Prediction Season 2020 - Is this the season we finally get to have a Big Crank?

Will Season 2020 justify a Big Crank this time next year?

• Yes, the Big Crank is on baybeeeeee

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No, I'm Captain Bringdown and am still dirty they changed Pippas on Home and Away

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Maybe, I'm a lurking Essendon flog

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Its all Laura Kane's fault

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we will win the flag in 2020, but I do reckon we'll see significant and sustained improvement across a cohort of highly talented players in key areas we've been deficient in.

Enough to justify a Big Crank and the genuine belief that we will be a serious force from 2021 on.

LDU, Bailey Scott, Tarryn Thomas, Cameron Zurhaar, Paul Ahern, Nick Larkey - all these blokes have the potential to take their game to a new level.

Then there's the likes of Walker, Bonar and Curtis Taylor.

So who is with me in looking forward to a Big Crank over season 2020?

As me dear old departed Mum would say..."As long as we are there when the whips are cracking".
Next year is my 60th year of living and breathing North. I think we are as much a chance as we were in 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 96, 98 or 99. I'm looking forward to it.💙

I love that phrase - when the whips are cracking

I think it will be fun. Teams that have turned their culture into footy being fun again (Richmond, Collingwood, West Coast) have done well. Just hope we do the same.

Yeah, that Rhyce is so big on stories and chapters is very interesting.

I think it will be fun. Teams that have turned their culture into footy being fun again (Richmond, Collingwood, West Coast) have done well. Just hope we do the same.

And remember how Brad was soooo professional, all ELITE ATHLETE LIFESTYLES and that, well, we needed that for sure in 2008 when we were a shambles coming off a culture where the coach bumped into his most talented player in the hallway and they had their best chat in years.

But as you say, the succesful sides now make it fun. We need to learn from that and take the thinking to the next level.

How its fun to hurt them. We have fun destroying teams.

If Shaw maximizes our strengths, and adequately protects against our weaknesses, we're not far off.

The weaknesses being defending turnovers, stoppage defence and ball use within 80m of goal.

The effort in the games against Richmond/Collingwood/Hawthorn needs to be replicated 16 times next year.

If Shaw maximizes our strengths, and adequately protects against our weaknesses, we're not far off.

The weaknesses being defending turnovers, stoppage defence and ball use within 80m of goal.

The effort in the games against Richmond/Collingwood/Hawthorn needs to be replicated 16 times next year.

Given how often he says he's a defence first coach, I reckon these will be a key focus.

I'm stocking up on this gear...
1a978bba3bc4745984b63e471de512c8.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And remember how Brad was soooo professional, all ELITE ATHLETE LIFESTYLES and that, well, we needed that for sure in 2008 when we were a shambles coming off a culture where the coach bumped into his most talented player in the hallway and they had their best chat in years.

But as you say, the succesful sides now make it fun. We need to learn from that and take the thinking to the next level.

How its fun to hurt them. We have fun destroying teams.
More fun than Paper Rock Scissors? Impossible.

Not having a s*** start might help.

Correct me if I’m wrong but we never won a game after a bye under Brad

Shaw comes in and after the bye we looked switched on and fresh. We not only won the game but we absolutely demolished the pies

That is something Brad could never do. Only won one round 1 against the crows years back (I was there lol)

I am confident it will be different

I think we will have massive highs and low lows again next year, a 9th to 13th finish again. BUT, i think that the effort and drive will be greatly improved, its just going to take time for the coaches to gel and the players to get used to whatever new gameplan they come up with. 2021 to 22 .... depending on the draft and trades ....... look out.

I expect us to play finals.

The draw, scheduling & luck will all play a major part after that.

The same applies to every team as there is no stand out side.

I expect us to play finals.

The draw, scheduling & luck will all play a major part after that.

The same applies to every team as there is no stand out side.

Agree there. Unless we are cruelled by injury, September is the pass mark.

WE should play finals.

We could finish anywhere in the bottom 6 of the top 8 imo. Places 3 - 6 most likely.

After finals who knows. Top 4, hopefully top 1.:cool:

Shaw's coaching record would have had us at 5 or 6 on the ladder extrapolated over the whole season. Surely we get at least one or two of Maj, Jacobs, EVW WW, Bailey Scott, Kyron Hayden, Tyson and Hall fit for the year so that's an immediate improvement even just in terms of depth and pressure for spots. One more year of the JPs playing in the side, Larkey and Zurhaar a year older. A full pre season of skill coaching.

Losing Hunter will hurt, but you'd hope "a defensive coach" would be up for that challenge - otherwise we aren't losing alot.

Back