Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it concerning that I feel like Starc isn't even in NSW's best XI anymore?

9/60 off 43.3 overs for this match so far good enough? (including 3 bowled, 2 LBW, and 2 caught behind)

Starc's career Shield numbers with the ball - 24.95 average, 46.18 strike rate, 3.24 economy rate. Unquestionably elite at this level.

Disgusting backing up from Webster - just hands on hips and sitting on the back foot. This bloke wonders why he is in and out of the team...can't even do the basics you're taught as a 6 year old.

Would have thought his Shield batting average of 27.44, with just 4 tons over 70 innings, mostly at a snail's pace strike rate, would have been enough to explain why he's still in and out.

"But he can roll the arm over with some spin!" Yeah, and his bowling average is 45.28.

Still young enough to improve, but OK Shield player is his ceiling IMO.

9/60 off 43.3 overs for this match so far good enough? (including 3 bowled, 2 LBW, and 2 caught behind)

Starc's career Shield numbers with the ball - 24.95 average, 46.18 strike rate, 3.24 economy rate. Unquestionably elite at this level.
I literally corrected within 10 posts of that. When I posted that he had been bowling dross and had been for some time. Was a valid point when the person you were talking up in the last shield match got dropped so he could stay in.

I literally corrected within 10 posts of that. When I posted that he had been bowling dross and had been for some time. Was a valid point when the person you were talking up in the last shield match got dropped so he could stay in.

Bloke has 215 Test wickets before the age of 30. He's got one or two credits in the bank for a "form finding" match or two at state level I reckon, even ahead of the great Harry Conway.

Bloke has 215 Test wickets before the age of 30. He's got one or two credits in the bank for a "form finding" match or two at state level I reckon, even ahead of the great Harry Conway.
Yeah...which is why I called myself an idiot.

Starc bowling himself into the first test side ahead of James Pattinson it seems based on this match.

He has had 1 good game...after being abysmal first up. Pattinson has bowled well on two roads. Jyhe Richardson has bowled well too, Nesser as well.

They have, but I'd still be surprised if either got the nod for the first test this summer.

I'd be shocked if Starc plays first test. Gut feeling but Pattinson for the first test seems logical. He's not playing every test so it makes sense to play him test 1, then the MCG test at least

Back