Remove this Banner Ad

Alyx

Unbelievably Disconnected
Feb 17, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Introduction

I thought We Were Port Adelaide could do with its own dedicated thread. Most of you already understand the purpose of this account, but I will update this post with a proper introduction at a later date.

Content

Researching and creating content for We Were Port Adelaide can be time consuming, so I invite you to contribute your own facts, statistics, and quotes below. I can't guarantee that every contribution will feature on the account, but they will be very helpful.

Quotes

Many of you have privately communicated your concerns over the years - by email, phone, or social media - but believe the club hasn't listened to you or simply doesn't care. This is your opportunity to have them noticed, and to show that We Were Port Adelaide represents more than one disgruntled supporter, by having them turned into a graphic and shared through We Were Port Adelaide.

If you do not feel comfortable contributing your story publicly in this thread, you are welcome to private message me. To ensure they are not dismissed, I will require - at minimum - a first name and a surname initial for which to attribute them.

Support

You can support We Were Port Adelaide by following on Facebook and Twitter, inviting your friends and family to follow, and sharing posts.

Last edited:

PS for the love of god can you please do something about your spelling and grammar?

Best way to do that is for him to just leave this board and never post again. Worst poster ever and adds absolutely nothing of any value.

Surely Cripps' quote that "enternal people, including supporters and members'gets a run.

It could be combined with facts about traditions lost and member powers lost.

I.e. prison bars, #1, after match access to players and officials, access to financials, voting rights, juniors, recruiting zones, SANFL distributions, SANFL voting rights etc. etc.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could I please request a source for this quote, so I can share it word for word?

Port Adelaide hits out at ‘external’ criticism over trades, happy to go to the draft

Port Adelaide list manager Jason Cripps has hit out at “external’’ criticism over trades and says the Power is happy to go to the draft for the club’s long-term gain as Sam Gray’s AFL future is clouded.

Andrew Capel, The Advertiser

October 16, 2019 7:58pm

... (Kane) Cornes slammed Port’s decision to offload the contracted Howard “in his absolute prime’’, saying it had “absolutely botched this and been stitched up’’, declaring the 23-year-old could be a future All-Australian.
But Cripps hit back, saying the Power had plenty of tall players and wanted to access a second first round draft selection to continue to build its list.
“We wanted a first-round pick for Dougal, which we were able to get,’’ he said.
“We decided as a club that if we could get a first rounder for Dougal in terms of someone who potentially wasn’t in our best 22 going forward — we think we’ve got a lot of talls on our list who can play at either end — then we were happy to take it into a draft that’s pretty even.
External people, including our supporters and members, don’t have all the information that we do.
“We need to be aggressive with some of the decisions we make and we are backing that in, that we are making the best decisions for the club long term.’’

Port Adelaide hits out at ‘external’ criticism over trades, happy to go to the draft

Port Adelaide list manager Jason Cripps has hit out at “external’’ criticism over trades and says the Power is happy to go to the draft for the club’s long-term gain as Sam Gray’s AFL future is clouded.

... (Kane) Cornes slammed Port’s decision to offload the contracted Howard “in his absolute prime’’, saying it had “absolutely botched this and been stitched up’’, declaring the 23-year-old could be a future All-Australian.
But Cripps hit back, saying the Power had plenty of tall players and wanted to access a second first round draft selection to continue to build its list.
“We decided as a club that if we could get a first rounder for Dougal in terms of someone who potentially wasn’t in our best 22 going forward — we think we’ve got a lot of talls on our list who can play at either end — then we were happy to take it into a draft that’s pretty even.
External people, including our supporters and members, don’t have all the information that we do.
“We need to be aggressive with some of the decisions we make and we are backing that in, that we are making the best decisions for the club long term.’’

Noted Cripps said, quote, "We as a Club" unquote.

Precisely, who are the 'we' Mr Cripps?

Certainly it's possible to guess but it would be nice to know as it shouldn't be a secret.

Noted Cripps said, quote, "We as a Club" unquote.

Precisely, who are the 'we' Mr Cripps?

Certainly it's possible to guess but it would be nice to know as it shouldn't be a secret.
‘We ... as a Club’ obviously excludes the ‘external’ masses such as ‘supporters and members’ as Cripps calls us.

Hinkley at the B&F called us ‘members and fans’ then went on to point out that he was ‘still standing’ and that he didn’t care, presumably about anything except the fact he was still standing.

Hinkley also said he had been ‘Last Man Standing’ when coming to the Club as Senior Coach (minus fronting a selection panel at any stage). He was wrong. Others such as Rowe called him Last Man Standing, which Hinkley shot down by calling himself Right Man Standing.

In his B&F presentation in an act of accidental honesty he at no stage called himself Right Man Standing.

Last edited:

Wow.

So when do you shut your Facebook, Twitter, and forum thread down? Is it after you've had the coach sacked? Or would you also like the CEO and Chairman sacked? And then what if they don't replace them with people you're happy with do you just keep your page going and keep making memes and bagging list choices and draft picks? And how much money exactly would you like the club to lose in lost memberships? And how much time wasted on spreading your misery? Just interested at what point this all stops and you get back to supporting your club? Genuine question. I can't see how this ends well for anyone.

So when do you shut your Facebook, Twitter, and forum thread down? Is it after you've had the coach sacked? Or would you also like the CEO and Chairman sacked? And then what if they don't replace them with people you're happy with do you just keep your page going and keep making memes and bagging list choices and draft picks? And how much money exactly would you like the club to lose in lost memberships? And how much time wasted on spreading your misery? Just interested at what point this all stops and you get back to supporting your club? Genuine question. I can't see how this ends well for anyone.
dissonant user name to content ratio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back