Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

You can focus on that 1% of the supporter base or you can look at the rest who for 30+ Years were the laughing stock of the AFL.

Let’s hope us Suns fans don’t have to wait another 20+ years to get some success.

When we get success you will own 50% of it only while the real fans will enjoy 100% of it.

Congratulations on your win yesterday. Winners are grinners while we just continue to gnash teeth. At least we are doing that in the Beautiful Little City though.

Now when this bloke baited me successfully into another long term ban he then after I was suspended accused me of creating fake accounts during my last suspension.

Let me categorically say on my mother’s life, wife’s life, my own life that I would never do something so pathetic as to create fake accounts.

I’ve had to wait 3 weeks to address that.

I’m going into self-imposed exile now until I get some points back.

In the meantime I’ll be reading everything with interest and giving likes/dislikes etc.

Fingers crossed we are worthy of an A for how we use the trade period.

When we get success you will own 50% of it only while the real fans will enjoy 100% of it.

Congratulations on your win yesterday. Winners are grinners while we just continue to gnash teeth. At least we are doing that in the Beautiful Little City though.

Now when this bloke baited me successfully into another long term ban he then after I was suspended accused me of creating fake accounts during my last suspension.

Let me categorically say on my mother’s life, wife’s life, my own life that I would never do something so pathetic as to create fake accounts.

In the meantime I’ll be reading everything with interest and giving likes/dislikes etc.

Welcome back Bodsy great to have you back mate.

And thank you yes it was a great win.
I enjoyed watching it with a couple of other Richmond and Suns members at one of our amazing surf clubs in our Beautiful Little City.

And when the mighty Suns win one mate I’ll enjoy it even more then a Richmond win because I was there from day one mate.

Last edited:

Welcome back mr bods.
I was lucky enough to follow you on an alternative medium on your exile. It’s great seeing your still fighting the good fight for the suns elsewhere.
Place is not the same without you sir

Could be an interesting hour later on tonight watching Whining Whately and the other clown on VFL 360, especially if they cross to Mr Salt himself, Jeff Kennett, for his views.
Didn’t see afl360 but robbo in his article seems keen to make the suns work. Even argues that the concessions don’t go far enough, that maybe we need assistance with retention, whether that be an allowance or other. And the afl should reach in their pockets to get a quality football director ie: Balme

Didn’t see afl360 but robbo in his article seems keen to make the suns work. Even argues that the concessions don’t go far enough, that maybe we need assistance with retention, whether that be an allowance or other. And the afl should reach in their pockets to get a quality football director ie: Balme

The show was 95% about Richmond after their GF win (fair enough) and the Concessions got a small amount of air time towards the end of the show.

Fair point. As much as I like to ignore what Robbo says for the most part, reality is he's on our side. He never puts the boot in when you're down and is actually for the AFL expanding.

Got a question for the GC locals on here, I possibly have a job opportunity in Brisvegas about to arise with my company. I was wondering if it’s manageable to live on the GC and travel to Brisbane for work daily. What sort of commute time etc? Or would it just be easier to live in Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a question for the GC locals on here, I possibly have a job opportunity in Brisvegas about to arise with my company. I was wondering if it’s manageable to live on the GC and travel to Brisbane for work daily. What sort of commute time etc? Or would it just be easier to live in Brisbane?

Used to live in Robina, now live a little further north. But was at Robina for 10 years and drove to both the Port of Brisbane and Richlands daily. I have a company car so the cost of fuel and servicing etc is covered but as far as the commute, I don't mind it. If you are working in the city though, the bottleneck just after the Logan motorway exit along with the roadworks (the 3rd in this area in 10 years) at the Gateway merge will likely give you the shits.

Used to live in Robina, now live a little further north. But was at Robina for 10 years and drove to both the Port of Brisbane and Richlands daily. I have a company car so the cost of fuel and servicing etc is covered but as far as the commute, I don't mind it. If you are working in the city though, the bottleneck just after the Logan motorway exit along with the roadworks (the 3rd in this area in 10 years) at the Gateway merge will likely give you the shits.
I’d be working near the airport. Just need to put some feelers out to help make my decision, I come from country Victoria so travelling distances isn’t a problem for me, if it’s an easy drive

Got a question for the GC locals on here, I possibly have a job opportunity in Brisvegas about to arise with my company. I was wondering if it’s manageable to live
Wish I’d get offered a gig up there! Melbourne has turned into a hole

I’d be working near the airport. Just need to put some feelers out to help make my decision, I come from country Victoria so travelling distances isn’t a problem for me, if it’s an easy drive

Youll miss the back log into the CBD but will still hit the traffic at the Logan Motorway exit. Depending on where you live on the Goldy and how close you are to the M1 I expect it would be an hour to an hour and 20.

Youll miss the back log into the CBD but will still hit the traffic at the Logan Motorway exit. Depending on where you live on the Goldy and how close you are to the M1 I expect it would be an hour to an hour and 20.
That takes me to the second part of my question, what areas are good to live in on the coast?
Thanks heaps by the way

That takes me to the second part of my question, what areas are good to live in on the coast?
Thanks heaps by the way

Are you buying or renting?

Just myself and my missus. No kids now or anytime soon (hopefully)

Okay so I guess it then comes down to personal taste, budget and whether you want to live in an apartment or a house.

Robina has some nice apartments, is close to a large shopping centre and close to the M1 so you can just head straight up, turn off at the Gateway and head straight to the airport. You could also meet Mr Bods at the local stadium to yell at the Titans should the desire take you.

You can jump on the bus from Boowaggan Rd the next suburb over to get to Metricon and you are about 10 minutes away from Burleigh beach (which I feel is one of the better ones on the Coast).

Okay so I guess it then comes down to personal taste, budget and whether you want to live in an apartment or a house.

Robina has some nice apartments, is close to a large shopping centre and close to the M1 so you can just head straight up, turn off at the Gateway and head straight to the airport. You could also meet Mr Bods at the local stadium to yell at the Titans should the desire take you.

You can jump on the bus from Boowaggan Rd the next suburb over to get to Metricon and you are about 10 minutes away from Burleigh beach (which I feel is one of the better ones on the Coast).
Unreal, thanks heaps mate. I’m so keen on this move I’m really hoping to get the opportunity. I worked up in Brisbane for 2 months last year and tried to make it permanent then but they wouldn’t let me. So I’m trying for it again. Would love to be up in the sunshine state

Remove this Banner Ad

Back