EPL Matchday 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Consecutive win record means nothing. Don't care about that. Just wanna win the league.

Disappointing to drop points but we were poor for about 75 mins. Once we scored it looked like there would only be one winner and if there was a other 10 mins we would win that game.

Ah well. That's United away done for the season. Still lead the league by 6 points.

All these United blokes are full of s**t. Phil Neville going on about how great United were. Didn't we have like 75% possession in the second half.

He's talking like United have battered us. I thought the first half was s**t and scrappy. Neither team was any good and United got somewhat of a lucky goal.

Then they just couldn't get the ball in the second half as they got deeper and deeper.

Neville is smoking some top stuff.

Delighted with the point,. If we had battered Utd Ole would've been given his marching orders within 48 hours, at least with this draw he'll last into the new year where he'll to continue stink the place out. They were always going to be up for this one. 4D chess Liverpool. Gotta love it.
If that’s the thought process after losing the title by a point last season I think you’re playing that 4D chess on the wrong board.

Delighted with the point,. If we had battered Utd Ole would've been given his marching orders within 48 hours, at least with this draw he'll last into the new year where he'll to continue stink the place out. They were always going to be up for this one. 4D chess Liverpool. Gotta love it.

I am literally not following this logic.

United aren’t Real Madrid or Milan where they will sack a manager after a poor start to the season into October. Keeping Moyes, LVG and Mourinho as long as the club did only proves that. Ole isn’t getting sacked any time soon. I think you’d rather be upset you didn’t win today given how close City are bound to keep the title race.

s**t quality game. Our passing and crossing (for the most part) was well off for most of the game. Forwards had poor touch most of the game, but were being sent rockets which didn’t help. Subs made a difference, and we could have snatched it when Ox shot just wide, but too little too late. 5 seat bus parked most of the day...eh, it is what it is...

Not even Sham City can go 38-0-0 through a season. Always going to drop points somewhere. Would rather have won, but the positive in dropping points is Utd will have to live with Ole for a while yet. Normal service will be resumed for Utd next week when Teemu Pukki helps himself to a brace in a Norwich victory. :thumbsu:

You’re playing Spurs next. I guess you will be hoping for a loss or draw so Poch can still still remain the manager of the free falling Tottenham.

Not even Sham City can go 38-0-0 through a season. Always going to drop points somewhere. Would rather have won, but the positive in dropping points is Utd will have to live with Ole for a while yet. Normal service will be resumed for Utd next week when Teemu Pukki helps himself to a brace in a Norwich victory. :thumbsu:
No I agree, Klopp’s strategic point dropping is a work of art. Losing titles by a point doesn’t matter, he’s playing the long game.

Don't worry, I'll help you out. Utd contractually bound managers post Fergie that would see managers keep their jobs if they qualified for the Champions League. It's why Moyes lost his job after his first season when they finished 5th. van Gaal was sacked despite winning the FA Cup due to finishing 5th on the last dain his 2nd season. Mourinho qualified for the CL twice, but in his 3rd, Utd sensed they were losing their grip in the race for top 4 sacked him after losing to us. It is without doubt the best time possible to sack a manager. Now you can follow on to my previous post. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I followed just fine. You have gone from wanting to drop points to United because you said it will keep Ole in the job past the next 48 hours, to saying normal service will be resumed next week after Norwich’s striker scores a brace after you claimed Ole would have been sacked if he lost to Liverpool within 48 hours and now you’re rambling about CL qualification after a matchday 9 fixture when United’s CL destiny won’t be settled until at least early April.

Can I suggest that perhaps you don’t have a point to any of this? But hey, a Liverpool supporter wanting Liverpool to drop points to Manchester United is certainly a first. LOL.

The match really lacked any real quality, which played into the hands of a United side that doesn't really have any quality. Draw was a fair result I feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23 what happened to the defence? Same players, two clean sheets (not including EFL cup or super cup) in now 11 games? I thought VVD was the answer. And Allison has been around for 0 clean sheets so he's not the answer either
Lazy trolling there mate, not at your best.

Check facts and you will see we once again have the best defensive record in the league. All without the best GK in the league too.

Now that's he's back I expect more clean sheets.

I think that's already sorted now mate to be fair.

I don’t think it is. 29 rounds to go and 7 points from the top 4. We are about as out of the CL as Spurs are right now and I doubt anyone would say Spurs can’t make the CL. For all anyone knows, United could go on a run. The top 6 usually takes shape in January and if United are in the top 6 in January (4 points off right now), that means they’re fighting for the top 4. Ole won’t get sacked any time soon.

Last edited:
Lazy trolling there mate, not at your best.

Check facts and you will see we once again have the best defensive record in the league. All without the best GK in the league too.

Now that's he's back I expect more clean sheets.
You had two clean sheets without him and none with him though

I don’t think it is. 29 rounds to go and 7 points from the top 4. We are about as out of the CL as Spurs are right now and I doubt anyone would say Spurs can’t make the CL. For all anyone knows, United could go on a run. The top 6 usually takes shape in January and if United are in the top 6 in January (4 points off right now), that means they’re fighting for the top 4. Ole won’t get sacked any time soon.
I think you're a fair bit delusional here mate. Your squad is not great. Your manager is out of his depth and you're already starting from a long way back. IMO you're absolutely no chance for top 4.

Geeze what happened Jod? Liverpool were awful this morning! Why did Salah get rested, bit of a weird one by Klopp! Looking a bit shaky now, do you think you're going to choke like last year?

Jod only does downers on other teams remember. He loves wallowing in other people’s misery. Well today he is ignoring the fact that Liverpool couldn’t beat a team that has absolutely “no chance of top 4”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back