Opinion Which Preliminary Finals would have lead us to a premiership if we had have won them ?

Which years would we have won the GF if only we'd won the PF the previous week ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 7 12.1%

Votes: 40 69.0%

Votes: 21 36.2%

Votes: 4 6.9%

Votes: 46 79.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I say we would have won 2019 and 2013 if we had won the prelim, but in saying that we were not suppose to go close in either prelim.

Think its time to let go of the past and move forward.

Our coach has lost 11 of his last 15 finals so projecting hyptheticals about what we would have won is ambitious, at best.

Our coach has lost 11 of his last 15 finals so projecting hyptheticals about what we would have won is ambitious, at best.
Well we surely would have beaten Fremantle despite them beating us at our own home ground a few weeks earlier.
And we obviously would have beaten the Dogs in 2016 because we'd beaten them during the season, just like we beat Richmond in 2017 after beating them through the season and Melbourne in 2018 after beating them twice during the season.

Well we surely would have beaten Fremantle despite them beating us at our own home ground a few weeks earlier.
And we obviously would have beaten the Dogs in 2016 because we'd beaten them during the season, just like we beat Richmond in 2017 after beating them through the season and Melbourne in 2018 after beating them twice during the season.

You are assuming that CS could get the job done which he has failed dismally at in the past 8 years.

...Just like we beat Collingwood during the 2019 finals after beating them during the season.
Just like we beat Richmond in the 2019 finals after beating them during the season.

...Just like we beat Collingwood during the 2019 finals after beating them during the season.
Just like we beat Richmond in the 2019 finals after beating them during the season.
...Just like we beat Port during the 2013 finals after beating them during the season.
Just like we beat Hawthorn in the 2016 finals after beating them during the season.
Just like we beat Sydney during the 2017 finals after beating them during the season.
This is a fun game.
What are we playing again?

Shockingly this is degenerating into more poo throwing on both sides.

I cant imainge how this turn of events came about.

Truly shocked.

Thread on a very very short leash.

GO Catters

Definitely this year, but this years GF is devoid of all glory as far as im concerned. I cant help but wonder if behind the facade they present Richmond supporters know in the back of their minds that flogging an interstate team completely out of its depth in its first ever GF is a hollow victory. Its hilarious to watch the AFL desperately try to inflate Richmonds tires though, as if anyone but them even cares that they won or who they beat.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely this year, but this years GF is devoid of all glory as far as im concerned. I cant help but wonder if behind the facade they present Richmond supporters know in the back of their minds that flogging an interstate team completely out of its depth in its first ever GF is a hollow victory. Its hilarious to watch the AFL desperately try to inflate Richmonds tires though, as if anyone but them even cares that they won or who they beat.

nope, and nor should they.

if we had done the same to GWS in the GF this year and the above was posted on their board, we would rightfully mock it in our 'opposition supporters say...' thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nope, and nor should they.

if we had done the same to GWS in the GF this year and the above was posted on their board, we would rightfully mock it in our 'opposition supporters say...' thread.

It wasn't their first time at the Big Dance (2004 Premiership win over Brisbane) but Port Adelaide's absolute SPIFLICATION at the hands of a rampant Geelong outfit in 2007 wasn't a hollow victory in my mind at all. I doubt it felt hollow to most Geelong supporters either.

For neutral fans it would have sucked though. Nobody wants to watch a one-sided match unless its your team doing the flogging.

Nah, probably none of these.

But I think we would've won a Premiership in 1994 had we made the Finals Series!

Remember we stormed home beating the Top 5 or Top 6 teams, and were the form team, only to miss because I think the Pies couldn't beat the Crows in Adelaide for us to make it.

Nah, probably none of these.

But I think we would've won a Premiership in 1994 had we made the Finals Series!

Remember we stormed home beating the Top 5 or Top 6 teams, and were the form team, only to miss because I think the Pies couldn't beat the Crows in Adelaide for us to make it.

It was 1993 we missed out. We made the Grand Final in 1994. Probably shouldn't have bothered, but we made it anyway.

Any of them could, none of them would be guaranteed.

This year I think was the best chance, then maybe 13 and 16 (those two I could see either way around).

Either way it's all just a big trap created from results oriented thinking.

It was 1993 we missed out. We made the Grand Final in 1994. Probably shouldn't have bothered, but we made it anyway.

The Prelim in '94 was our grand final. We were spent the following week.

Also didn't help that Worsfold took Buddha out in the first quarter either....

I think in 2010 if we had beaten the Saints in the QF we would have played the Pies in the GF and most likely would have lost. But not get destroyed like we did in the PF.

LOL... More like OUR TEAM lost 11 of their last 15 finals.
Teams win games... Teams lose games.
Players on the field, you know the ones... they kick handball mark tackle pressure shepherd etc etc....
It has been proven time and time again throughout history.
Can't remember Luke Beveridge winning the flag for the dogs, without Tommy Boyd & a couple of his mates they'd have zilch??
Nor Adam Simpson... looked like Dom Sheed to me LOL.
Continue with your COOL story mate.
Cheers & GO CATTERS!!

Yeah... Nahhh...
Like we did to Port Adelaide??? Ummm okay...
You talking about the same TIGERS team that easily accounted for us after being 20 pts down at halftime??
That won every game after the bye??
That played one of the best 4 quarter GF games i've seen in awhile??
The BEST team running around the past 3 years??
That one??
Give credit were credit is due.
Facts are that we were not good enough for a 4 qtr effort to beat the team to beat.
Cheers & GO CATTERS!!

Back