• Fail

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Fail

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Really bad fail

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

JJ didn’t leave for nothing, it cost us half his salary and we still got nothing.

We have been B grade Amatuer Hour with contracts/signings. And Burton was only a bees dick away from being ELITE ! GMABreak.

But thankfully we rushed Mackay through before the other clubs could get to him this trade period. People are quick to poo poo The lack of plan by P A but I struggle to see any solid go ahead plan by the AFC. Sheesh.

And only one of a possible 17 suitors, at the eleventh hour.

Yep. if we had a two for one deal all expenses paid free postage half salary paid the results would be the same. We are paying other Cubs to take players we can't properly manage.

Look at all the trades other than Hill, the team the player is leaving tends to get reamed, Players have all the say and you just get out of it what you can. At least we shed $$$'s and can start the rebuild now

Kelly?

If some of our posters were the list manager and tried to do the trades they are suggesting we should've, we would've ended up with

- uncontracted Greenwood and/or keath going to GC in the pre season draft, for nothing
- expensive discontented fringe players betts and Jenkins on our list
- uncontracted Jacobs going to GWS in the draft or PS draft, for nothing
-uncontracted CEY going to Brisbane in the draft or PSD.

There was very little leverage, or desire to keep any of these players.
It is easy to be critical when you are not accountable to the consequences.......

Ideal world we.get what we want in every trade. The reality is every player that left us was unwanted by us. Which makes it hard to negotiate when you start the negotiation.

With Eddie and JJ we were basically selling clapped out Hyandais and got better than scrap value.

Could argue we could have got more for Keath and Greenwood, but again the other club had the upper hand given we did not really want them and knew that.

I expect had we been trading out B Crouch we would have got a Brad Bill type deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

with cey and greenwood gone atkins will have to fake on more of the bullocking work. can i also suggest Maclay spenfs the summer in the weights room.

It was irrelevant what we did this year anyway. The last 2 years was oir time to trade aggressively and we failed miserably.

Paying Jenkins half as much to play elsewhere is infinitely better than paying him his full contract to sook in the SANFL.

Now, we shouldn't have given him that contract in the first place, but we can't change the past and so given the situation it's a good outcome.

This is odd. 'Sure, the outcome is objectively terrible, but because its a compound of our previous massive screw ups we should say job well done'.

How does that work? Yes, I burned the house down, but I did grab a photo album on my way out. Hero.

This is odd. 'Sure, the outcome is objectively terrible, but because its a compound of our previous massive screw ups we should say job well done'.

How does that work? Yes, I burned the house down, but I did grab a photo album on my way out. Hero.
Better than just watching it burn.

Hiring Burton in the first place was a terrible decision, but sacking him now is better than keeping him on.

Past mistakes happened and shouldn't be forgiven. Attempting to correct them as best we can is better than doing nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost our best ruckman, our best small forward, our best intercept defender, and our two best contested mids, one of whom was also our best contested forward. In return for how many first and second round picks?

And don't give me that "they could have walked" BS. A list manager is supposed to plan for this stuff not look around in draft week and go - oh well I guess we better get what we can for them.

We lost our best ruckman, our best small forward, our best intercept defender, and our two best contested mids, one of whom was also our best contested forward. In return for how many first and second round picks?

And don't give me that "they could have walked" BS. A list manager is supposed to plan for this stuff not look around in draft week and go - oh well I guess we better get what we can for them.

Holy s**t, we lost O'Brien, Stengle, Doedee, Sloane, and Brad Crouch!

Must have missed that yesterday

2017 called and want's it's post back.

We also lost our best coach, our best head of football, our best midfield coach, our best Andy Otten...

Do you not see the contradiction in terms in wanking on about cap space, whilst declaring that we shouldnt be concerned with having good players (or presumably with getting value for them when we lose them) because of a rebuild?

What the frig is that unspent cap space going to be doing for us exactly?
didn’t the afl make a rule a year or two backsoftening the cap/floor to be a 2 year average or something?
Going well under this year gives us a warchest next year where we can potentially bring in Grundy AND somebody else with frontloaded contracts, in turn giving us space (because in later years we can underpay them) for another stud in a few years time?

Wait
We lost Reilly O’Brien, Lachlan Murphy, Tom doedee, Brad crouch and Rory Sloane?????

If it was the year was 2015, I would agree

It is easy to be critical when you are not accountable to the consequences.......

Ideal world we.get what we want in every trade. The reality is every player that left us was unwanted by us. Which makes it hard to negotiate when you start the negotiation.

With Eddie and JJ we were basically selling clapped out Hyandais and got better than scrap value.

Could argue we could have got more for Keath and Greenwood, but again the other club had the upper hand given we did not really want them and knew that.

I expect had we been trading out B Crouch we would have got a Brad Bill type deal.

We are not a front foot club where the 'managing' of our list is concerned. The recent bulk exits of 'surplus' players shows this to some degree.

The trade period wasn't the problem. The two years leading up to it was. Everyone knew the crow was dead on the side of the road and they could just pick the bones off the carcass. Not much Reid could do about that.

But we didn't lose anyone we didn't want to and we've cleared most of the dead wood in one fell swoop.

We're going to be pretty bad for a couple of years so don't fret - more picks at the pointy end will come.

We'd be pretty good next year if we played young talent the last couple of years.

Back