List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME ME ME

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
something tells me that Mutimer is going to get delisted.

I was hoping that Matthew Allen would have been given a chance along with Hamish Brayshaw and there are no certainties on what will happen to these guys

it's going to be tough even with an elite player like tim Kelly coming in

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
McInnes is already de-listed and Watson has signed on.

From the rest of the list I'd imagine Brayshaw likely to be kept with maybe Brooksby for the Beagles.

Yeah that’s what I’d try to communicate. Watson and McInnes off the rookie list. Watson on the main list. And I assumed that Mutimer is gone.

Meaning between 2 and 7 total picks in the RD and ND depending on what happens with Brooksby, smith, Allen, ah Chee and brayshaw.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles waiting on Rioli decision by the AFL , on moving Rioli to the rookie list for next season but until the Eagles know they are unsure about their delistings .....M Allen , Mutimer , Brayshaw , Brooksby and Smith ,
Ah Chee is set to be announced as the latest player to re-sign after being offered a one - year extension . Might be salary cap reasons moving Rioli to the Rookie list I assume on lower contract .

What is the timeframe for having our list finalised?

I wouldn't have thought that the Rioli situation would impact on Rookie listing decisions. Don't think we will be getting an outcome for Willie before Round 1 next year.

Don't really understand this? Rioli's punishment is ASADA's call, not the AFL's. And his movement to the rookie list would be due to the fact he could be banned for up to 4 years, not because of salary cap.

It's a joint ASADA/AFL Integrity Unit investigation and Willie's case will be heard an AFL anti-doping tribunal that will hear facts of the case from both Willie and ASADA before making a determination. After the AFL anti-doping tribunal reaches an outcome if either Willie or ASADA can appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland.

Here is an excerpt from an article about the Sam Murray suspension:

"COLLINGWOOD’S Sam Murray fronted the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal on Thursday, more than a year after a positive ASADA match-day test.

The 21-year old Pie has effectively served a 12-month provisional suspension. He is facing a four-year ban under current rules, but is hoping to mitigate that sanction significantly.

Members of the Tribunal will deliberate over the next two weeks before releasing their findings.

Murray played 13 matches for Collingwood last year. He remains on the Pies' rookie list.

He was tested by ASADA late July 2018 and stood down two weeks later."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08...n-fate-after-fronting-afl-antidoping-tribunal

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
What is the timeframe for having our list finalised?

I wouldn't have thought that the Rioli situation would impact on Rookie listing decisions. Don't think we will be getting an outcome for Willie before Round 1 next year.

It's a joint ASADA/AFL Integrity Unit investigation and Willie's case will be heard an AFL anti-doping tribunal that will hear facts of the case from both Willie and ASADA before making a determination. After the AFL anti-doping tribunal reaches an outcome if either Willie or ASADA can appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland.

The Eagles I read today are trying to place Rioli on the Rookie list and have requested permission to do so from the AFL . Eagles need to finalise their list October 31 and the Rioli situation is holding up possible delistings etc . The AFL will decide in the next week or so if they will allow West Coast to rookie list Rioli .
This is nothing to do with Rioli's ban from AFL which will probably be decided in six months ....this is about list management for West Coast immediately nothing to do with Rioli's ban .

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The Eagles I read today are trying to place Rioli on the Rookie list and have requested permission to do so from the AFL . Eagles need to finalise their list October 31 and the Rioli situation is holding up possible delistings etc . The AFL will decide in the next week or so if they will allow West Coast to rookie list Rioli .
This is nothing to do with Rioli's ban from AFL which will probably be decided in six months ....this is about list management for West Coast immediately nothing to do with Rioli's ban .

Thanks.

Given that Rookies can now play games, and from what I read in this thread being on the rookie lis won't change Willie's salary, what is the point of putting Willie on the Rookie list? How would that be better from a list management perspective?

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks.

Given that Rookies can now play games, and from what I read in this thread being on the rookie lis won't change Willie's salary, what is the point of putting Willie on the Rookie list? How would that be better from a list management perspective?

" While the Eagles are resigned to being without Rioli next season , issues relating to his list spot and salary cap implications are yet to be resolved . Rioli , who has been provisionally suspended over two alleged drug violations is contracted until the end of 2022 " .

" The Eagles have pledged support for the rising star , but may be allowed to move him to the rookie list next year . The uncertainty means the club does not know how many players it will have to delist , ahead of list management meetings this week . The first list lodgement deadline is on October 31 . "

Nedland

Forward Pocket
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Thanks.

I believe the reason behind it is because 3 draft picks must be used per club per season in the national draft. Primary list sizes work in respect of Cat A Rookie spots and given a pick is already designated to Frankie Watson being upgraded, it’d be a straight swap of players between the lists. Worst case scenario is we delist Rioli and use a Rookie pick to redraft him. That means we have 2 more to delist from the primary list before the 31st

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably been discussed already but is Ben Keays worth a look?
Wouldn't be the first ones looking for keys.

Some impressive games in the neafl (yeh, standards and all that) but 9 times over 3 goals, with a few 4 and 6 in rd2.
Not sure why Bris delist him with Linc McCarthy's injury prone history. Good enough depth for their list as at least he's putting up good numbers in the reserves.

Last edited:

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably been discussed already but is Ben Keays worth a look?

He's reinvented himself from a midfielder to a small/medium forward. The problem is he wouldn't ever be able to play that forward position at AFL as he's too slow and not agile enough. The re-invention was because he wasn't getting midfield time at Brisbane and was desperate to try and find another role he could play.

He's a decent quality player, but he's a WAFL player at best. Some years the best amateur clubs / SWFL clubs would beat most of the NEAFL teams. Maybe thats overstating it, but if you took the worst 2 WAFL clubs each year, they would still likely win the comp in the NEAFL.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He's reinvented himself from a midfielder to a small/medium forward. The problem is he wouldn't ever be able to play that forward position at AFL as he's too slow and not agile enough. The re-invention was because he wasn't getting midfield time at Brisbane and was desperate to try and find another role he could play.

He's a decent quality player, but he's a WAFL player at best. Some years the best amateur clubs / SWFL clubs would beat most of the NEAFL teams. Maybe thats overstating it, but if you took the worst 2 WAFL clubs each year, they would still likely win the comp in the NEAFL.
Fair enough!

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in thread. Where is Jye Bolton likely to go in the draft if he does and has anyone seen much of him. Would he be worth grabbing at 46 if he was there?

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in thread. Where is Jye Bolton likely to go in the draft if he does and has anyone seen much of him. Would he be worth grabbing at 46 if he was there?
Pretty sure he's moving to Victoria to play VFL next season

ClayB

Debutant
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Now Knightmare's phantom draft has Geelong taking Robertson at 14 (WC original pick)
Will we go through all this TK business again? :drunk:

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm liking the look of Sandy's Captain Ryan Byrnes. Seems to be a O"brien/ West Coast style pick to me....
The kid has dedication and talent in spades, speed out of congestion, can kick on both sides and can find the pill both on the inside and out. Suits our game style.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back