Review 2020 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve seen both play quite a bit let’s see how they play next year , there is two absolute guns you are all forgetting Bruhn from VC and Baldwin from SA my mail is both def top 10 if not higher both injured this year with Bruhn playing late in year only his two games for falcons for someone that didn’t play all year was outstanding , McRae another very good mid , Phillips very good but doesn’t have X factor
Disagree with Phillips not having X-factor. I've seen him take impressive high marks and kick goals on the run with his opposite foot. I'd say however, at times, he is too timid and is more willing to pass it off to someone else and let them take the game on which I find unusual as he is a good ball-user.

I’ve seen both play quite a bit let’s see how they play next year , there is two absolute guns you are all forgetting Bruhn from VC and Baldwin from SA my mail is both def top 10 if not higher both injured this year with Bruhn playing late in year only his two games for falcons for someone that didn’t play all year was outstanding , McRae another very good mid , Phillips very good but doesn’t have X factor
Not every player needs to have x-factor. What he does have is an elite contested game, elite defensive work and has elite agility.

Baldwin is the best key forward available I believe.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Baldwin is the best key forward available I believe.

Yep totally agree , Jamarra is very good and will be a good player down the track Baldwin is a genuine competitor all going well next year for him and Bruhn and they will be right up there
Not every player needs to have x-factor. What he does have is an elite contested game, elite defensive work and has elite agility.
Disagree that you don’t have to have an X factor I’ve had many conversations with recruiters and that word comes up in just about every conversation, you watch Cody weightman go higher than he is predicted in this years draft .

Yep totally agree , Jamarra is very good and will be a good player down the track Baldwin is a genuine competitor all going well next year for him and Bruhn and they will be right up there

Disagree that you don’t have to have an X factor I’ve had many conversations with recruiters and that word comes up in just about every conversation, you watch Cody weightman go higher than he is predicted in this years draft .
I also think McDonald is up there with those two now pushing 195cm.

Im not saying x-factor isnt important, it is. Just some players dont an need x-factor they are just really good footballers. A few that went top 10 recently andy brayshaw, clayton oliver. I think phillips falls into that category.

Bruce0912 Are you able to give me any info on Kaine Baldwin? I can’t find any of his stats from this year online. How big is he? And how bad was his injury that had him miss the u/17 all stars game?

Bruce0912 Are you able to give me any info on Kaine Baldwin? I can’t find any of his stats from this year online. How big is he? And how bad was his injury that had him miss the u/17 all stars game?
He is a key forward around 192 strong and quick off the mark he had a knee injury not sure if it was full ACL both he and Tanner Bruhn had knee injuries that kept them out of the Australian under 17 game those two dominated the under 16 national champs

If they are part of the AFL hubs they are working on they're X factors. They identify they're weapons and work on they're X factors because they need one unless the y are an out and out star

Where do you guys rank Jackson Callow from Tasmania? He’s another KPF with potential to go first round
Callow definitely a first round chance like a lot of the 2020 draft next year is the key they have all shown potential and there are quite a few really good top enders with a few academy and father sons which wil
If they are part of the AFL hubs they are working on they're X factors. They identify they're weapons and work on they're X factors because they need one unless the y are an out and out star

None of these boys are elite they all have great potential and some have a greater appetite for the contest and have great attitudes than others don’t get me wrong Phillips can play and he has leadership that others don’t and he will get drafted but I believe others will go ahead of him

Working on your point of difference/ your weapons is different to watching a kid and saying he has x-factor. All AFL players have some point of difference/ weapons thats why they made it to the level, not all AFL players have x-factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a key forward around 192 strong and quick off the mark he had a knee injury not sure if it was full ACL both he and Tanner Bruhn had knee injuries that kept them out of the Australian under 17 game those two dominated the under 16 national champs

Did his ACL Round 1 Glenelg reserves - Would have played league with Glenelg if not for injury
194/195 cm, 90 kg plus
Kicks and handballs both left and right with accuracy
Massive aerial contested mark and splits packs.
Captain SA U16 team and All Australian CHF
Plays midfield/centre for school
Around 7 minutes for 2 k TT.
X factor - Big bodied midfielder/Intercepting defender
Just appointed school captain for Westminster School

Watchfromadistance
If Baldwin is better than Marra than he must be bloody good. This were the stats Marra put up as a bottom ager. Very similar to how dominant Max King was at a bottom ager.

There’s a lot of top end talent in next years Draft

9ACE6972-3C67-496F-BC00-6EAB9394630B.jpeg

Callow definitely a first round chance like a lot of the 2020 draft next year is the key they have all shown potential and there are quite a few really good top enders with a few academy and father sons which wil
X factor, point of difference, plan B - whatever term you want to use- it is all about finding another positive which sets you apart from the hundreds of other midfielders and KPP's out there looking to get drafted. Its standard with the hubs/academies so I assume they know what they are talking about

X factor, point of difference, plan B - whatever term you want to use- it is all about finding another positive which sets you apart from the hundreds of other midfielders and KPP's out there looking to get drafted. Its standard with the hubs/academies so I assume they know what they are talking about
It’s all about opinions which is great and your right they do it well with the academies and the hubs lets hope all the kids we are discussing get drafted as the end of the day it really doesn’t matter what number they are taken as some clubs take needs which sees some kids go higher and some lower

Seems like next years draft has a lot more KPP’s then this years draft is this the case?

Anyone know much about a WA boy Zane trew played state 16s last year and was AA, have not heard much about him since. Is he a chance for 2020 draft?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watchfromadistance
If Baldwin is better than Marra than he must be bloody good. This were the stats Marra put up as a bottom ager. Very similar to how dominant Max King was at a bottom ager.

There’s a lot of top end talent in next years Draft
I love Ugle-hagan and i reckon he is going to be an amazing player once he gets into the AFL. I think it would be interesting to see how he would perform in a team that wasn't spoilt with so many elite midfields lacing him out ( say if he was playing at gwv rebels or western jets).

I love Ugle-hagan and i reckon he is going to be an amazing player once he gets into the AFL. I think it would be interesting to see how he would perform in a team that wasn't spoilt with so many elite midfields lacing him out ( say if he was playing at gwv rebels or western jets).
He definitely wouldn’t be kicking that many goals if he were at the jets or rebels. That’s for sure.
He has amazing attributes. Good long kick for goal. Great agility, leaping ability and hands. And is really fast off the mark. Also heaps of fun watching him fly for hangers. These were 3 of his best from the year.
448B0B28-3AE4-45ED-AF08-016C92E67CDA.jpeg BA80F97F-3F62-49FD-824F-D0D6449DF154.jpeg D1D727D1-A399-40A8-881B-D7ECDD256CE2.jpeg

Seems like next years draft has a lot more KPP’s then this years draft is this the case?

Anyone know much about a WA boy Zane trew played state 16s last year and was AA, have not heard much about him since. Is he a chance for 2020 draft?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He is a jet inside mid. Strong, fast and gathers ball at will. Season cut short early due to shoulder surgery. Watch him explode next year. Very good decision maker and team oriented player

my prediction of the top 30 for 2020 AFL Draft, no order:

Bruhn (Geel)
Durdin (SA)
O'Driscoll (WA)
Carroll (WA)
Gulden (Syd A)
Davies (GCS A)
Western (WA) Frem NGA
Ford (West)
Phillips (Oak)
Thilthorpe (SA)
Hollands (Murr)
Davis (TAS)
Collins (TAS)
Edwards (SA) Adel F/S
Ugle-Hagan (Oak) WB NGA
Crozier (Bris A)
McInness (Oak) Coll NGA
N.Stevens (GWV) WB NGA
McDonald (WA)
Grainger-Barrass (WA)
Downie (East) Haw NGA
Campbell (Syd A)
Lazzaro (Geel)
Ginnivan (Bend)
Clarke (East)
Macrae (Oak)
Callow (TAS)
Bowey (Sand)
Perkins (Sand)
Schofield (SA) Port F/S

just outside the top group: Gay, Henry, Baldwin, Cox

Last edited:
Is there a standout for no.1 at this point? If so, who? If not, who are those that will be around the mark? Hearing lots of good things about that Ugle-Hagan kid tied to the dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back