hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
People should listen to Below the Bonnet, a great appraisal from a ford and holden driver who both featured in the race....both think it was extremely dodgy, unfair and brings the category into disrepute...
Meanwhile T8 havent complained and the guy who finished 3rd says he feels sorry for the drivers. Besides, that Holden driver was Dave Reynolds and we know he doesnt like Scotty.

The team should be punished for trying it, but there is no evidence that the drivers knew about it and thus cant be punished. I mean there was 30 laps left and 2 more safety cars

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Meanwhile T8 havent complained and the guy who finished 3rd says he feels sorry for the drivers. Besides, that Holden driver was Dave Reynolds and we know he doesnt like Scotty.

The team should be punished for trying it, but there is no evidence that the drivers knew about it and thus cant be punished. I mean there was 30 laps left and 2 more safety cars

The presence or lack of a complaint are not grounds as to whtether a rule should be enforced. The fact is that a number of cars would have jumped Scott and Jamie in the pits if DJR didnt deliberately manipulate the race via Fabs. Not suggesting Scott should ose the title....there will forever be a * next to it anyways...but the team should face severe sanctions for breeching the integrity of the sport.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The presence or lack of a complaint are not grounds as to whtether a rule should be enforced. The fact is that a number of cars would have jumped Scott and Jamie in the pits if DJR didnt deliberately manipulate the race via Fabs
That isn't a fact, in fact no cars would have been likely to.... stop making stuff up. Again, there was nearly 30 laps remaining after the SC left the track, if it were 5 t9 10 laps you can be more certain.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
That isn't a fact, in fact no cars would have been likely to.... stop making stuff up. Again, there was nearly 30 laps remaining after the SC left the track, if it were 5 t9 10 laps you can be more certain.

Reynolds was 10 seconds behind Scott when the SC came out and needed 12 seconds less fuel fill.....as did Courtney and others....see the fact not what you want to believe.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Reynolds was 10 seconds behind Scott when the SC came out and needed 12 seconds less fuel fill.....as did Courtney and others....see the fact not what you want to believe.
12 seconds less fuel ?? Rubbish. Courtney also said he didn't have the speed to match Scotty. You have no idea about facts.

30 laps and no one could get past him, yet the race was fixed.... spare me.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
12 seconds less fuel ?? Rubbish. Courtney also said he didn't have the speed to match Scotty. You have no idea about facts.

Its been confirmed they were much better on fuel and would have had a shorter stop. Reynolds and his engineer confirmed it. The coverage and commentary apparently confirmed it in their graphic predictor as the safety car came out that cars would jump scott and Jamie.

Who's ignoring facts?

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Come on shorty just because you are the fastest doesn’t mean your always win.
Not for one minute do I think Scotty should be stripped of the win, but you cannot categorically say the result would be the same if fab didn’t do what he did.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Its been confirmed they were much better on fuel and would have had a shorter stop. Reynolds and his engineer confirmed it. The coverage and commentary apparently confirmed it in their graphic predictor as the safety car came out that cars would jump scott and Jamie.

Who's ignoring facts?
Reynolds and his engineer ?? So we shouldn't believe Story that Fabs car was overheating but we should believe them ?? OK.

Here's the thing, JW and Scott had track position and they could just as easily short fuelled, which Whincup did again. There's so many permutations that coulda woulda shoulda happened.

This is also ignoring the fact that this exact incident has happened a few times before and gone unpunished post race.

Reynolds was nowhere all day and once again, had 30 laps and 2 safety cars to get something done.... he didn't.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Come on shorty just because you are the fastest doesn’t mean your always win.
Not for one minute do I think Scotty should be stripped of the win, but you cannot categorically say the result would be the same if fab didn’t do what he did.
Thankyou for some logic my friend.

No you're right I cannot say that, however you cant say it would've changed the result either. The order was by and large the same as when the cars entered the pits, Fabs copped the penalty as he deserves and I suspect the team will cop a large fine and loss of teams points.

For a guy who had nothing to do with it lose a win would be an enormous penalty, and unjustified.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Reynolds and his engineer ?? So we shouldn't believe Story that Fabs car was overheating but we should believe them ?? OK.

Here's the thing, JW and Scott had track position and they could just as easily short fuelled, which Whincup did again. There's so many permutations that coulda woulda shoulda happened.

This is also ignoring the fact that this exact incident has happened a few times before and gone unpunished post race.

Reynolds was nowhere all day and once again, had 30 laps and 2 safety cars to get something done.... he didn't.

Caruso (who drove a Ford last sunday) hosts that Podcast and he agrees it was extremely poor and breaching the rules. If you dont like that....try the loud pedal podcast with Lee Holdsworth (Also drove a Ford).....

Just coincidental that Fabs car was overheating at exactly the time when slowing down would help his mate maintain track position? wasn't and issue reuiring him to slow before that ( and lose places) or after that either....come on mate.

Give me examples in detail of other instances. Present me some facts not some wagon circling ignorance or 'look over there', because your precious Ford cheated and got found out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

No you're right I cannot say that, however you cant say it would've changed the result either. The order was by and large the same as when the cars entered the pits, Fabs copped the penalty as he deserves and I suspect the team will cop a large fine and loss of teams points.

For a guy who had nothing to do with it lose a win would be an enormous penalty, and unjustified.

I suggest the sanctions will be heavy....its akin to match fixing....

No one is suggesting strip Scott of the win...but he should be pointing the finger at his own team...not the public.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Just coincidental that Fabs car was overheating at exactly the time when slowing down would help his mate maintain track position? wasn't and issue reuiring him to slow before that ( and lose places) or after that either....come on mate.

Give me examples in detail of other instances. Present me some facts not some wagon circling ignorance or 'look over there', because your precious Ford cheated and got found out.
I'm not suggesting his car was overheating either, that was Ryan Story digging a hole for himself.

T8 did so in NZ last year, I think JW held the field back a long way and was penalised like Fabs was.... Also they did the same at Bathurst in 2015.

My precious Ford..... god you're a child.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I suggest the sanctions will be heavy....its akin to match fixing....

No one is suggesting strip Scott of the win...but he should be pointing the finger at his own team...not the public.
He's pointing the finger at people sending death threats to Fabian Coulthard.

And it is not akin to match fixing, it did not fix the result in the slightest.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

I don’t really blame fabs either, it’s all on the team.
You don’t go against the teams orders especially when the big boss is in town.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I don’t really blame fabs either, it’s all on the team.
You don’t go against the teams orders especially when the big boss is in town.
I think Story is one of those guys who is a bit too clever for his own good. If the win gets stripped you can bet Roger will be giving him a call the following morning.

Hearing is Saturday

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I think Story is one of those guys who is a bit too clever for his own good. If the win gets stripped you can bet Roger will be giving him a call the following morning.

Hearing is Saturday
I don’t know much about Rodger.
Does he play by the rules?
I find story to be a smug campaigner.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I don’t know much about Rodger.
Does he play by the rules?
I find story to be a smug campaigner.
Yeah very smug indeed. He, Roland and Edwards are cut from the same cloth.

Roger is ruthless but he's not one to cheat

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Penske is generally regarded as a bit of a rule-bender.
They don't necessarily bend them, but over time they've cut the line very close.

Everyone does at the top level of every sport. The issue is when people try to dictate the rules, like Red Bull

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
They don't necessarily bend them, but over time they've cut the line very close.

Everyone does at the top level of every sport. The issue is when people try to dictate the rules, like Red Bull

They jumped straight over the line last sunday...no bending at all....

You can try and make yourself feel better by saying everyone does it....but they dont.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They jumped straight over the line last sunday...no bending at all....

You can try and make yourself feel better by saying everyone does it....but they dont.
They do, go through history and see how many times teams have done it. Ferrari, Benetton, McLaren, T8, Prodrive, Ganassi..... they've all done it.

They broke the rules on Sunday, I don't see anyone here questioning that at all. You're picking fights you don't really have any authority to do so, especially for someone rarely seen on this board.

Back