List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If he and the Blues are really keen, he could put a big price on his head and then readjust it to a longer contract with the money more spread out after being drafted. That was the rumour about us and Ball. But I don't know if that's actually within the rules or not?

I vaguely recall that the same rules apply as for restricted free agents like Buddy (the wrongly called Buddy Rule which was already in place before the buddy trade). The nominated dollars go to the cap regardless of if paid or when paid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he and the Blues are really keen, he could put a big price on his head and then readjust it to a longer contract with the money more spread out after being drafted. That was the rumour about us and Ball. But I don't know if that's actually within the rules or not?
I don’t think it is, once you nominate a price, that is it, they have to pay it.
Cannot l believe be renegotiate afterwards.

I vaguely recall that the same rules apply as for restricted free agents like Buddy (the wrongly called Buddy Rule which was already in place before the buddy trade). The nominated dollars go to the cap regardless of if paid or when paid.

Does that mean that you could do it if you had cap space over the next two years?

If you did pick up a player and then changed their contract to spread pay over four years would you get double hit in the cap? Eg hit once for the draft nomination price in the first 2, then hit again for what you actually pay them in years 3 and 4?

I don’t think it is, once you nominate a price, that is it, they have to pay it.
Cannot l believe be renegotiate afterwards.

The nominated dollars don’t have to be paid (say if a player was delisted after a contract breach or if they retired before the end of the contract) but they have to count towards TPP.

Does that mean that you could do it if you had cap space over the next two years?

If you did pick up a player and then changed their contract to spread pay over four years would you get double hit in the cap? Eg hit once for the draft nomination price in the first 2, then hit again for what you actually pay them in years 3 and 4?

Nope. They count towards TPP as nominated (and contracted). If they did spread the payments over a longer term, the club wouldn’t get a double hit, but the player should get a new manager!

The nominated dollars don’t have to be paid (say if a player was delisted after a contract breach or if they retired before the end of the contract) but they have to count towards TPP.

Ok, l could be wrong, but l am sure l read it, even to the Luke ball situation, once a price is set they cannot alter it, other wise all clubs would do it.
Ok read above, that what l was trying to say, but not very well

Ok, l could be wrong, but l am sure l read it, even to the Luke ball situation, once a price is set they cannot alter it, other wise all clubs would do it.
Ok read above, that what l was trying to say, but not very well

If the same rules apply as for rfas, the dollars don’t necessarily have to be paid. There are very limited circumstances when it might occur but say if a player just retired you wouldn’t have to pay him. But the TPP woukd still be hit.

Cox is the best.

Whereas Vagina...I would do anything for the club but I wont do that. No no I wont do that.
Meatloaf.

Been singing off key off everything since 2011.

Snoop Dog Pie 4 Life Knightmare

Folks whilst strictly not this season it now appears a fait accompli that Reef McInnes will be Collingwood bound end of 2020.

Where do you think he’ll be bid on and where do you see him in the scheme of things?

Mid?
Forward?
Elsewhere?

And who else next year do we have dibs on that looks a serious prospect?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be looking to do a deal with GWS for Pick 6.

A bid will come for their academy player Tom Green before 6.

Would take Lachlan Ash if he is available.
Line breaking speed please.
GWS are looking to trade up higher so they can take a first round kid + Green this year.

I am not sure they will need to? They also get a 20% discount because he is an academy kid, so their pick 6 (1,751 points) would be able to match a pick 4 (2,034) less 20% = 1627, but would go slightly into deficit if he was picked at 3 (2234-20% = 1,787). This 36 point deficit would go against their 2020 first rounder, which might not have any effect given the spread of points in round 1. At least I think that is how it works!

Hope Green turns out to be a champ - just so Tigers supporters get to complain that the grandson of their greatest ruckman doesn't play for them.
I’m sure they’ll console themselves when they get priority access to Maurice Rioli jr next year..

I just had a look at the draft order (refer below) and it seems Carlton does not have a second round pick.

Although I think he is a bit flaky he is the type of player our team needs...…….….thoughts on picking up Jack Martin at 35?

We can’t afford his salary.

Snoop Dog Pie 4 Life Knightmare

Folks whilst strictly not this season it now appears a fait accompli that Reef McInnes will be Collingwood bound end of 2020.

Where do you think he’ll be bid on and where do you see him in the scheme of things?

Mid?
Forward?
Elsewhere?

And who else next year do we have dibs on that looks a serious prospect?

Reef is best suited as a mid who rests forward. Looks like a first rounder. 5-15 on my board currently for an early feel.

Nicholas Daicos is 2021 and that other player for the future connected with the Pies to watch and be aware of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back