Rumour Revealed: Bulldogs pair’s intense training day with Antonio Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

wcv1475

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is this strange, just read the article and it read like a puff piece (complimentary article), asking the question only due to the accusations that Brown has against him?

Can you imagine the calls of culture, if this was Dustin Martin or the like featured in the article?

Link to Article

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Is this strange, just read the article and it read like a puff piece (complimentary article), asking the question only due to the accusations that Brown has against him?

Can you imagine the calls of culture, if this was Dustin Martin or the like featured in the article?

Link to Article
Without knowing a lot about the guy in question, I read that they were allegations.

wcv1475

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without knowing a lot about the guy in question, I read that they were allegations.
Yeah that is why I said accusations, much like the NRL player stood down pending his court case this year can't recall his name. Just thought it was a strange look for the WB players considering his current situation, and that a much more negative piece would have been written if it was a Dustin Martin or a Player like De Goey from the club I follow.

Antonio Brown should only be used to show AFL players the effects of CTE

That can be the only reason for his self imploding behaviour

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
They had breakfast with the guy and then spent a couple of hours training with an elite athlete trying different training methods.

Dunkley & Crozier are high character guys, the session was set up through a mutual contact. It’s hardly like they know him personally.

wcv1475

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
They had breakfast with the guy and then spent a couple of hours training with an elite athlete trying different training methods.

Dunkley & Crozier are high character guys, the session was set up through a mutual contact. It’s hardly like they know him personally.
Yeah that is sort of my point do you think that the AFL media would have printed that story as a good story if different players were involved?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Good example of the different level of athletes out there...i know dunkley isnt super athletic but hes one of the best mids in our game...and he physically cannot compete with antonio

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Good example of the different level of athletes out there...i know dunkley isnt super athletic but hes one of the best mids in our game...and he physically cannot compete with antonio

They're both conditioned for their respective sports. Big bodied mid aint going to run rings around a reciever

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Conversely there'd be very few players in the NFL that could match the endurance profile of anyone on an AFL list.
Nfl is a hard sport to judge...wide reciever are at the highest level of athletes...speed,power,agility,reflex etc

Qb's on the other hand dont have to be athletic at all (tom brady) not to say there are not good athletic qb's but its not high on priorities. Qb's have to be very intelligent and have the god given ability to process situations, environments,changes in split seconds. Cope well under pressure but also anticipate what opposition will do.

But you are correct, the vast majority of the nfl would not have the aerobic power of the afl boys....but imo...top end recievers are at the pinnacle of athletic ability

Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Nfl is a hard sport to judge...wide reciever are at the highest level of athletes...speed,power,agility,reflex etc

Qb's on the other hand dont have to be athletic at all (tom brady) not to say there are not good athletic qb's but its not high on priorities. Qb's have to be very intelligent and have the god given ability to process situations, environments,changes in split seconds. Cope well under pressure but also anticipate what opposition will do.

But you are correct, the vast majority of the nfl would not have the aerobic power of the afl boys....but imo...top end recievers are at the pinnacle of athletic ability

Just to add to this it's easy to forget the less glamorised guys on defensive/O-Line, check out some of James Harrison's workouts on youtube if you haven't already, it's phenomenal. I saw a sports science thing on foxtel a couple years ago about the force they hit with, it's absolute nuts. Alot of these guys get paid more than the high profile RB/WRs because they have a bigger player win above replacement than the WR/RBs, this was illustrated last year when Pittsburgh went from Bell to Conner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back