Darwin Game Gawn!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Darwin home game is being returned to the MCG. We will play 1 home game in Alice Springs.

I for one think this is great news.

Good news.

But isn't this part of Gold Coast being given access to the top end rather than us optionally pulling out?

Who cares!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The contrast between the two NT games was staggering.

On one hand you have Alice Springs, a beautiful ground with warm dry weather and a ground we generally play well.

Then you have Darwin, always a s**t show of a spectacle with humidity, slippery footballs and a ground we generally play poorly. Not to mention the last quarters the next week.

Good call by the club. My only issue now is that we actually suck at the MCG under Goodwin so the extra game might not actually help us on the field.

Very glad to have the Darwin game off our schedule. It's not like we were even winning over the locals. They couldn't have barracked against us more than they did in that last game against Adelaide.

As an NT resident I disagree for selfish reasons but my 7 year old son left the Darwin game this year in tears after we botched the end, so maybe it’s a good thing! For those that can, I highly recommend the Alice game. Great time to visit and lots of passionate countrymen and women attend so it’s an eye opener for those that think anything north of Albury is remote. The curtain raiser in Alice last year was great, and despite the grass looking pretty ordinary the surface is generally very good.

Good news. But I guess we keep the Alice game for the foreseeable future so that we don't have to host a game at Docklands. Hopefully by the time we possibly stop playing in the NT altogether we've got a big enough membership base that they don't try and make us play a home game at Docklands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back