the Redzels this time a flashy mare version. Likely too far back. Best chance would be on TS backside on a sit sprint where she has a punchy enough sprint if not run at a heavy tempo to account for the front runners without the good horses getting involved. Not a fan as have explained previous is somewhat overrated. Finds one (or many) better.
Sunlight - Lucky to string some wins together in some weak years, another that will rely on map to win here. Will get out muscled on a genuine fair track, consistently inferior to most here.
IHT - Whys she first up? 7yo mare, likely on the down, map a big neg unless she's fresh enough to hold a position. I struggle with where to place her at 7yo on ability but just not keen on the profile at all.
AQ -
Toughest horse to price, I originally thought FU was only fair but have been more impressed as time has gone on. I think they will be positive and may even get run of race. Will want the tempo on and strung out field, I like the prep even if she is coming back in distance the weeks between runs 2nd up really suits. Realistically would have won 2-3 WFA G1's in Melbourne and returning as a 4yo mare i'm hard pressed to say she won't improve up to a Cox Plate level (which is much much stronger than this rendition of the everest). I just like the way she finishes races
YYY - Spring 3yo's and you know what they say, if all else fails a 3yo will win. Comes with average-below average Golden Rose form but much prefer him back over this 1200m thought he was good fighting Bivouac and the return to 1200 is not a concern for me. What he does bring is the fact these sprinters are below average-poor and 3yo's winning races are generally a sign of lack of depth at top end which is what he gets. Worry is the map bit of no-man land factor.
Brutal - See Alizee

It's obvious you don't know much. IHT has won 5 times first up. Run along and put your $5 on at Kinder Gym.

Nature Strip is an A+ 1000m horse champ. B/C graders your words not mine. Go back and read my post properly if you can read. Sunlight way better over 1200. Even SAL would get destroyed by NS over 1000m.

An A+ 1000m horse would have more than a marginal G1 win over Miss Leonidas on its resume 'champ'

How bout the 1100 G1 win over pierata and redzel champ?

What does that have to do with his 1000m performance? You realise Pierata was the weights adjusted winner of that race right?

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
DA604FB3-AD63-456B-9F9B-A9D2D9B69868.gif

Me right now

the egg

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Haha. I can't be bothered with the arguing. Simply stated my first post in regards to the market given by bookmakers out there for Sunlight. There are a lot of gun horses in this field. It's going to be awesome. Personally I think Sunlight is still on the way up and tough as hell. I took $11 for her in the newmarket which is why i have a personal liking to her and she's way overs again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dafuq is this guy?
Will soon learn arguing with iluvadolf I mean iluvparis 😉
Is a wasted exercise

We are not arguing - I am just trying to clarify Mr Egg's thought process and present some viable reasons why Sunlight might be the price she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back