QFA Div 2

ablett

Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
Wouldn't that be nice SM if there was just a little more respect paid to the volunteers at clubs. Interestingly I also see Country Victorian clubs are all having their affiliation fees waived in 2020. Imagine what positive things could be done around the clubs if that was the case? Even just for one year!

$9k a team in QLD is robbery

Still Me

Feb 18, 2019
Over 8K to put in a Colts team. Hard age group and big cost. Well done to community clubs that go for it.

So if you have seniors/Ressies/Female/Colts you see no change out of $34-36K.

Throw in Trainers/Strapping for each Team I would be surprised if you get much change out of $50K.

So if you have 100-110 players to service those teams at $400 rego fees you still around $10K short. Then by the time you add in the merchandise you give with fees I think you minimum $20K behind eight ball with 4 sides. Even with just seniors and ressies most clubs would be at least $10K out of pocket.

That's if everyone pays!!!

Monday Xspert

Draftee
Mar 30, 2019
Gold Coast

Throw in Trainers/Strapping for each Team I would be surprised if you get much change out of $50K.

So if you have 100-110 players to service those teams at $400 rego fees you still around $10K short. Then by the time you add in the merchandise you give with fees I think you minimum $20K behind eight ball with 4 sides. Even with just seniors and ressies most clubs would be at least $10K out of pocket.

Look at a club like Alex Hills/Robina they had all of those teams. 34K in fees before you pay a cent in field maintenance and buy a footy.

Well done to clubs in this environment they do a great job.

noosaboy

Jan 20, 2011
Noosa

Have to totally agree with you still me about how much the aflq keep asking of volunteers
Whilst we are going well both on and off the field it is still draining for them and we r very lucky a small group keep hanging in.With regards to colts it is our major aim to get them up and going so we can proceed to higher comps but at the same token this year we didn’t have them, saved 8 or so grand in fees and the best 4 or 5 of our 17 year olds played in a senior flag and seriously made a difference.That said often the money runs out so that under 18 pathway is the key I reckon

Still Me

Feb 18, 2019
Look at a club like Alex Hills/Robina they had all of those teams. 34K in fees before you pay a cent in field maintenance and buy a footy.

Yep love or hate clubs , I think every does well to get teams up and running each year.

We are definitely one of the hardest sports to get going every year considering the amount of gear, field maintenance, uniforms , volunteers, equipment etc required compared to other sports.

Look at cricket? Club supplies a ball each new game and that's about it?

ablett

Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania

Yeah , maybe if players realised this then there wouldn’t be so many demanding cash to play and give nothing in return.
Local leagues should all be amateur , if won’t more money then get a better job, don’t bleed footy clubs of it.

LaggingBehind

Aug 8, 2019
Yeah , maybe if players realised this then there wouldn’t be so many demanding cash to play and give nothing in return.
Local leagues should all be amateur , if won’t more money then get a better job, don’t bleed footy clubs of it.
Leading to the 2011 floods the dams were really low and turf cricket was facing oblivion but QLD Cricket went to BCC and actually saved turf cricket by negotiating water rate reductions due to keeping active etc. I wish AFLQ did something similar to help clubs. Some water relief would be great. Or some other bulk assistance instead of issuing fines and rules that impact our volunteers just to make it easier for them to administer

Qld footy fan

Mar 10, 2019
The league just bleed all the clubs
While throwing $$$$$$$
At the AFLQ And under 18
Back in 2013 it was around $8000
A side to run in the 2nd div
Totally out of control and the money spead is so unfair
Put a Colts side in and yes I can see
How the bill for Alex hill is $34.000
Before they spend another cent
Just wrong

ablett

Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
The league just bleed all the clubs
While throwing $$$$$$$
At the AFLQ And under 18
Back in 2013 it was around $8000
A side to run in the 2nd div
Totally out of control and the money spead is so unfair
Put a Colts side in and yes I can see
How the bill for Alex hill is $34.000
Before they spend another cent
Just wrong

Paying for the high salary’s of the League staff.

PREETY_FLY

Oct 19, 2012
Suns
Heard on the grape vine that pine rivers is getting a few ex park ridge players . Any truth to this ?

Still Me

Feb 18, 2019
Heard on the grape vine that pine rivers is getting a few ex park ridge players . Any truth to this ?

Heard same rumours for last few years. We have our Presentation Night in next few weeks and all boys confirmed for that night. Definitely not the sort of boys that make decisions about footy in October I assure you.

We have had a bit of success last few years and still have that run going. I know three or four of the boys from Northside have already committed for next year to get the club back on track with Saturday Footy.

They are all ripping loyal blokes and I wouldn't even begin to ask about any rumours.

Number_#37

Mar 2, 2018
North side base park ridge player moving to "insert northside club here" here's a template for the next team to put their hat into the rumour mill.

Hard to see them moving to another club in the same division.

The rumour mill is a bloody brilliant thing!

Hard to believe any blokes would have moved clubs when the clearance window isn’t even open 😂😂

Jun 2, 2007
Don't think there is much change from $8-$9k to play Div 4 is there?

We field QAFL, Reserves, Colts, Thirds and have done so for 13 years. We also had womens for 10 years when there wasn't much support for womens footy coming out of head office. Likely to have womens footy again in 2020.

Not change from $60k for that, plus 5 sets of jumpers, 5 sets of volunteers and in Colts and 3rds footy (Div 4) you need to supply the goal umpires and other additional off field roles. Physio, trainer, strapping, coaches, managers - it's a small army of unpaid volunteers that keeps things running.

Not to mention 400 odd juniors, with plenty of the coaching coming from the senior volunteers and playing group.

Qld footy fan

Mar 10, 2019

We field QAFL, Reserves, Colts, Thirds and have done so for 13 years. We also had womens for 10 years when there wasn't much support for womens footy coming out of head office. Likely to have womens footy again in 2020.

Not change from $60k for that, plus 5 sets of jumpers, 5 sets of volunteers and in Colts and 3rds footy (Div 4) you need to supply the goal umpires and other additional off field roles. Physio, trainer, strapping, coaches, managers - it's a small army of unpaid volunteers that keeps things running.

Not to mention 400 odd juniors, with plenty of the coaching coming from the senior volunteers and playing group.
Wow great job !!!!!!OMG that would be tough ....enjoy the upcoming season

ablett

Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania

That’s why your on the big Bux!

Running a Club is long hours and very un rewarding to a certain point.
The AfL have lost touch with grassroots footy and would rather stay in their comfortable bubble and mix with their corporate buddies.
They don’t get their hands dirty to assist clubs raising more revenue yet won’t even make fees more affordable and sustainable for clubs to survive.
They continue to bite the hand that feeds them.
You have presidents & volunteers busting their ass for free while the AFL Honchos get paid a fortune to do sweet fa.

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
I have said this for years.
It's a lot of money to do a draw and organise some umpires.
In a lot of cases clubs supply their own field goal umpires.
They don't take care of ovals.
They don't help in the bar.
They don't help with any other bills.
They don't fix lights.
They don't help in cleaning.
They don't help clubs in trouble when asked to help.
They do however put more responsibility on clubs.
Then fine them when they carnt cope.
Then at the end of the year they take all the grand finals(juniors as well) and take the money from the gate.
The ones they carnt fit in they sell out to others.
Not to mention bar and food takings.
Then everyone thanks them for putting on a great day.
We are all getting screwed and everyone is letting it happen.
We may be opponents on the field but it's time to unite off the field.
It's the only way change will happen.
Just the opinion of an old bloke who's seen clubs get screwed for far to long.
Time for all presidents to have a private meeting and send a message enough is enough.

Gone Akers

Jun 30, 2018
They don't fix lights.
Then at the end of the year they take all the grand finals(juniors as well) and take the money from the gate.
Time for all presidents to have a private meeting and send a message enough is enough.
Why have they taken grand finals off clubs ??? It’s a good revenue raiser. The Best local GF i went to was 2012 at kedron. The hill was full that day !

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
North side based park ridge player moving to "insert northside club here" here's a template for the next team to put their hat into the rumour mill.

Hard to see them moving to another club in the same division.

Be massive points as well - lets say 3 guys did, unless PR was their junior club (50+ games) then they are going to be something like 5pt players I think so 15pts on 3 guys who have just come out of playing Fri night footy. Ridiculous

freddyfudrucker

May 8, 2019
They don't fix lights.

Plenty with that I can agree with!

ablett

Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
They don't fix lights.

There has been talk over the years that few club officials from certain clubs have contemplated starting up their own league, bit like what Packer did with Cricket .

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
There has been talk over the years that few club officials from certain clubs have contemplated starting up their own league, bit like what Packer did with Cricket .
Don't think we have to go that far.
But all controlling bodies love it when franchisees are at opposite views or dont talk.
Their biggest fear is when they do get together and realise they are beaing ripped off.
Then all come together as one and ask for a please explain.
Show me where our money is going.
What do you give us for our money.
That's when change happens not when clubs try to pull each other down.
Go hammer and tong on the field but unite off and you have a better chance of a positive result.
It will take some very progressive clubs and presidents to pull it off.
But if they don't they will continually be screwed over without a whimper.

Feb 10, 2018
Be massive points as well - lets say 3 guys did, unless PR was their junior club (50+ games) then they are going to be something like 5pt players I think so 15pts on 3 guys who have just come out of playing Fri night footy. Ridiculous

Or ignore this season and they are coming straight out of a div 2 premiership side.. or a QAFL club the year before that. Don’t think the swans would find it to hard to find a spot for a few guns even with the points