Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to pin down. Started out with a heavy 90s sound & obvious hardcore influences. Check the song below from the debut. Completely changes from about 1min 38 sec into an amazing hardcore inspired riff fest.

Sound changed a bit for the 2nd (and final) album into more sabbath inspired metal you hear on the song I posted above. No one really heard about them before they broke up, until Shadows Fall covered them and people realised how good they could have been. Main songwriter died unfortunately.

Cheers for the recommendation. I'll have to line them up on Spotify.

Soundworks are ******* pricks. They just don't bring anything to Adelaide anymore and dont respond to any queries. Over it.
I reckon Nickos would have the same complaint re Perth.
I've known the guys for over 15 years now but they're dicks when it comes to the west coast shows so I just stopped following soundworks all together a while back. What's worse were all the soap box zealots that jump to the defense on any comment of frustration at simply being a non-eastern stater. 🤷‍♂️

Is there anyone more cringey than Robb Flynn?

The response was one of the most politely brutal burns ever

https://metalinjection.net/latest-n...ut-they-have-more-listeners-than-machine-head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a lot of ‘rotting’ going on, but have you checked out new Coffin Rot? Pretty good.

Good recommendation. Cover art suggested perhaps there would be some 'brutal/slam' elements but not hearing any at moment. I think we're having the best death metal revival I can remember - perhaps best since the actual halcyon days.

Yep. Some decent stuff coming out of Portland, Oregon too.

Yeah. North America seems to be Oregon, California and Colorado (plus Tomb Mold's city). The vocals on Coffin Rot are really good. Really nice solo on Miasma of Brutality. How'd you come across them?

Am hearing obituary tour in jan almost a sellout already - wonder if they'll consider moving shows to larger venues?
Crowbar in sydney is pretty small (but great spot)

Am hearing obituary tour in jan almost a sellout already - wonder if they'll consider moving shows to larger venues?
Crowbar in sydney is pretty small (but great spot)

Really? Pulled the trigger. Don't need another BTR/Arise tour debacle.

Think it might have been deliberate, there was a big thread on Twitter about a lot of the bands being Nazi's or something.

Funny that a Japanese male in the US who loves Blasphemy is still not immune to this bullshit.

Yeah pretty crazy, I think they were calling him out for his collaboration with Iron Bonehead. It was all 6 degrees of seperation type stuff for the most part with the bands, though. "X band are signed to X label who also have X band and/or label is owned by X who done such and such." Don't think there was anything in way of lyrics in their argument.

Yep. Standard horseshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back