Racing Caulfield Cup 2019

2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Finche is a shade overrated imo. KWD had been running down track and that was the closest Hartnell finished all year. Stampede only coming from Sydney form which if anything shouldn't be a strong as the Melb races.

Don't get hate for Mr Quickie but then thinking V&D is a good shot. Both are in with very similar chances. Quickie beat him in Bris and then put in a career best run in the Makybe so being a touch shorter than V&D seems reasonable. Probably both should be a shade longer.

It's obvious where the Mr Q hate is coming from - HIS LAST START!!!!- as i asked - who was the last horse to run so badly in his lead up and win this? They just don't turn around bad runs like that in top top races.

Agree on Finche - KWD form wasn't good enough last year when KWD was going better. Against that this field is weaker - but as I've said over the last few weeks he is consistent enough that he looks a monty to run top 5 but I'd be surprised if at least something doesn't sprint away from him at the finish.

It's obvious where the Mr Q hate is coming from - HIS LAST START!!!!- as i asked - who was the last horse to run so badly in his lead up and win this? They just don't turn around bad runs like that in top top races.

Agree on Finche - KWD form wasn't good enough last year when KWD was going better. Against that this field is weaker - but as I've said over the last few weeks he is consistent enough that he looks a monty to run top 5 but I'd be surprised if at least something doesn't sprint away from him at the finish.
What was boom times start before cup ?
Not saying it was bad just can't remember

Yeah that's fine but remember Mr Q has shown he is better than V&D so it's at odds to say Mr Q at $9 is silly but when V&D has been $11 to be spruiking him.

Yeah that's fine but remember Mr Q has shown he is better than V&D so it's at odds to say Mr Q at $9 is silly but when V&D has been $11 to be spruiking him.

How has he shown he is better? V&D had an awful run in the QLD derby stuck 3 wide no cover while Mr Q never left the fence til everything opened up on the corner

Ya, not disputing that bit.

Look I obviously could be wrong but he looks one of the worst prices I've ever seen in a Caulfield Cup with this money for him,

The fact there is no gap MDG/Constant/Finche to MrQ/V&D is a gift if you like any of the former 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fraar probably.... i remember this cos he was absolutely slaughtered in the Herbert Power and i had a few bucks on him at the huge odds.

Fraar probably.... i remember this cos he was absolutely slaughtered in the Herbert Power and i had a few bucks on him at the huge odds.

Superb nom :thumbsu:

Also I just went back and looked at that years Melbourne Cup. It was a fair dinkum handicap then - a two time G1 winning 4yo mare Slight Chance carried only 50.5!!!!

So many question marks over the whole field. I can find a reason why most of the field cannot win. Cauflfield Cup is just an afterthought these days, seems like even the overseas horses are just group 3 European/Japan Quality.

Best group 1 Form... Rostrakovich..but going terrible... stable can pull out a long odds winner in big races though (see Fraar Boom Time), and Hartnell.. probably over the odds
My question mark over Finche, couldnt beat Runway in the Geelong Cup over the same distance. Barrier is shizen.
My Question Mark over MDG, barrier and it might be a soft track although predicted to be warm tomorrow.
Mirage Dancer's form looks good to me, Competitive with Best Solution, not enamored with the trainer change.
Mustajeer, I am sure Banana Bus is ecstatic with Kris Lees training... automatic 5 length handicap for me.
Dont like any of the Australians. All got form around Qalifa Sa Derby and she is going disgusting.

By process of elimination i tip Mirage Dancer from Rostrapovich, MDG Hartnell , Constantinople and Wolfe cos he is lightly weighted and i have always liked horses backing up really quickly, plus he will be on pace.

Will be interesting to see how the track races, given Caulfield has been great all year i can only imagine the will have to * it up with all the rail movement this week.

Back