B: Grimes, Astbury, Broad
HB: Houli, Rance, Vlastuin
C: Pickett, Prestia, Caddy
HF: Castagna, Riewoldt, Stack
F: Rioli, Lynch, Martin
R: Soldo, Cotchin, Edwards
INT: Nankervis, Lambert, Graham, Bolton

EMG: Short, Ross, Baker, Balta/Chol

Jeez, the selection committee would almost be hoping for an injury to a fringe player just to make selection easier

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Lets for arguments sake say its 2021.
What id like to see in the back half and yes its just a humble opinion .

F/B Vlastuin - Astbury - Grimes
H/B Stack - Balta - D-E-S Yes im backing des in to making it. Its assuming Houli and Rance have retired.Its assuming Balta becomes a good chb. Imo i advocated last yr we trade for a similar type to Harris Andrews i think a type like dougal Howard would have suited us this yr.

I dont have a lot of faith of either Miller or Garthwaite making it and Balta may not even be developed as a backman so for me a kpd or two is the priority.
Yes, contingencies should be in place for Rance, but I think he's got 3 good years left. By that time maybe Balta does his job.

As has been proven, we can deal with life without Rance anyway. He'll be our backline coach/mentor eventually.

I'm very aware that the guys in charge have plans in place for all of our 'A' graders heading into retirement. They would be remiss in not to do so.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Number 1 change will be me getting a Lynchy and Dusty gurnsey as i will be supporting the Tigers from now. Anyone know how to change the team you support on BF? Asked the Port fans and they went spaz 😂
And so you should get on the Tiger train.......We're a club that has been around for over a century, and in a dynasty window that wont be closing in the foreseeable future

TalkingFootyNow1223

Stay Calm... Its Just A Game... SweetFA..
Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
And so you should get on the Tiger train.......We're a club that has been around for over a century, and in a dynasty window that wont be closing in the foreseeable future
My mates a Tigers member and he is over the moon has tride to convert me for years but just loved the fan/club relationship Port USED to have now Ken, Koch, Keith and Cripps have killed the club. I tell you what we need to get our Tiger hands on Rozee, Duursma and Ladhams i will see if i can convert them over with me. Inside info. Todd Marshall, Robbie Gray, Ollie Wines and Amon will be looking at new clubs in the 2020 trade window.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
My mates a Tigers member and he is over the moon has tride to convert me for years but just loved the fan/club relationship Port USED to have now Ken, Koch, Keith and Cripps have killed the club. I tell you what we need to get our Tiger hands on Rozee, Duursma and Ladhams i will see if i can convert them over with me. Inside info. Todd Marshall, Robbie Gray, Ollie Wines and Amon will be looking at new clubs in the 2020 trade window.
Nice to see you're already on the train.

Todd Marshall is probably the only one that the Tigs could be interested in. Robbie is too old, Wines too expensive, we have an abundance of Amon types.

Would have Rozee, Duursma and Ladhams in a heartbeat

TalkingFootyNow1223

Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Nice to see you're already on the train.

Todd Marshall is probably the only one that the Tigs could be interested in. Robbie is too old, Wines too expensive, we have an abundance of Amon types.

Would have Rozee, Duursma and Ladhams in a heartbeat
Was a simple transfer haha almost felt too natural 😂 100% agree Marshall, Rozee, Duursma and Ladhams would be a nice addition. Wines is a flog, Amon will be a decent player but not 1 worth chasing (does want to come home to Vic tho might get him on the cheap) And Robbie would be a handy player to fill a midfield role for a year or so then get him working for the club as a scout (wants to win a flag, wants to end his career in Vic, was the one that told Port to pick up Rozee and Butters)

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone who doesnt have Graham in their best 22 is nuts. He is a lock for round 1 and first magnet on the board. Book mark it!
He's absolutely Best 22, however after the shoulder reco he'll have a delayed preseason.
Given the depth on our list, maybe we should let him complete a full preseason and bring him into the side later on. He should play out the year much better then.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
So many options you cant go wrong.

I'd start with

Grimes Rance Astbury
Short Flossy Baker
Pickett Cotchin Caddy
Bolton Rioli Castagna
Jack Lynch Balta

Nank Martin Prestia

and the greatest bench of all time

Shed Lambert Stacky Houli

Em Soldo ( stiff) Graham (stiff) Ross (stiff) Broad (super stiff)

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
There's gonna be some big calls to be made next year. Don't envy the selectors.

B: Houli, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB Grimes, Rance, Stack
C: Caddy, Martin, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Lynch, Bolton
F: Baker, Riewoldt, Castagna
R: Soldo, Cotchin, Prestia
I: Pickett, Ross, Coleman-Jones, Lambert

Swap Baker with Stack and thats our team for R1. Stack to play forward/mid.

ryza87

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
4 definite in's - Rance, Pickett, Stack & Ross. Would love to see Balta and RCD in also.

Ellis, then in the firing line and all very still, Broad, Short, Baker, even Graham. If there were some noses out of joint this year, wait til next.
No chance Ross is in front of Graham hahah.

ryza87

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
He's absolutely Best 22, however after the shoulder reco he'll have a delayed preseason.
Given the depth on our list, maybe we should let him complete a full preseason and bring him into the side later on. He should play out the year much better then.
How much delay?

gunnagunnagunna

Senior List
Jul 14, 2014
Broad Astbury Grimes
Houli Rance Vlas
Bolton Prestia Caddy
Edwards Lynch Lambert
Rioli Jack Castagna

Nank Martin Cotchin

Soldo Graham Stack Pickett

Em: Baker Short Ross K Mac

Damn this is near impossible to pick

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
No chance Ross is in front of Graham hahah.
Ross is going to be a gun, perhaps as early as next year. He will be a centre square mid over Graham if he isn't already. He had 28 possessions in his 2nd game, Graham's top is 24 in his career. And he applies plenty of pressure to. Not saying he is over Graham yet in the match committee's eyes, but on 'potential'.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
How much delay?
Wouldn't that be guided by the medical staff? Depends how long he needs to recover from the surgery and can start doing proper strength training.
I was thinking something like coming back into the AFL side around 2-3 weeks before the bye.
A couple of games at VFL level to build match fitness, a couple of senior games before a rest at the bye and then play out the year.

Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
People very quick to drop short and baker for stack

Rewatch the finals - both short and Baker very good - their dual sided 50 kicking off half back is a real weapon for us

Could see one making way but certainly not both

I’m not sure what stacks best position is - and I’m not sure if the coaches know either quite yet

Squibbs

Premiership Player
May 25, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
People very quick to drop short and baker for stack

Rewatch the finals - both short and Baker very good - their dual sided 50 kicking off half back is a real weapon for us

Could see one making way but certainly not both

I’m not sure what stacks best position is - and I’m not sure if the coaches know either quite yet
I wouldn’t be surprised if Stack roams off the half back line allowing Short to play more forward and launch a few missiles from 60

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Number 1 change will be me getting a Lynchy and Dusty gurnsey as i will be supporting the Tigers from now. Anyone know how to change the team you support on BF? Asked the Port fans and they went spaz 😂
Seriously - don't do it. Unless there is a compelling family-orientated reason (ie - wife, relative becomes a team member, etc), or location-oriented (ie, you move state) - stick with your original club. Sure, you're crap right now (actually - you're not - Port finished mid-table). Part of supporting a team is that it's a journey - and mostly it's fairly bleak (only one team out of 18 can win in any year). We've all had crap administrators and coaches - it's a standard complaint (as if average fans have any idea about how to run a fiootball club). Saint's football department are utter rubbish according to their BF board - but they 'won' trade week (whatever that means), and so all is sunshine and unicorn farts again. Just wait - you'll draft 5-6 potential Brownlow medallists in a month or so, and all will seem sweetness and light again.

I think for all the joy we got out of 2017, being a Bulldog supporter in 2016 would have been the greatest feeling imaginable. It's a journey. Their Journey was the longest in the competition - lots of ups and downs. When Port do win again, you'll enjoy it with your mates and revel in it. Why do you want to join a bunch of smug gits like us - you didn't do the journey, so you don't know what it meant to us. We're just a bunch of arrogant a*seholes - like the fans of every premiership team throughout history. (But we're the best, of course:cool:).

You can try changing teams - but see how you feel the first week the Tigers play Port. That will tell you all you need to now. If you can barrack 100% for the Tigers, you may as well change teams every year. And that's fine - but you will miss out on a lot.

TalkingFootyNow1223

Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Seriously - don't do it. Unless there is a compelling family-orientated reason (ie - wife, relative becomes a team member, etc), or location-oriented (ie, you move state) - stick with your original club. Sure, you're crap right now (actually - you're not - Port finished mid-table). Part of supporting a team is that it's a journey - and mostly it's fairly bleak (only one team out of 18 can win in any year). We've all had crap administrators and coaches - it's a standard complaint (as if average fans have any idea about how to run a fiootball club). Saint's football department are utter rubbish according to their BF board - but they 'won' trade week (whatever that means), and so all is sunshine and unicorn farts again. Just wait - you'll draft 5-6 potential Brownlow medallists in a month or so, and all will seem sweetness and light again.

I think for all the joy we got out of 2017, being a Bulldog supporter in 2016 would have been the greatest feeling imaginable. It's a journey. Their Journey was the longest in the competition - lots of ups and downs. When Port do win again, you'll enjoy it with your mates and revel in it. Why do you want to join a bunch of smug gits like us - you didn't do the journey, so you don't know what it meant to us. We're just a bunch of arrogant a*seholes - like the fans of every premiership team throughout history. (But we're the best, of course:cool:).

You can try changing teams - but see how you feel the first week the Tigers play Port. That will tell you all you need to now. If you can barrack 100% for the Tigers, you may as well change teams every year. And that's fine - but you will miss out on a lot.
Its not a total transfer its just for the 2020 season as im waiting till Ken gets the sack from Port its just so i can at least get excited once a week for a genuine game.

Back