Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

we draft mostly country boys from around Australia to earn millions of dollars over a career, how many bleeding heart lefties do you imagine we have on our list?
Apparently Izak Rankine posts stuff about the Black Panthers and s**t on Facebook.

I thought Wingard seemed alright as well.

As for the players actually on our list, I’d prefer not to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? We were stupid enough to pick the clown. Geelong fans warned us. We laughed. Now we cry.
I was weary on Motlop & Watts more so because they are flaky players coming to a flaky club with a coach that can barely speak english let alone iron out flawed players.

*Call me mad but Watts will yield the best return from the triple treat.

I was weary on Motlop & Watts more so because they are flaky players coming to a flaky club with a coach that can barely speak english let alone iron out flawed players.

*Call me mad but Watts will yield the best return from the triple treat.

Yeah, I’ll wear Motlop. He was a risk, but he’d just come off that excellent Prelim here where he was arguably Geelong’s best (26 & 1; 2 goal assists with 11 running bounces) and looked like he’d suit Adelaide Oval to a tee like an insane upgrade on Matt White opposite Polec.

Rockliff though. Yikes. More red flags than a Soviet victory parade.

Rocky's isolation videos have been a bit of a laugh. here's the last 5 days with son Jack staring.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ll wear Motlop. He was a risk, but he’d just come off that excellent Prelim here where he was arguably Geelong’s best (26 & 1; 2 goal assists with 11 running bounces) and looked like he’d suit Adelaide Oval to a tee like an insane upgrade on Matt White opposite Polec.

Rockliff though. Yikes. More red flags than a Soviet victory parade.

I can see why we went for him. We had numerous games in the preceding years where we'd get pantsed in the centre with no answer to the game's best inside midfielders and be losing clearance after clearance. Robbie couldn't do it all.

I mean, not moving Boak to half forward and getting rid of Voss would've been a good start but still.

I can see why we went for him. We had numerous games in the preceding years where we'd get pantsed in the centre with no answer to the game's best inside midfielders and be losing clearance after clearance. Robbie couldn't do it all.

I mean, not moving Boak to half forward and getting rid of Voss would've been a good start but still.

I thought it was purely we had to spend more of the cap and he was the best free agent we could lure

To add to thr debate on the value of Rockliffs touches.

He's right up there in terms of initiating score involvements (behind Lycett and Boak). View attachment 903239

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I cant understand any calls to drop him. Problem with Rocky is that he has a poor kick, and doesn't have any big flashy weapons! So he just doesnt stand out in a game. But whenever I watch a game a second time, I just seem to see more of all the little things he does, his pressure & tackling, finding the ball, initiating chains, and/or being a link in a chain.

A fit Rocky is a great addition to our midfield. The question is getting the balance right. He needs to be part of it though.

I cant understand any calls to drop him. Problem with Rocky is that he has a poor kick, and doesn't have any big flashy weapons! So he just doesnt stand out in a game. But whenever I watch a game a second time, I just seem to see more of all the little things he does, his pressure & tackling, finding the ball, initiating chains, and/or being a link in a chain.

A fit Rocky is a great addition to our midfield. The question is getting the balance right. He needs to be part of it though.

His biggest asset is his quick decision making such that when he does win the ball, he's able to make the right decision and get it to the outside. He makes our outside speed guys look even faster as a result, and it really opens up our forward half.

He's never going to be a flashy player, but he's exactly the type of player we need in our midfield.

To add to thr debate on the value of Rockliffs touches.

He's right up there in terms of initiating score involvements (behind Lycett and Boak). View attachment 903239

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He always got knocks on him when he was at Brisbane that he just racked up disposals for no result, but people always overlook disposals at the BEGINNING of a scoring chain. And that was Rockys strength, getting the ball first and clearing it to someone with penetration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back